The highlight of my GW \"paint ring\" collection
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: The highlight of my GW \"paint ring\" collection

  1. #1

    Default The highlight of my GW \"paint ring\" collection

    Many of us despise those little \"paint rings\" that appear out of nowhere inside GW flip tops. Some of us even collect them. Here\'s my newest addition to my collection, and my favorite. Probably also the biggest paint ring most have seen. lol

    So I got out some of the old hex flip top bottles this evening, just to use for fun. And this thing popped up!

    You can see the \"ledge\" where the cap section was stuck to the bottle part. When I opened the bottle, that top was plugging the hole so I tore it off.

    The inside part is even in the same shape as the bottle!

    The best part was that the paint was not all dried up. A few drops of water and the paint was back to normal.

    -Matt

  2. #2
    Superfreak!!! Dragonsreach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs, UK (A Geordie in Exile)
    Posts
    17,325
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    :no:
    :rolleyes:
    :no:
    :)

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default

    Oooh and I thought it was just me who liked those paint rings....lol I love \'teasing\' them out of the paint lids with cocktail sticks - very soothing.

    I rank removing paint rings right up there with peeling face masks and every kids favourite - peeling the white glue off the palm of your hand once it\'s dried :yes:

  5. #5

    Default

    I agree with Tooshy there....... once every couple of weeks I sit myself down and get picking.......very therapeutic.
    and I still can\'t resist the temptation to put a little extra PVA on the back of my hand whenever I\'m using it..lol

  6. #6

    Default

    Don\'t forget one other thing: scabs. :|~

    Back when I was really young I would always get scraped knees on the playground. For some reason I would pick off the scabs during class and then have to go to the school nurse to get a bandage. I guess I just really wanted to get out of class! lol

    -Matt

  7. #7
    Superfreak!!! lizcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Posts
    5,549
    Blog Entries
    29
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    I do the same thing with the glue. And candle wax......Erm......TMI?

    I think it\'s our ape ancestery that does it. The old grooming instincts kicking in.

  8. #8

    Default

    Originally posted by lizcam
    I do the same thing with the glue. And candle wax......Erm......TMI?
    I thought for a second that said \"ear wax\" which would very much be TMI :o

  9. #9
    sg2009
    Guest

    Default

    :redface: what does TMI mean

  10. #10

    Default

    \"too much information\"

    :D

    -Matt

  11. #11
    sg2009
    Guest

    Default

    :redface: thanks :cool:

  12. #12
    Superfreak!!! Dragonsreach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs, UK (A Geordie in Exile)
    Posts
    17,325
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Originally posted by mattsterbenz
    Don\'t forget one other thing: scabs. :|~

    Back when I was really young I would always get scraped knees on the playground. For some reason I would pick off the scabs during class and then have to go to the school nurse to get a bandage. I guess I just really wanted to get out of class! lol

    -Matt
    Nope you\'re not alone on that one.

  13. #13

    Default

    haha.. you guys are sick!

    And so am I :o

    I agree something really soothing with cleaning the old GW bottles. And the smell.. the amazing smell!

  14. #14

    Default

    Originally posted by mattsterbenz
    \"too much information\"

    :D

    -Matt
    I disagree. With what Liz just said, I\'d go for:

    \"tantalizing mental image\"

    meeeOWWW!:twisted:

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by Avelorn
    And the smell.. the amazing smell!
    Sometimes I open up my old hex flip tops just to sniff them.





    ...I\'m not lying. lol

  16. #16

    Default

    lol lol lol

    How cool is that! I have some of them sitting in some old GW bottles, never did the job to work them out.

    Still I have my old Jade Green bottle (colour is already hard like stone) and I water it down to use it until last drop since the colour doesn\'t exist anymore and it was my favourite :cry:


  17. #17

    Default

    Originally posted by tooshy
    Oooh and I thought it was just me who liked those paint rings....lol I love \'teasing\' them out of the paint lids with cocktail sticks - very soothing.

    I rank removing paint rings right up there with peeling face masks and every kids favourite - peeling the white glue off the palm of your hand once it\'s dried :yes:
    lol me too!!

    i am a \'picker\'. cant not pick at a scab and not squeeze a spot

  18. #18
    Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    San Diego land of Bitchy Witches
    Posts
    5,870
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    :rolleyes: I\'m surprise no one said “Picking a nose”....... now everyone must make a saving throw or go into TMI shock and a snottling will steal your wallet.

  19. #19

    Default

    I found my pots of W&N inks the other day. The black has solidified. I can\'t remove it without breaking the glass bottle.

  20. #20

    Default

    Originally posted by mattsterbenz
    Originally posted by Avelorn
    And the smell.. the amazing smell!
    Sometimes I open up my old hex flip tops just to sniff them.





    ...I\'m not lying. lol
    Me too.. me too.. :redface:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->