Goblin w.i.p

Thread: Goblin w.i.p

sg2009

Default Goblin w.i.p

hey guys i havent got long till golden demon :o and i have only just started my entry ( i dont know why i am bothering atm lol ) but still... i\'m going to enter Fantasy Single Miniature, and my entry is......wait for it....... A NIGHT GOBLIN :D

here he is ready to get primed as soon as i take off mould lines :)

atm you cant give feedback really on the painting lol but can you give me feedback on the base. is there anything i should maybe add to it or take away ???

the colour scheme is mainly going to be cold colours blue, greys, and white.

any feedback comments are highly appreciated

thanks

sam

Maybe a little bit of sand in the cracks?

Originally posted by Necroghast

Most people hate it when they get sand in the crack.

for me the slant of the goblin plus the rocks leading off the base on that side make it look a little off balance. personally i would add maybe just one or two more rocks on the opposite side on the plinth to balance it a little

Originally posted by Kaine
    Originally posted by Necroghast

Most people hate it when they get sand in the crack.
    Thats odd, I like sand in cracks. Rock cracks that is.:redface:

I\'m a relative unknown here, and I don\'t even have a proper portfolio yet, so if I seem presumptuous here forgive me, but I did notice one thing about this composition:

The rocks down the side seem to say to me, \"The spear wants to follow our line!\"

Originally posted by Pelorat

The rocks down the side seem to say to me, \"The spear wants to follow our line!\"
    Pelorat has a point. With most figures there is a definite \"Eye Track\" that makes the pose work. That is the track that the viewers eye will follow.
    The pose you have has a definite \"Eye Track\" to me and that is down from the tip of the spear over to the foot and then down the stones.
    Following that track seems to bypass the main body of the figure.
    So personally I\'d be tempted to re-orientate the figure so that the lower stones are at it\'s feet and it seems to be either encouraging others up, or about to charge down.

I like the base idea,whack some paint on & post again,and for goodness sake hurry up !:D

GOD bless .............VINCENTI

Originally posted by vincenti
    I like the base idea,whack some paint on & post again,and for goodness sake hurry up !:D

GOD bless .............VINCENTI
    He\'s got nine days yet.
    Time for a couple of figures.

The base looks cool indeed. I\'d also like to mention that some sand should be tossed in the crevices (and not \"cracks\") :D

Good luck and hope you finish him on time.

-Matt

sg2009

CRAP ! i have just noticed its the wrong goblin on the base its meant to be the one holding back the squig lol but thanks for all the advice atm i have added sand and a couple of mushrooms :-) i will post pics soon.... can anyone give me any tips on what the colour scheme should be because i not sure if my original idea would look good ???

thanks

sam

i think a dark purple with bleached bone faded checks allong the hood looks good...at least mine did :P
    -tim

get a wriggle on Sam...:beer:
    no room to talk just started a deadnought on Monday... I have myself nailed down as finished build by tomorrow or the bugger ain\'t gonna get done....

donga666

(sound of whip crack)

Paint damn you!!!!

Whip crack hurts more than sand crack...

sg2009

Default Goblin w.i.p

hey guys

well as lots of you can guess i didnt come anywhere close to finishing the goblin in time for gd :D well anyway i decided to start painting him, so far i have done another simpler base, and finished his skin, this is my first real try at zenthinal lighting as well

so here he is ...

so tell me what you think :)

thanks

sam

Looks pretty sweet, but..mask off that base before you get stuff on there!!!!!

I\'m pretty sure thats deliberate...

Remember, sarcasm doesn\'t work on the internet lol

looks cool, but you picture are too dark(or i was slumping in my chair)...:rolleyes:

Definate slumpage...

sg2009

Originally posted by nick232
    looks cool, but you picture are too dark(or i was slumping in my chair)...:rolleyes:

lol ye probably slumpage but they appear ok on my screen.

@ recoil the blood stain was deliberate, if thats what you mean, but thanks anyway

sam