Female Vampire - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Female Vampire

Ah, fantastic. I think that the base colour I started with was far too dark then. I recently got a new ceramic pallette that is a bit like a pizza (only 3\" across) which does a similar thing, though up until now I\'ve never really thinned my paints enough. Thanks for the pointers :)

Pete

Thanks for the close-ups, it\'s great to see the detail that large and get an idea of what you did with the brush. Thanks so much for doing that.

Originally posted by Wren
    Thanks for the close-ups, it\'s great to see the detail that large and get an idea of what you did with the brush. Thanks so much for doing that.
    You\'re welcome!

The technique is pretty simple and easy really. It\'s similar to 2d art, where you merely suggest textures rather than paint everything exact. Bright texture highlights on the lighter fabric areas, very soft (if any) texture highlights in the shadowed areas.

Hope that makes sense! :)

-Matt

Hi folks. Finally got around to fixing the skin on this. I may end up working a bit more on it, if time allows.

Thank you all for the kind words and helpful advise, both here and in PM\'s. It really means a lot and I am very grateful :)

-Matt

the exra shading on the skin realy lifts it mate and adds to the overall dark atmosphere that you have created. :)

i looked at it the first time but only glanced as i hate that mini. you have prooved that you CAN polish shit!! the textures rock, the new skin is brill (especially the gem-light trick) and the sword is fecking ace

That is very nice, it has a real richness and \'gothic\' feel.

You sir, rock.

Originally posted by mattsterbenz
    The technique is pretty simple and easy really. It\'s similar to 2d art, where you merely suggest textures rather than paint everything exact. Bright texture highlights on the lighter fabric areas, very soft (if any) texture highlights in the shadowed areas.

Hope that makes sense! :)
    It does, and I\'ll have to give it a shot soon, looks like it might be a little fun to do, also.

I think your changes to the skin look good, really give it a bit more depth.

Brilliant piece of work Matt.
    Agree the sword is great but for me it\'s the cloth and in particular, the brown, inner part of the dress that\'s sublime.
    Top job!