Meet my first creation in scale 1 / 64

If someone is interested can contact
    through the blog or MP .... I will be happy to send
    more info on costs and shipment

http://mab-sculpture.blogspot.com/

Activate the sound of your PC :)

Saluti MAB

http://www.coolminiornot.com/196506

that\'s bloody lovely ...... any chace of a shot next to a ruler so all us who don\'t kow what a Euro is can gague size.... nice work indeed.

Oooh I\'m really liking that and I echo the request for a pic with a ruler or maybe a 28mm model for scale. Bloomin\' lovely with a great dynamic pose. :D

I\'m thinking it may be a tad small for a 28-32 mm mini. It would probably work well with a 25 mm mini, though.

It is indeed a lovely, lovely sculpt! Great sense of proportions, great sense of movement and great paintjob too!

1/64 is 28mm scale.

I saw this on Créafig\'s a few days ago. It\'s probably the most realistic 28mm scale horse on the market at the moment IMHO.

Awesome job MAB :)!

Originally posted by demonherald
    that\'s bloody lovely ...... any chace of a shot next to a ruler so all us who don\'t kow what a Euro is can gague size.... nice work indeed.
    A Euro is about the size of a £1 coin :D

Ritual, using a guideline of \"if a man is 1.8m tall - or a tadge under 5ft 11in\" then 1/64 scale is 28mm :D

Originally posted by green stuff
    1/64 is 28mm scale.
    Depends on how you measure those 28 mm. 28 mm in 1/64 scale is about 180 cm. A miniature that is 28 mm to eye level would probably look a bit large next to this horse, while a miniature that is 28 mm to the top of its head would look good. Very few 28 mm minis (at least in fantasy) are 28 mm to the top of the head.

@Anders : as I mostly agree with you, I will however point out a pet peeve of mine : scale doesn\'t mean size. So the 2 to 3mm difference that there would be if you mesure at the top of the head or the eyes would roughly correspond to say the difference between somebody who mesures 1m70 and somebody who mesures 1m90 (rough figures, no need to nitpick the numbers ;)). Sure they have differences in size but both exist in real life.

So yes a ruler would be useful to get a better idea, but in the end I don\'t think it\'ll make a big difference.

Originally posted by green stuff
    @Anders : as I mostly agree with you, I will however point out a pet peeve of mine : scale doesn\'t mean size. So the 2 to 3mm difference that there would be if you mesure at the top of the head or the eyes would roughly correspond to say the difference between somebody who mesures 1m70 and somebody who mesures 1m90 (rough figures, no need to nitpick the numbers ;)). Sure they have differences in size but both exist in real life.

So yes a ruler would be useful to get a better idea, but in the end I don\'t think it\'ll make a big difference.
    Yeah, I know (and for the record, YOU said \"28 mm scale\", not me... :innocent: ). That\'s why I brought it up. A simple calculation of what 28 mm corresponds to in 1/64 scale indicates that it\'s the same size, but if we take other things into considerations like how those 28 mm are measured, scale creep (meaning 28 mm minis are more like 32) and \"heroic proportions\" etc, it might not work as well anymore.

I think this horse might work with a miniature of Hasslefree\'s proportions, but we all know how small Hasslefree miniatures look next to most of what is being produced in fantasy/sci-fi.

I\'m tempted to get one and find out! :)

Message original : Ritual
    for the record, YOU said \"28 mm scale\", not me... :innocent:
    Yeah, I knew that would backfire on me :P.

BtW, did you see that Maurizo added a ruler at the top of the page ;)?

Thanks, hadn\'t noticed! I do think that it would work well with a Hasslefree mini!

Welcome to coolmini, MAB. That is indeed a fine sculpt. I\'m sure wiccanpony will be interested to see that.

Beautiful sculpture and an awesome paint job on the mini, I am not normally a horsey type person but I do like that and would love one myself.

Hi to all
    Thank you all for the good comments ... I inserted the ruler
    so that you have a better view of proportion.

I flipped the work following the real measures of a horse in this race ... and then I reduced all in scale 1 / 64.

The horse lends itself to endless solutions from the historical to fantasy ... I think it is fun to go to build all equipment and knight.

Usually when we talk of Scale you never know how to take measures .... whoever takes the end of the head that takes from the line of the eyes.
    I have always taken the measure from the line eye with regard to the soldiers and with regard to Horses from the head ears excluded.

Thanks to all and have fun. :)

Saluti MAB

got my order form through and will be ordering for definite ... I\'ve got the perfect minis for this been looking for a good realistic horse for ages.... great stuff...

Originally posted by demonherald
    got my order form through and will be ordering for definite ... I\'ve got the perfect minis for this been looking for a good realistic horse for ages.... great stuff...
    Hmmm, I Pm\'d him just after this went up and have heard nothing, guess I will have to try the blogg route.

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

I want this! It\'s so rare that you find truly great horse minis. The proprtions are usually slightly off. Donna will definatly be oogling this one.

gorgeous mini, one of the best horses ive seen

Hi Guys
    Thanks to all for the good Comments
    iIt is a real pleasure for me to know that you liked
    my work .... is a major stimulus to achieve
    other work on this scale.

A greeting to all and have fun :)

MAB