Free Ork From WD 345
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Ork From WD 345

Default Free Ork From WD 345

I took a bit of a break from Kordius, today I bought this months White Dwarf magazine and of course the two free minis were on the front and I couldn\'t resist starting the Ork so here is the first WIP shots of the plastic Ork boy from Assault on Black Reach.

Lovely mini in my opinion far better than any previous plastics that come with the games.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

not a fan of the 40k, but the orc is looking good.

Really nice skin - though it looks quite bright on this screen :)

Thanks for the replies I do like nice bright Ork skin so much so that I have gone for a nice bright blue warpaint on the face this Ork is from the Death Skull tribe \"da best lootas in da ooniverse\" if you read the Waaarrrghhh the Orks sourdce book. Here are some more WIP shots yes I know the arm colours don\'t quite match at the moment that\'ll teach me not to stop for a couple of days off between bits but hopefully I\'ll sort that out by the time the mini is finished,

I\'m not sold on the purple lip either I\'ll probably change that for a dark green one but we will see what it looks like when it comes together.

DIablofollower

That is looking great. I am not a big fan of the purple lip either but as you said, wait and see how it comes together. What colors are you using for the green?

Wow, really nice.
    Bright colors, smooth transitions. Good job.
    :D

Thanks guys for the green I am basically usng Catachan Green, Cammo Green and a little Bleached Bone.

Maybe you could change the purple on the lip to a meaty looking red instead?

Message original : tidoco2222
    I\'m not sold on the purple lip either I\'ll probably change that for a dark green one but we will see what it looks like when it comes together.
    I think the idea of purple lips can work, but, as is, it seems a bit too saturated. Applying a thin green glaze to tie it in with the skin could keep the purple without completely replacing it with green.

Thanks guys, I want to give this ork a feel of being a loota after all he is a Deff Skull, so I have painted the armour plating as a miss match of different SM bitz, so far two pieces are Blood Angel and one piece is Imperial Fist though you can\'t quite see the logo as it is under his chin, I am going to weather them a bit more but they are near enough done which leaves me two pieces left to do which I will probably go for Space Wolf Grey,

The photo has washed out the final highlight on the pants also the angle it has been taken from doesn\'t help either as the mini is going to be viewed more from above when complete.

Holy sheet!

Thats fantastic Tim!

Looking fantastic squire.

I like the purple lip. Maybe have a look when it\'s finished and decide whether or not it works.

Thank you fellas, got a little more done today and overall I am quite pleased with how it is turning out. Since I took this photo however I have redone the head of the stikk bomb,

Coming along nicely now I should hoopefully have it done by the end of the week.

sg2009

:o stunning work looking forward to seeing it finished

sam

Thanks mate got a little more done to him again this last few days.

I have a little more weathering work to do on the slugga ammo clip and some more little areas to do but he is getting close to being done now.

looking real good so far, can i have the recipe for the blue warpaint and then the green skin too thanks

I think it looks awesome! The skin is amazing, what did you use for it?

Blog Entries

Looks really good, but it\'s still pretty clean for a big bad Ork boss :D Looking forward to the update.

Blog Entries

Man, your minis are always so solid looking.

Did you paint any more of the Ilyad stuff I sold ya a while back, Tim?