Spore: pc game thoughts and what not. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spore: pc game thoughts and what not.

I was kind of hyped up to get this until the other day when my husband was reading reviews on Amazon about how annoying the copy protection is.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Wren
    I was kind of hyped up to get this until the other day when my husband was reading reviews on Amazon about how annoying the copy protection is.
    Since the copy I am playing has the copy protection circumvented I would probably disagree. It isn\'t great; I\'m glad I didn\'t spend $50 on it. It\'s an ok game and I wouldn\'t be upset with paying $25-30 on it but it ends up being a lot of the same stuff. You advance by either allying with your neighbors our eating them. Which, I am finding, is quickly becoming redundant. Perhaps with a little more reading of the instructions it will be less simple seeming. I\'m only about 3 hours into to it too.

I need to concur with Shamus from twentysided.com in staying away from this game. I might have looked into it, but EA\'s massively §^%&ed up DRM just drives me away.
    Punishing paying customers in order to \"prevent piracy\" is never a smart move, especially when there are already pirated versions available...:rolleyes:

I have not had a chance to play it yet but I have downloaded the creature creator. I have not played it yet either.

What got me interested in it was seeing a creature that was created that looked like the Predator. I want to see if I can make an Obama or Palin or Maguay.