What\'s up with only having one wing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What\'s up with only having one wing?

Default What\'s up with only having one wing?

I just checked out the new GW winged vampire model. I quickly realised it only had one wing, which struck me as pretty odd.

I mean, why lose a potential shield arm just so you can have a wing? How does that help in combat? Without two wings there will be no flying either..

Am I missing something essential here?

I\'m confused..

(I borrowed Astonia\'s amazing version of the model to demonstrate)

i think the point is that hes changing. from the posn of his leg, he\'s about to launch himself off that rock and grow another wing pretty sharpish (or he\'ll be flying in a circle!!)

That is a good explanation although he also better get his sword put away quickly but with no scabbard to pt it in it\'ll probably just be lobbed.. turn up on ebay in a few months sell for pennies but eventually be priceless unless he has come back to claim it in the first place. killing all your friends and family in the pursuit of finding his sacred relic weapon........

There is always the simpler explanation...

This model is SHITE..........

Vampire Hero\'s only get 50pts of vampire powers, and its 50pts per wing.

So only Lords get two.

Vampire Hero\'s only get 50pts of vampire powers, and its 50pts per wing. So only Lords get two.
    I haven\'t yet read the new vampire counts codex, so I don\'t know if you are being sarcastic or not.

I sincerely hope so though, or GW\'s sculpting staff has lost my respect. :)

The laws of physics must be upheld! :cussing:

Never mind the one wing, how the bloody hell is he going to fly with all that plate mail? ???

Originally posted by Kaine

So only Lords get two.
    lol

Originally posted by Yramrag
    Never mind the one wing, how the bloody hell is he going to fly with all that plate mail? ???
    that falls off when he turns into a abt. of course there is always that awkward moment in the middle of battle when he transforms back and everyone has to look away while he makes himself decent!

The laws of physics must be upheld!
    Like a blood sucking immortal who turns into a bat... :D

Actually the armor is made of a very special lightweight and abundant material in the realms of the VC: Guano!

Looks like someone stabbed him with a spinal column too.

The wing puzzles me but not nearly as much as the spinal column piece???/

I believe his lift-to-weight ratio is equally proportional to that of an african swallow carrying a hollow coconut shell. It might sound like an impossibility, but it clearly happens from time to time.

In terms of the laws of physics, they simply don\'t apply in science-fiction or fantasy.

Originally posted by demonherald
    The wing puzzles me but not nearly as much as the spinal column piece???/
    yeah that has always bothered me
    Originally posted by BarstoolProphet
    I believe his lift-to-weight ratio is equally proportional to that of an african swallow carrying a hollow coconut shell. It might sound like an impossibility, but it clearly happens from time to time.
    lol

your all wrong, its not a wing at all, he\'s a genetically modified portable fan

Originally posted by Kaine

So only Lords get two.
    That\'s the funniest thing I\'ve read all day. I will wait in great anticipation until somebody asks that same question at the GW store and I can give them this answer. Ha! I\'m stealing your joke and there\'s nothing you can do about it!

Actually it\'s just dawn/dusk on the battlefield and he\'s using the wing for shade. yeah that\'s the ticket.

I take it you\'ve never seen Batfink then? His wing is like a shield of steel!

Now I just need to convert up a dreg with huge sleeves to be Karate lol

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Undave
    I take it you\'ve never seen Batfink then? His wing is like a shield of steel!

Now I just need to convert up a dreg with huge sleeves to be Karate lol
    Bollocks! that was my explaination lol
    Nice to see some batfink admiration on the forums. If you\'re too young to remember you missed out. Poor you :(

It aslo occurred to me, too. I don\'t know why I didn\'t mention it when I thought about it.