What decade?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What decade?

Default What decade?

This will probably get more responses from Coffin Dodgers and soon to be Coffin Dodgers. But I have to ask…

What was your decade? I would have to say the 80s. There was so much stuff going on.

We had Morton Downey, Phil Donohue…Talk shows were actual topics and not freak shows.

The music was great. We had Synth-pop, Punk Rock, Alternative music was exactly that.

Fashion? Pin Striped jeans, friendship bracelets, and girls wore their pony tails on the side of their heads.

Games were: Atari 2600, Intellivision, Colecovision, Commodore 64.

Too much stuff to mention. So, what was your decade? What brings back fond memories?

The 80s all the way, for me!

Ok, so the end of the 70s was also great, and the first years of the 90s (when the 80s still lingered on a bit... :P), before grunge, britpop and eurotechno came.

I\'m thinking mostly of music here. For me, the miniatures are way better now, though. :) But when I think of music basically every single type of music that I enjoy had its most flourishing time at some point during the 80s.

yep 80\'s and early nineties before everything stared going a bit strange....

The fashion wasn\'t the greatest (especially hair) but I never had that problem.. It\'s also when I discovered painting ..

and some of the best all be it cheesy TV shows with not a single reality , vote for me . call in and make me famous for acting like a twat freak show programmes of today.

Go ,A team , Knight rider , Airwolf , Chips , He man , Thundercats ,Dungeons and dragons and more.........

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

I have to go with the \'70\'s. We were stoned most of the time, having great sex, rock was in it\'s peak (in the early \'70\'s anyway) and n one cared.

Then crack hit the scene as did aides. Music went electronic. When was that again? Hmmmm...................Oh Yah! THE 80\'S! :P

lol Actually the 80\'s were ok. I just had better experiences in the \'70\'s.

I grew up in the 80\'s (grad in 86) so I certainly had my share of cultural impact from that time.... D&D, contemporary video games, some music.

In the early 90\'s I had a sort of \"re-culturing\" when I met my wife. We listened to current music, watched new movies, etc. I find myself more and more reliving the things that we experienced during our courtship and thinking of that as \"our time.\"
    (sheesh, don\'t let me get all mushy on you... lol )

Last two years of the 70\'s through to the first year of the 90\'s for me :)

Music wise it was the best for this period.
    Minis were discovered here in the UK as something other than just the airfix plastic 00/H0 scale or the historics that some people played with.

Never was a big TV fan but comedy shows like Kenny Everett, OTT and a few of the others mentioned.

I hated the mid 70\'s and looking back Oxford bags and those platform shoes ...

80\'s FTW:cool:

OK so I was too young to appreciate most of it properly but it did mean I got hit with the full force of all the kids TV and fantastic toys. Roland Rat, Timmy Mallet, Gordon the Gopher, He Man, Transformers, Dukes of Hazard, Knight Rider, Knightmare, Mysterious Cities of Gold.....

Thems were the days :D

Are you talking about the 1870s?

[runs for his life] ;) [/runs for his life]

Originally posted by lizcam
    I have to go with the \'70\'s. We were stoned most of the time, having great sex, rock was in it\'s peak (in the early \'70\'s anyway) and n one cared.

Then crack hit the scene as did aides. Music went electronic. When was that again? Hmmmm...................Oh Yah! THE 80\'S! :P

lol Actually the 80\'s were ok. I just had better experiences in the \'70\'s.

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Mr Buddha you are a brat. And you missed out on a good time in the \'70\'s. Poor you!

90\'s all the way! I was raised watching The Simpsons and playing SNES. Good times :) I used to watch The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross every morning on PBS when I was little. He got me interested in art.

-Matt

hmm, tricky as i grew up with the 80\'s and 90\'s really, 80\'s had the best tv shows, but early 90\'s had the best dance music!! (and sex so probably 90\'s!!)

Originally posted by darklord
    (and sex so probably 90\'s!!)
    oneday you\'ll regret you said that...

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

\'60\'s: we could play baseball in the street until dark. Roamed the neighborhood. Practically lived in trees and treehouses.

\'70\'s: Became an adult in so many ways. Discoved that the girls we used to play baseball and tag with were good for other things. Went from scrawney band geek in high school to college geek to dropout. Hated disco.

80\'s: Finally got my degree, then wife, then first kid. Big hair. Movie special effects become decent.

The 70\'s, because we didn\'t feel a need to lock all our doors and windows at
    night. There was actual socializing with the neighbours, including block parties.
    I was little, but I remember a heck of a lot more good times back then.

The 80\'s... My 80\'s mostly sucked, except for \'85. That was a pretty good year.

The 90\'s were a sad mess of political correctness being countered by Madonna\'s
    \'Express Yourself\' people. The two messages made a horrible mess out of
    everyone born in the early 80\'s.

And dear god, don\'t get me started on this decade.

Originally posted by airhead
    Big hair.
    Now that I have to see lol lol lol
    Photos please :D

(and sex so probably 90\'s!!)
    He\'s totally right. Sex in the 90\'s was good!
    :bouncy:

All my decades have been good so far. There have been high points and low points and it may sound cheesy, but I feel pretty grateful to have enjoyed life so much thus far.

No regrets, not even the time in first grade that everyone found out it was I who stole Andy Douglas\' Star Wars cards and I became the social misfit I am today.

:flip:

if i had to choose a decade it would be this one!

every thing has happened in this decade, i\'ve broken or dislocated more bones than posts on the freak bar, and i have got into mini painting, but unfortunatly i haven\'t left this continent(europe), and i haven\'t had sexlol

Originally posted by mattsterbenz
    90\'s all the way! I was raised watching The Simpsons and playing SNES. Good times :) I used to watch The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross every morning on PBS when I was little. He got me interested in art.

-Matt
    BOB ROSS, YA!!!! I tried painting along with him one time and while he ended up with a \"happy little mountain\" I ended up with a trainwreck of badly mixed swirls of color.

I was 6 when the 80\'s came to a close but I tell you what, my hormones go crazy whenever I see women with crimped hair, pulled into a ponytail held together by a scrunchy, and shirts with a collar so large it sags over the shoulder. Hot stuff! :D I liked the music too.

I liked the music in the early to mid 90\'s. There were some good bands at the time.

90\'s all the way for me. I discovered grunge and heavy metal, which was my social salvation since the girls I was also discovering weren\'t really interested in me. It was also a great time to play RPGs; tons of new games came out (West End Star Wars is still my fave) and a chilling of the whole anti-D&D thing made it possible to get my mom to support my hobby. I discovered miniature painting in the 90\'s as well.

Definitely 80\'s. You can tell by my CD collection!lol

I hate to sound old, but 70s and 80s were great because you could keep your door unlocked, play outside late, and the movies: Flash Gordon, Star Wars, Grease...

Oh yeah, I had more hair then, and none of the bills I have now...