More Ebay Insanity

Thread: More Ebay Insanity

Default More Ebay Insanity

Received this info as a Canadian seller but will pretty much effect everyone:

There are some key changes on the US site that may impact your listings:

Limits on shipping charges in some categories on eBay.com
    Cheques and money orders no longer allowed on eBay.com
    New seller standards: Minimum of 4.3 on all DSRs to list on eBay.com

Limits on shipping charges in some categories on eBay.com: Starting in October, in Books, Movies & DVDs, Music, and Video Games categories, eBay.com will be enforcing maximum shipping charges.

Cheques and money orders no longer allowed on eBay.com: Beginning in late October, eBay.com will no longer allow cheques or money orders as payment methods on the US site. Only approved payment methods will be allowed.

New seller standards: Minimum 4.3 on all DSRs is required to list on eBay.com: Starting November 1, eBay.com will no longer allow the few sellers who don\'t deliver on basic standards of customer satisfaction to sell on eBay. Sellers will be evaluated on the past 30 days of DSRs. Sellers who\'ve received fewer than 10 DSRs in the past 30 days will be evaluated on their DSRs over the last 12 months.

Sellers with no DSRs will still be allowed to list. This change is being evaluated for eBay.ca and we will provide more communication regarding minimum DSR requirements to sell on eBay\'s Canadian sites in the future.

Way to drive your customers away!

FYI for Canada the shipping limits will be lower then the cost to ship.

I don\'t know about drive customers away.. for me it will sort a lot of the wheat from the chaff...

They are basically stepping up and enforcing minimum service standards which can only be good for ebay as a whole..

minimum postage is also a good idea.. fecks me off when a DVD is listed as £2.99 and postage is £9.99.. I\'m not sure how BIN listings work but I guess ebay are losing out by people doing this and as a customer it just bugs me...

so overall I don\'t see any of this as a bad thing....???

Originally posted by Gilvan Blight

FYI for Canada the shipping limits will be lower then the cost to ship.
    I\'d say it\'s pretty certain that they won\'t be able to go less than actual postage and I\'m sure for DVD\'s and the like they can soon research that....

I\'m happy about them going after the shipping price gougers..the guys who pad their auctions with shipping and HANDLING charges. I can\'t tell you how many times Ive not bought an item cause I know it don\'t cost $12.50 ( just made up a price but useually they are way to high)to send a 1 pound or less item to me in the USA. Get real people.

Ive never taken person checks in my 9 years using eBay and quit taking money orders 2 years ago. Its Pay pal on nothing.

Don\'t give shitty service and you wont get scored low its very easy.

I read this morning they are lowering some of their seller fees in the US, Canada and the UK for starters. I guess all the guys like me who quit listing 20-30 items a month is adding up. eBays bottom line is way down this last 2 quarters.. I wonders why ???

It\'s not minimum postage rates, it\'s Maximum. Aka they will limit what you are allowed to charge for shipping.

The Maximum costs are already below the cost to ship! AKA if I list my item and want it to show and sell to US bidders I have to take a hit in shipping, no matter what.

Originally posted by demonherald
    I\'d say it\'s pretty certain that they won\'t be able to go less than actual postage and I\'m sure for DVD\'s and the like they can soon research that....
    Here\'s an example. It costs me $6-$8 to ship a console video game or a DVD. The max set by eBay is $3 for DVD and $4 for Video games. That would be half of what the actual postage is. Thats just he cost for shipping as well, not the cost of any packaging, etc.

Another change: no more 3rd party payment services or check outs.

My problem with the new rating system is that as a Canadian seller I keep getting bad ratings in Shipping, when I charge exactly what it costs to ship and sometimes less. From here is could very well cost over $12 to ship a one pound item to the States, depending on how big it is. We don\'t have things like Media Mail, or flat rate shipping for set sized items, etc.

there is supposedly already rules on postage, i think sellers are not allowed to charge more than 30% of the goods value for postage but like most things ebay turns a blind eye

Originally posted by demonherald
    I don\'t know about drive customers away.. for me it will sort a lot of the wheat from the chaff...

They are basically stepping up and enforcing minimum service standards which can only be good for ebay as a whole..

minimum postage is also a good idea.. fecks me off when a DVD is listed as £2.99 and postage is £9.99.. I\'m not sure how BIN listings work but I guess ebay are losing out by people doing this and as a customer it just bugs me...

so overall I don\'t see any of this as a bad thing....???
    aye, seconded. although as mentioned, its a bit crap if this postage thing is as claimed

Yeah, I\'ve been less and less happy with eBay, but the amount of \"eye traffic\" is just too hard to give up. I think maybe I\'ll just bitz out battleforces there on auction to get the traffic and hopefully some % will land on my real store.