pre-event nightmares?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pre-event nightmares?

Default pre-event nightmares?

Ok, maybe it\'s just me and my damaged mind... but does anyone else have dreams about painting in the lead-up to events and competitions?

The last few GD\'s I\'ve had recurring dreams in the weeks leading up to the event where I suddenly realise on the day of the event that I haven\'t finished any of my entries, or an entry I thought was finished is suddenly just greenstuff again?

I spoke to a fellow painter in a GD store the other day and he admitted he\'d had similar dreams, though in his he finished his entry the day of the event and suddenly realised he\'d painted a mini up as spiderman and so he couldn\'t enter it in GD :-)

I think his wins for wierdness, but I wondered if anyone else had suffered from pre-comp nightmares like this as well?

Just interested.

Ben

sg2009

:o lol i have its usually i have forgtten to take it with me or i drop it and it smashes the day before lol

:o freaky :o

Can\'t say I have, but that might have to do with not sleeping much as I sit up painting instead to finish the entries. lol

i picked up my entrie the day before gd 2000,the whole thing slid off its base the smashed to bits i just stood there gobsmaked.
    dint have time to fix it. it was a version of leman russ 4ok large entered it the nextt year n got bronze.but allways left me wondering if it would have placed higher the year before lol

I have dreams where it gets put on the top shelf with 3 other minis then it gets taken down. Also i have dreams where i hand the mini over then the judge drops it :o

Alex

just rememberd my other dissasters lol.
    in 2000 i droped my enterie at the check in desk!took me 45 mins of pure stress to get the wings back on! took glod in fantasy monster(phew)and in 2001 the judged picked up my diaorama by grabing a mini on it it broke u should off seen my face lol but again got it together and took gold.in 2002 the last time i entered nothing broke dint win anything its a sign i tellz ya lol

Trust me, you are SO not the only one. I imagine the more competitive you are the more likely it is.

Einion

to leave it at home or smash it would mean that i would actually have to finish an entry!!

Originally posted by bodiscool
    i picked up my entrie the day before gd 2000,the whole thing slid off its base the smashed to bits i just stood there gobsmaked.
    dint have time to fix it. it was a version of leman russ 4ok large entered it the nextt year n got bronze.but allways left me wondering if it would have placed higher the year before lol

I remember that ... IMHO i would have taken Gold the year before but hey ho... I also remember everyone else being devastated while you were kind of .. Oh well shit happens....

whenever I\'m working on any large project and a deadline is approacing I have those strange dreams .. I guess it\'s only natural when something takes up your every waking moment that it als takes your sleep...

i was like a swan on the water mate looked ok on the surface but i was gutted lol

I\'m hoping not to have those dreams. But my anxiety usually kicks in before any deadline.
    I\'ve always had deadline nightmares since I was at school. Nowadays they are work related.
    I haven\'t had a painting one yet but as I tend to drift off thinking about colour combinations I don\'t think it\'s far away.
    Hopefully I\'m getting more relaxed, or I just know my painting isn\'t worth getting riled up about.

I really hope nothing happens on the day..you\'ve got me worrying now!

Yep Been having the \"Get to Gamesday and forgot my models dream\"
    <Shudders>

I\'ve had the \"crumble in your hands\" one sometimes. I\'ve also had persistent fears of getting in a car wreck with my models in the car.... funny where my priorities are. lol

just work right through the night before the event.
    no sleep= no bad dreams :D

ive had a dream about winning the sword then dropping it and cutting the guy who presents its foot clean off lol

i had a dream i was at gencon the day before i went and i beat up my hardest competitor because he was a butthead. and i won the contest. twas a good dream. :D

Sounds like a quick pint (or two) before bedtime may be in order. Or at least lay off the sodas the night before :D

Yep i have had them this year. Dreams about my car breaking down on the way to birmingham! Then not having any of my entries finished!

Just shows how much we care about GD.

I dream that I wake up as a short, fat moaning guy on the day of the event.

its scary how ridiculous dreams can be.

:D

Originally posted by Talonicus
    I dream that I wake up as a short, fat moaning guy on the day of the event.

its scary how ridiculous dreams can be.

:D
    lol

last gd i had a dream that i was too late and had hung around looking at stuff and i couldn\'t enter, and then threw the entry across games day, killing alot of people on the way, then i woke up!