What\'s up with only having one wing? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What\'s up with only having one wing?

Blog Entries

It always looked odd to me too, and yet also kinda striking. But wow - that paintjob is AMAZINGLY nice.

i like the model...

here are my explanations...

since his wing is so large, his bat-familiar can simply support him while this wing does the real work

his wing actually summons hundreds of tiny bats that carry him across the battlefield, like a flying carpet.

his wing shrinks, and he grows another wing in proportion with it, whilst keeping his sword hand

magic

my views

rosac

If he\'s broadcasting to that many bats, then the spinal column must be some kind of telepathic antenna.

Nice paint, weird mini.

Originally posted by rosac
    i like the model...

here are my explanations...

since his wing is so large, his bat-familiar can simply support him while this wing does the real work

his wing actually summons hundreds of tiny bats that carry him across the battlefield, like a flying carpet.

his wing shrinks, and he grows another wing in proportion with it, whilst keeping his sword hand

magic

my views

rosac
    good god man, what are you on.

you probably cried when tom kirby stepped down.

the figure is utter todge.

the paintjob is bloody fantastic, old school style at it\'s finest.

yeah I forgot to say the paint is stunning , hopefully this thread isn\'t seen as an attack on that.....

I had a thought , he was attacked by a Predator.. mid way through being attacked he flared his big wing.... It should actually be painted with a large eye pattern on it... the left wing didn\'t open because the predator was sat on it.... startled by the sudden appearance of the large eye the predator fled halfway through removing the spinal column... The vamp then poceeded to fold his wing back up but had damaged a muscle , before he had a chance to fold it back and ease the muscle distress the pesky empire soldiers of middenheim turned up and he had to ush out to battle looking a total gimboid...

..channeling the spirit of Bill for a moment...

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

Originally posted by hakoMike

..channeling the spirit of Bill for a moment...
    :rolleyes: but Bill would of told us what kind of crab it is.....close your eyes and channel a little harder:Plol

Blog Entries

Good call, it\'s a mating display for sure! Those Lahmians are worth all the effort, they\'ll suck you dry as a Khemri desert in a heartbeat. No doubt about it ;) lol

If you want him to have a shield then just pay the points and slap a shield on his back... problem solved.

i\'m waiting for next month, as that release will be even harder :D

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

OK, the real reason is that the price of tin went up again. A second wing would have pushed this mini into the next price bracket. Add that with the looming price increase and this mini (with two wings) would cost double a standard single figure with roughly the same point value.

Now we all know that minis are purchased on a points per dollar (points per pound, points per euro, etc.) basis. If his ppd index was half that of any other leader, he would sit there on the shelves and be a \'non-seller\'. We know what happens to \'non-seller armies - don\'t we? (snotling players?)

(or I could just be so full of it that my eyes are brown lol )