pre-event nightmares? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pre-event nightmares?

Like many, I have had that dream where I arrive too late to turn in my minis. Along these lines I have had dreams where I went to the wrong convention center. I had a dream where I got lost on the drive to the right convention center. I had a dream where the competition was a week past and I just remembered that I forgot to go. I had a dream THE MORNING OF the competition that I woke up and it was past the dead line... when I actually woke up I freaked out and checked the clock, it was only 7:30am.

Ok, you\'re all messed up in the head as much as me, thank god I\'m not alone :-)

btw... what IS the deadline to get entries in for GD?! Is it 12:00 noon or 1:00pm or so?

No, seriously!

Ben

Originally posted by rocketandroll
    Ok, you\'re all messed up in the head as much as me, thank god I\'m not alone :-)

btw... what IS the deadline to get entries in for GD?! Is it 12:00 noon or 1:00pm or so?

No, seriously!

Ben
    Oh I could give Such a Cynical answer.............lol
    However aim for 11:30 and you won\'t be far wrong.

they pushed the deadline back this year due to so many entries, 2pm cut off time now

My dreams have a recurring theme all year round,sadly there is always lots of blood flowing and folks dying. My wife reckons I ought to see someone about it !

GOD bless .............VINCENTI

I wasn\'t having any nightmares before reading this thread . . . .

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Originally posted by Aliengod3
    ...I have had dreams where I went to the wrong convention center...
    We had a guy show up here once looking for some dentist convention. Seems he booked his flight to the wrong Orange County - ended up in FL and wanted to be in Cali.
    lol

No, never had one. I do have dreams about a tall man in a colourfull patchwork coat and has the head of a moth, who gives me ideas for the interior design project were doing in Art:wow:

Squig

So you\'re not get any nightmares about hammers and fingers then?

- Forgetting miniatures
    -Not having entries done

More that I\'ve forgotten over multiple sessions with my psychiatrist.

Well, had an all new one last night where I had managed to get the entries in but then they were all beaten by dipped models and no one but me seemed to care! :-)

I think I\'m gonna need to take all this stuff less seriously next year.

Or seek professional help.

Ben

I mostly have positive dreams actually. Related to me seeing a lot of great and cool miniatures. Not seldom new ones that can move...lol I seldom dream that I either win or loose. The only negative one I can remember is that I went to the wrong place. But it was a beer tavern so it was alright.

i dont have such dreams. maybe because i don\'t take competitions about painting pewter lumps too seriously :o

i had loads of bizarre nightmares about painting minis coming up to Conflict Scotland. i got really worked up and stressed about it then was really knocked back when i didnt get bronze by a single vote.
    Ive learned my lesson since then and im not stressing out as much about it. i know i havent got a chance of winning lol.
    the only thing that is slightly worrying me is the journey there so doubtless ill be dreaming about that...its an overnight bus journey and i have to get to the games workshop on time as well when ill be photographing at a medieval re-enactment event all day beforehand.
    the only other nightmare will be finishing my regiment in time as well as a demon sculpt for a different contest and doing my uni project.

Originally posted by Trovarion
    i dont have such dreams. maybe because i don\'t take competitions about painting pewter lumps too seriously :o
    Well try entering competitions were you actually paint miniatures then! :)

Originally posted by Queenoftheunifrogs
    i had loads of bizarre nightmares about painting minis coming up to Conflict Scotland. i got really worked up and stressed about it then was really knocked back when i didnt get bronze by a single vote.
    Ive learned my lesson since then and im not stressing out as much about it. i know i havent got a chance of winning lol.
    the only thing that is slightly worrying me is the journey there so doubtless ill be dreaming about that...its an overnight bus journey and i have to get to the games workshop on time as well when ill be photographing at a medieval re-enactment event all day beforehand.
    the only other nightmare will be finishing my regiment in time as well as a demon sculpt for a different contest and doing my uni project.
    You have to remember that with shows/comps like Conflict it is not a true competition because it is little Jonny and Jimmy that put the votes on your entry as well as there grubby mits and if it is something they are not a fanboy of then it won\'t get a vote regardless of how well it is painted.

Originally posted by rocketandroll
    Well, had an all new one last night where I had managed to get the entries in but then they were all beaten by dipped models and no one but me seemed to care! :-)
    That actually happened to me at a competition in Leister (frickin hard to spell, i know its wrong).

Alex

Orginal gepostet von Avelorn

Well try entering competitions were you actually paint miniatures then! :)
    my point was that it\'s a hobby. it\'s not curing cancer or anything more or less meaningfull. :P

The simple fact that you may have put 40-50 hours into something combined with a bit of stress to finish it in time can easily make your dreams a bit twisted, regardless of how seriously you may take things.

I was having nightmare up until the point that i finished my entries and since then i have been sleeping like a baby!