Automaton\'s (sebastian\'s) new little mini line
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automaton\'s (sebastian\'s) new little mini line

Default Automaton\'s (sebastian\'s) new little mini line

Hello everyone,

I would just like to announce that my own little line of figures has now been released. So far I have 5 figures sculpted this year, that have been cast and are for sale through an online store on my site.

Here is the shop: Guild of Harmony Shop

Remember to take advantage of the free shipping bonus for larger orders! :)

I am working on more miniatures at the moment, so I there should be some more ready for release in a month or two.

Thanks to everyone for the great support you have shown me on this site - it has been a real honour for me to take part in this place, CMON. :D

Here are some pics of the figures I have for sale in my shop. You can see larger images and more angles if you go to the store, and click on the images.

[/quote]

And here is the Shop again: Guild of Harmony Shop

Thanks friends,

-sebastian

Hi Seb! It\'s good to see the painted versions of some of these minis, especially the sorceress. They are all brilliant sculpts and maintain a sense of detail despite being cast in pewter, which is harder to find with most other 28mm companies. I would know -- as well as having a hoard of minis from other companies, I have two gems from Seb\'s line being the dark elf witch and the \'big dumb beast\'. The only way he could improve the line is to get better names for the figures lol of course I kid... but please support Seb and his burgeoning company! Looking forward to more minis from you man! :)

I would love to purchase a fig for painting, but at 10.40 for shipping 1 figure...fuck that noise. You just lost a customer.

Well I\'m afraid it\'s a problem due to sending things from australia. The shipping is calculated absolutely at cost for p&p - no extra handling fees or anything, it\'s what I have to pay at the post office. Take a look here if you want to see for yourself, at the Australia Post site: http://www1.auspost.com.au/pac/int_parcel.asp The extra $1.40 is the cost of the packaging materials. I\'m looking for ways to lower this cost at the moment, but the base post cost of $8.80 to USA from OZ is unavoidable.

On the plus side though, you might have noticed that it\'s a flat shipping rate - so AUD$10.20 to the US for 1 figure, yes, but also for 5 figures, or 10 figures....in actual fact, for 9 figures or more to USA the shipping would be FREE, because it would have crossed the price threshold for the free shipping option.

So there isn\'t much I can do about it I\'m afraid...if I was to lower the shipping cost for a single figure, then I would make no money at all from the sale - and probably lose money.

Yeah, unfortunately, AusPost is pretty expensive to ship with. However, with the strengthening US dollar, and the weakening Australian dollar, it\'s beginning to look better for our friends on the other side of the world.

yes exactly! Make sure you remember all the prices are in AUD$, not US$....so it\'s a bit cheaper than it looks.

And good news - I went for a search around today and found some much cheaper packaging stuff, buying in bulk - so I\'ve been able to cut the packing cost in half - from $1.40 to 70c. So now the international shipping cost = base cost price of standard airmail postage, + 70c.

???I don\'t remember posing for the blacksmith figure. ???

OK I\'m Impressed with them, but mostly the Sinister Jeter, who has a really \"Creepy\" look to him.
    Looks like my resolve to hold off on pewter for a little while might not last.

You know these really talented people are annoying.lol

At today\'s exchange rate it\'s about USD8.40 for all but one of the miniatures and under USD8.00 for postage regardless of how many miniatures you buy... I don\'t see how that\'s even vaguely expensive.

Good luck with it all Seb.

They are very nice and Liz pointed out to me you\'re releasing the skaven at some point, and as a Skaven fan, I can\'t wait!

jan.kCMM

Very nice work, especially the lady and necro guy.

Very nice, these are definitely sculpted to the best standard. I think the blacksmith is the best, simply because it\'s a less common subject with a lot of character. But that Fool... not to sound cliche\'d but he\'s like a medieval Joker:)

id just like to say congrats seb for getting ur mini line off the ground, i know it probably wasnt all that easy and it involved alot of work but they look great and am sure it will be all worth while!

just a quick suggestion, paint all of the minis, nothin will sell ur minis better than one of ur paintjobs!

Dark

Thanks very much for the nice comments guys, it means a lot :) It\'s pretty exciting for me - I\'ve never done anything like this before, so it\'s a lot of fun to give it a go and see what happens.

There will definately be more minis released this year, and I\'m trying hard to improve my sculpting - so hopefully the quality will get better and better as I go, as I learn more about what on earth I\'m doing! :duh: haha

Roger bunting - I\'m afraid that\'s a rumour hehe, no idea how it got started but someone else asked me about it as well....it can\'t be true, for three big reasons: first, the skaven green is painted of course, so it\'s far too late for casting I\'m afraid, if I want to preserve the paint work! Second, I think the shapes and pieces of the mini would make it very difficult to cast, if not impossible...it\'s very 3D and a caster\'s nightmare I think hehe. But most importantly - it\'s a very GW-centric mini, based on a GW artwork, and a winner at UK GD....so that absolutely rules out any potential profit to me of course! haha :D

Anyway, to be serious though, if tehre is popular demind I might consider making another, similar figure to the skaven....but there is certainly nothing in the works right now.

Darkmessiah - yeah I know I know, I\'ll get around to the painting eventually, don\'t worry!

jan.kCMM

I wonder about the height of your pieces, this info seems omited on your site.

I\'m pretty sure that the height is listed next to each pice in the shop, in the descriptions, underneath the name of the figure. 30mm, 33mm and so on.

But I do have some size comparison photos, that I took for someone else who had a question about the size; so I\'ll post these here.

First a photo of the sorceress next to some GW elves, and a rackham mini.

Then a pic of all 5 figures, on common, well known base sizes and types. So from left to right we have: 25mm square GW base, 25mm round GW base, 40mm round GW base, 20mm square GW base, and 30mm round \'tyre\' style base.

very nice pieces, i really like the jester, guess i may to have to start saving!

Originally posted by No Such Agency
    not to sound cliche\'d but he\'s like a medieval Joker:)
    And that\'s the colour scheme I\'ve half planned. :D

yeah I definately want that jester mini in the near future. Now all I need is some cash :beer:

Beautiful sculpts, I like them all, good luck with your project

Oh well, I thought it looked familiar and I remembererd you did one for GD (it\'s in my favourites). I\'ll have to make do with some of the other minis you\'ve done then. I did wonder as it used the name Skaven.

EDIT: It was because the sculpt is in the gallery with all the other conversions and sculpts. I\'m going to nhave a word with Liz for telling me about it.