We have a tiny earthquake and the world panics! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We have a tiny earthquake and the world panics!

Well the New Moon is coming up and if you chart it out the number of pets gone missing is probably up. So who knows the \"Big One\" may be coming. Had/have your cats been acting strange lately Liz? Maybe Hoople Head is a good earthquake sensor?:D

I know what you mean. When I lived in Cali for a short time I only knew we were having one if I was drinking beer after work at the patio near my apartment. It had metal railing that would rattle a bit. Otherwise, I\'d never know unless it was a big one, which I never experienced.

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by mud duck
    Well the New Moon is coming up and if you chart it out the number of pets gone missing is probably up. So who knows the \"Big One\" may be coming. Had/have your cats been acting strange lately Liz? Maybe Hoople Head is a good earthquake sensor?:D
    If I used Hoople Head to judge when there was going to be an earthquake I\'d be constantly on the alert. He odd at the best of times! lol

there was some video of it on some news show i happened to stumble about. they were showing some judge show, and almost every one just started running out of the court room lol

*Ahem* Is there an echo?

The only mention of it on the news here has been a bit of footage of Judge Judy as it occurred whilst they were filming. It was one of those ...and finally stories. They didn\'t even say what the size of the EQ was, just that as Judy made a quick exit,both parties in the case were left standing bemused.

5.0 is nuffin, we had a 6.4 where we lived in Iceland recently. We came out of it really well though, even if the houses on either side of us were completely wrecked on the inside:wow:

Squig

I figure it was just a slow news day so any attempt to pump some action into the news was needed. i am however looking forward to the \"big one\" so i can have some ocean front property. :D

i dont know..... i live in the san fernando valley, but atm im on vacation, and i have a mini that ive been working on all summer just sitting on my desk back home with about 3 large picture frames above it..... soooo hahah, it makes me a tad nervous. Ah well, we shall see if its cool mini or not tomorrow afternoon eh?

I\'m at the local library right now and am about 1/4 mile from a whopper fault. Seismically we got hit harder during the famous 06 quake than SF did. The fire\'s what really clobbered them.

Luckily it wasn\'t a big deal as there was practically nothing by way of injuries or damage. But it was enough to make me stumble and fall to one knee as I crossed my living room -- but then again, I\'m a hell of a lot closer to the epicenter than Liz was; I\'m almost surprised they felt it at all, way out there.

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by lahatiel
    Luckily it wasn\'t a big deal as there was practically nothing by way of injuries or damage. But it was enough to make me stumble and fall to one knee as I crossed my living room -- but then again, I\'m a hell of a lot closer to the epicenter than Liz was; I\'m almost surprised they felt it at all, way out there.
    Especially with a mountain range between us!