I closed my eBay store today...

Thread: I closed my eBay store today...

Default I closed my eBay store today...

**EDIT** I want to make sure that people understand who read this I\'m not going out of business.. couldn\'t be further from it..Business is good a growing..I just wont use eBay as a retail outlet anymore to sell items. Explanation and discussion is below.

Well after all their fee increases and the elimination of the ability for a seller to leave negative feedback for crappy bidders I decided to close my eBay store today. Well actually I decided to close it a while ago, I just got around to closing it today.

I will probably sell the occasional item on eBay and of course buy items but I will now do all my selling of my Dragon Forge Design line items from my website only. If I was in your favorites on eBay you can find my items now only at http://dragonforge.com

Thanks-

Jeff

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

You had me paniced there for a minute. I thought you were just not going to sell any more. I was going to ask you about a custom base one of these days when I have a bit of cash and thought I waited too long! :o

Originally posted by lizcam
    You had me paniced there for a minute. I thought you were just not going to sell any more. I was going to ask you about a custom base one of these days when I have a bit of cash and thought I waited too long! :o
    Nope I\'m still open for Business..I\'m just not giving money to eBay anymore.

PM me, email me.. buy through my webstore.. Ill be happy to serve you all.

You can advertise on my site for free, DFD.

Good for you man, don\'t put up with any funny business.

Yeah ebay have certainly come up with a crapsicle of a system with this new feedback.It\'s kind of like your a seller , we\'re gonna charge you at every turn, but we\'re gonna give the power to the buyers who pay nothing...

I now end up having to chase people up for money because they aren\'t gonna get any negative feedback from me however much they messs me about....:cussing:

not to mention certain big companies not being charged the same fees as smaller companies since ebay did a deal with them as well as putting those companies auctions first on the lists!

i\'ll put a link on my blog for you Jeff and on my site once it\'s redone (as it\'s shite at the moment)

Yup, ebay is shite now if your a seller. Sorry to hear your closing the store DFD but at least your still operating from your own site.

Originally posted by Onis Lair
    Yup, ebay is shite now if your a seller. Sorry to hear your closing the store DFD but at least your still operating from your own site.
    Its no big loss for closing it..for every one item Id sell off the store..Ill sell 50 off my site. I still us paypal as a check out system..so I guess eBay is getting some money from me still,just not $2-3.00 an item sold of my profit.

Ive also had the same issues as DH when it comes to collecting money.. its harder to get people to pay timely now. Yes a few do pay quickly but I had one literally go 45 days dragging her heals. Once I finally ended the sale with the non paying bidder procedure she was suddenly attentive. If I sell anything now from eBay it will be with BIN with immediate payment required.

I\'ve been a little irked at eBay for a while, especially their \"price cuts\" that end up costing me more. I\'m still a fairly new store, so I end up selling almost at cost (after fees) to generate hits on my main site, which is where I\'m trying to get all my repeat business. I suppose it\'s worth it for me at this point just to get the huge exposure that eBay has.

I look forward to posting a thread similar to this one someday. :D

Sorry to hear about the close Jeff but sounds like you\'re not losing much in the way of sales so I suppose it served its purpose for you :)

Originally posted by Onis Lair
    Yup, ebay is shite now if your a seller.
    Well that would be a change! For far too long all the advantage and power has lain with the sellers and even twats could get away with murder for ages (and that\'s not even talking about the true scam artists).

Originally posted by hakoMike
    I look forward to posting a thread similar to this one someday. :D
    lol

Einion

Originally posted by Dragon Forge Design

good good

Originally posted by freakinacage
    Originally posted by Dragon Forge Design

good good
    Yup..even just added 4 new items for sale in the lines. ;)

Deleted my previous message cause I came off sounding like a Boob.. Ill get to it when I can..thanks.

Originally posted by AinuLainour
    I don\'t quite understand the reason in ignoring a potential gateway to more customers who don\'t frequent other forums that you are on, DFD. :duh:
    ebays charges combined with paypals destroys the profit you make mate.
    add the number of traders onto ebay and it\'s even more difficult to make money now.

there are a lot more than jeff who have walked away from ebay.

Originally posted by generulpoleaxe
    Originally posted by AinuLainour
    I don\'t quite understand the reason in ignoring a potential gateway to more customers who don\'t frequent other forums that you are on, DFD. :duh:
    ebays charges combined with paypals destroys the profit you make mate.
    add the number of traders onto ebay and it\'s even more difficult to make money now.

there are a lot more than jeff who have walked away from ebay.
    Ackk. I should delete that post you quoted. It was a bit off-topic.

no worries mate, jeff explained :)