I\'ll be watching for this to be cast up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I\'ll be watching for this to be cast up

Default I\'ll be watching for this to be cast up

Sculpted by Gael Goumon this looks rather tasty and will be a bit of a challenge for subtle painting.
    I hope it\'ll be out before November as I can paint it as someones Birthday Present.
    Taken from the works of Stephanie Pin-Mun Law
    Shadowscapes

oh yes that is very nice..Painting for Wyrd and getting my hand on a lot of Gael sculpts has made me a big fan indeed.. one of the best sculptors of female minis out there..

Very, very nice and gives a lot to a painters imagination me thinks :D

oooh, nice! What size will she be?

I like the cat/bird interaction - if good sculpture tells a story, they\'re almost like the \"b\" storyline.

What the hell is that on her shoulder???

I\'m probably the only one but I think it looks daft.

If you\'re going to plonk 5kg of bird on her shoulder you might as well do the job right dump an Ostrich on there instead.

Also, I assume the bird is freaking out at the cat on the floor... The lady must be the coolest individual ever as a bird that size flapping on my shoulder would have me looking less than serene.

Other than the gargantuan bird, I think the rest of the mini is quite stunning and beautiful with nice proportions and graceful lines... I just hope it\'s a multi part sculpt (with optional dodo).

Sorry if this post upsets anyone, i\'m ranting but i\'m in a surprisingly good mood :D

it doesnt really grab me tbh. although i bet there will be some wonderful versions of her painted

edit squidders - i think its a phoenix

who\'s gonna be the first cheeky painter to put a giant shit streak down her back from that bird???lol
    looks cool...i like the cat, and the wild hair...

cheers
    jah

@Squidders: Knowing Stephanies work I\'ve automatically assumed that she\'s taken a Celtic myth about Swans and worked the original art around it.

I do know that Irish Celtic myths do have a lot of swan references, symbolism and instances of transformation into swans in them. So it wasn\'t a huge leap for me to see what Gael has sculpted as a Swan.

Besides, we paint toy soldiers and monsters, a girl with a swan on her shoulder shouldn\'t stretch our (already warped) imaginations any further away from \"reality\" than it already is. :D

EDIT: Found the page and artwork Gael worked off and it is a Swan.Gallery: Angels: White

I\'m torn on the bird a bit, but overall I like that mini a lot. The pose with the hair flying up like that just seems like it will lend itself to conversions/dioramas. *Getting ideas already* :D

It seems to me all the commotion that the bird is making only adds to the sense of serenity that the woman has.

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

My first thought on the mini was \"What the hell is that bird doing?\" The second was \"Damn, if you paint it as a phoenix and have her kind of a fire elemental-ish wizardess it would be cool but the poor cat will get singed\".

The more I look at it the more I like it. I\'ll probably get one and try my hand at it sometime before the world ends.

Having studied the phot a bit more of the green my only question is what is that hanging from the back???

At first I thought she had a scarf of some sort but it seems to be coming from the back of the swan???

Originally posted by jahminis
    who\'s gonna be the first cheeky painter to put a giant shit streak down her back from that bird???lol
    rofl!!!!!!!

there is no way that is a swan, i assume ha has used a little artistic license. swans doent have tail feathres like that, they look like this:

Yep more than a Little Artists license there.
    It\'s not on the original artwork, so when it\'s cast It might not be remaining on a version of mine.

but mike, you\'d have to finish it then (and post it)!

Looking at the tail feathers i would say it was intended to be a Phoenix. Still it\'s a nice sculpt and looks great, just not really my cup of tea. Then again the more i look at it the more i like it.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

I would think that the phoenix done in chemeleon and irridesent paints would be the way to go. But it would not photograph worth a dang.

Originally posted by freakinacage
    but mike, you\'d have to finish it then (and post it)!
    Finishing figures isn\'t the problem, it\'s the amount I\'ve got still \"raw\".
    Posting however is a different matter.:Dlol

Originally posted by Dragonsreach Posting however is a different matter.:Dlol
    Watch this space come Sunday/Monday you might shock a lot of people lol :D If I can get some decent shots of your stuff.