6 pack!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 pack!!

Actually our Doulah for Gwen\'s birth was a Female Body Builder. Seeing her in street clothes and sitting chatting with her you would never know it. Sure she looked bigger then most women but more like athletic and fit. In most pics of Body Builders they are at a competition with their bodies all tenssed, flexed and cut for the show. When I did finally see some show pics of our Doula I could hardly belive it was her.

Originally posted by supervike
    Originally posted by War Griffon
    [It could be worse the female body builders look grotesque when they are cut.
    Oh, so you are trying to tell me that

THIS

is grotesque?

Yes its grotesque it just isn\'t natural for a woman to be like that.
    Body sculpting fine but in that photo she has gone too far in my opinion.
    Would you want to cuddle up with her???

THIS

is grotesque?

you think she\'d let us have a choice?

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Wren
    That top guy abs in freak\'s post looks pretty mutant to me. If I saw a sculpt like that I\'d think it was poorly done anatomy!
    Most body builders when they go in for competitions are right down to about 10% body fat and when they are cut like that thats what they are going to look like.

It could be worse the female body builders look grotesque when they are cut.
    BB\'ers will cut much much further than 10%, more like 4-6%. They utilise water retention diets leading up to the show by balanced water intake and sodium balance. Then pre show will take some simple sugars, alcohol etc to bring out their vascularity. I\'m around 10% right now but look nothing compared to what a BBer will look like on stage. Getting in contest shape is freakin hard though. If you get it right your skin looks like a thin layer of paper over your frame.

I doubt Phelp\'s is 2%. If he was 2%, you\'d be able to see his pancreas secreting insulin!

Originally posted by falela
    Just saw this photo of Phelps. Look at the abs, are those alignment normal, they look like stretcher brick wall!
    Whether the tendinous inscriptions of the rectus abdominus are symmetrical or offset is completely genetic. I don\'t have a percentage for you, but asymmetry isn\'t too uncommon. And no, it isn\'t something that can be changed in any way through special exercises as someone else suggested. There are quite a few bodybuilders with offsets.

Originally posted by Prophet
    Just saw this photo of Phelps. Look at the abs, are those alignment normal, they look like stretcher brick wall!
    Whether the tendinous inscriptions of the rectus abdominus are symmetrical or offset is completely genetic. I don\'t have a percentage for you, but asymmetry isn\'t too uncommon. And no, it isn\'t something that can be changed in any way through special exercises as someone else suggested. There are quite a few bodybuilders with offsets.
    But we don\'t see any sculpt with the asymmetric abs. :rolleyes: (most people probably treat it as bad anatomy)

Originally posted by Arma
    Then pre show will take some simple sugars, alcohol etc to bring out their vascularity.
    If you get it right your skin looks like a thin layer of paper over your frame.
    So getting all the veins poking out is part of the competition goal, not just a side effect of all the muscles? I have to admit that I don\'t find the extreme muscle look with all the veins and so on attractive for either men or women, but if we didn\'t all have different tastes it\'d be a boring world indeed.

You\'re right Wren. Thats more of my taste, best 6 pack ever:

:beer: :beer: :beer: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

And they are even perfectly symmetrical!

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Wren
    Then pre show will take some simple sugars, alcohol etc to bring out their vascularity.
    If you get it right your skin looks like a thin layer of paper over your frame.
    So getting all the veins poking out is part of the competition goal, not just a side effect of all the muscles? I have to admit that I don\'t find the extreme muscle look with all the veins and so on attractive for either men or women, but if we didn\'t all have different tastes it\'d be a boring world indeed.
    Some people are vascular some aren\'t really. Generally the leaner you get the more pronounced veins become. They get \'thicker\' with health in general too.

I don\'t really consider them a side effect, since way back when I was around what, 260lbs, and managed to cut back to 150 or so - the veins came as a result so I was quite proud to see them.

It\'s hard to describe how a BBer thinks. It\'s just a constant battle for size vs the iron and nutrition... I\'m sure that sounds very strange but to me, it\'s a great hobby and helps me stay in shape and beyond! (I hope)

THIS

is grotesque?

Er...as the above lady is dripping with testosterone, my comments were dripping with sarcasm.

I do agree...there are female body builders that are just toned and amazing looking.

But the Conan look really only works for men! IMHO!

Jim @ I\'ve got used to you lol and guessed you were only baiting me :) hence the would you want to cuddle that comment :D

Arma @ The bit I always struggled with was the diets, I can take the powders and protein mixes no worries but the raw eggs etc :possessed:

I never did get to the veins sticking out part even with intensive training but then I have to admit I wasn\'t going for competitions or anything like that, more to keep fit than anything else.

Whether the tendinous inscriptions of the rectus abdominus are symmetrical or offset is completely genetic. I don\'t have a percentage for you, but asymmetry isn\'t too uncommon.
    I thought it was to do with asymmetrical training early on? Can\'t be certain but I thought it was always higher on the right side than on the left for righties, higher on the left for lefties. Mine are like this and I was very guilty of doing more curls on the right when I was younger.

Einion

sadly phelps did not win the european fecal standards and measures gold, when he managed to crap a piece of poo 250.3 curics, just 3 curics from the world record.

lololololololololololol

[/quote]

I don\'t really consider them a side effect, since way back when I was around what, 260lbs, and managed to cut back to 150 or so - the veins came as a result so I was quite proud to see them.

It\'s hard to describe how a BBer thinks. It\'s just a constant battle for size vs the iron and nutrition... I\'m sure that sounds very strange but to me, it\'s a great hobby and helps me stay in shape and beyond! (I hope)
    Going from 260 to 150 is very impressive, congrats! I think I can sort of see what you mean about it being a hobby and a way of thinking. The discipline it must take is very impressive for me. Even more so for the ladies, who are seriously fighting biology.

But we don\'t see any sculpt with the asymmetric abs. :rolleyes: (most people probably treat it as bad anatomy)
    Peception is often more important than accuracy.:D
    Here are some shots from last year\'s Mr. Olympia:
    http://www.ifbbpro.com/from-the-office-of-the-president/24-hours/

Jay Cutler, who has won it the last two years, has asymmetrical abs, as do several of the other competitors.

Blog Entries

Prophet:

You like Olympia? :D I\'ve got to say I want to see an outsider take it. Jay didn\'t deserve it last year since Denis Wolf and Victor Martinez came in much better shape. I love Dexter Jackson and Dave Henry; their conditioning is always bang on.

Jonny Jackson for competeing is power lifting, then a bb show. That\'s dedication!

I used to follow bodybuilding about 10 years ago, back when Coleman had just started his run and Cutler was just a young pup. I check in every now and again, but haven\'t followed it closely in the last few years. Most of the names I know have retired by now. From the coverage, I thought Martinez looked a little better than Cutler too.