gw rant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gw rant

Default gw rant

yeah i know we beat it with a dead horse...... a LOT!!!!

but dang man....the codexes are all going up to $30. thats just ridiculous. i understand the metal and what not.... thats simple math. but when did paper cost so much for a 144 page book? seriously.

sorry i am just ticked.

You\'ve got several factors affecting the price, not just the cost of paper. You have printing and transport, for instance. I\'ve heard that prices on printed material has gone up, so it\'s nothing GW has invented.

i totally understand that as well. but a $8 raise in price is .....well. ...... just too much. i can understand $25. but $30 is just too high.

i think its time to just borrow the books from friends or even copy them or download them from online.

wait i didnt say that...... GW lawyers are beating down my door. Noooooooooooo!!!!!!

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

Originally posted by uberdark
    i totally understand that as well. but a $8 raise in price is .....well. ...... just too much. i can understand $25. but $30 is just too high.

i think its time to just borrow the books from friends or even copy them or download them from online.

wait i didnt say that...... GW lawyers are beating down my door. Noooooooooooo!!!!!!
    :cool:wear that black flat brim hat, tuck a muskrat under your chin....... lawyers never bother Amish

No need to apologize, i can understand every play and painter who is frustrated by theri policy.

30 bucks for one codex ???

i just payd 32 euro for new warmachine book , in the us it´s about 35 bucks and that´s for a fullcolored, 200 page book ! plus , that´s exactly the same price i paid for all the books, no increase there.

for all of you who don´t know: printing a book in colour is about four times the price of a black / white book. I know that from a friend of mine who is a fotographer and was part of the team that published the first german confrontation/rackham magazine.

Originally posted by wiccanpony
    Originally posted by uberdark

:cool:wear that black flat brim hat, tuck a muskrat under your chin....... lawyers never bother Amish
    If the Amish suddenly went online for anything, you know they would. :D

Originally posted by evil tendencies
    We may yet see the Amish online someday - their prohibition is not technology but technology that distances people from each other and damages their connections with their community. Give them a hundred years and you never know how that may end up being interpreted.

/thread jack

I agree about cost going up. But is it really cheaper to send the books out to be prints instead of doing it in their own country. I mean, Out sourcing was an excuse for lower prices, but do you still get the \"deal\" you got in the past?

GW are simply a bunch of scumbags. Simply said, with the release of Warhammer online(sept 18th)...mythic will be charging 15/mo and 50usd to buy the game. Using gw\'s characters, stories and artwork, im sure they\'ll be getting a healthly cut of those prices.
    Think about this, WoW has over 10mil people paying 15/mo.Im sure war online will be doing fairly well too.
    :cussing:

Here is why the codexes went up in price...

GW manufactures its pewter models at the same time, and in the same place, as their codexes. So what happens is during the process of packaging, small microscopic pewter dust gets released into the air only to settle upon the codexes that are being packaged. Since the price of metals has been increasing, and GW could not stand not charging for bits of pewter microdust they raised the prices of codexes to more than we care to pay.

Also if you have taken a look at the people who work at GW in the USA, they are not the smallest people in the world and all that money is going towards \"living to eat\" and not \"eating to live\".

Codexes were $22, right? That means the price went up $8!?!?! What a rip off!

now wait a sec......next year america is slated to be 2nd fattest people in the world. mexico is expected to surpass us.!!!!!

woohoo!!!!

and china will soon overtake us as the biggest polluter.

woohoo for america and its less fat and less polluted peoples!!!

lol:rolleyes:lol

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

Originally posted by No Such Agency
    Originally posted by evil tendencies
    We may yet see the Amish online someday - their prohibition is not technology but technology that distances people from each other and damages their connections with their community. Give them a hundred years and you never know how that may end up being interpreted.

/thread jack
    OT:

the Amish and in some ways the Mennonites do use technology, they just hire outsiders.... with their big families they can’t buy farms for the sons, so they have moved to other business, harness, carriages, crafts and many many more.. if they want, they have ways around their religious restrictions.

That is if they survive in the future, their gene pool is so small now and they are interbred that major health problems are coming to the fore. A couple of families have a form of MD that effects most of the members, but instead of not breeding and letting it die out, they marry and pass the gene to the next generation.

Yep, thats right... its all those pewter lacing thats driving up the costs.

The books just magically appear on the shelves straight from the printers (a bit like deep striking), contrary to popular belief, they are not put in vans and lorries which run on petrol (which has drastically gone up in price coincidentally) to get them delivered to stores and customers homes...

AAAAANNND DRINK!

The first rounds on me.

Oh shoot, ya! Time to drink, I forgot!

I have no alcohol on me so orange soda it is!

P.S. My ealier rant was my conspiracy thoery.

Printing costs for a lot of gaming books have been going up in the past few years. D&D players will probably recall the price hikes on third edition materials from about $20 to about $35 when 4th came out.

And yes, we\'ve been bitching about those increases too.

As \"large\" as GW\'s target market seems to us, they are still a niche business. They do not benefit from massive volume savings as much as a \"real\" publisher does. So I can understand the books being a pit pricey... and obviously, they WILL charge what the market will bear. And for every angry fanboy who does the math on his rent vs. the cost of a new codex, there are four more whose mommies and daddies are funding everything.

Originally posted by wiccanpony
    That is if they survive in the future, their gene pool is so small now and they are interbred that major health problems are coming to the fore. A couple of families have a form of MD that effects most of the members, but instead of not breeding and letting it die out, they marry and pass the gene to the next generation.
    IIRC they have no problem with modern medicine (they pay cash, since insurance is too close to being a \"wager\"). So maybe they will be in the queue once effective germ-line gene therapy is developed :)

/waaaay off topic

Um...I was under the impression that it was just the new space marine codex that would be 30 dollars because of the fact that it\'s almost 2 times as long as all the others. Is this not true?

Just for the record, I haven\'t bought a GW product in years!!

YAY ME!

They charge that much because they can GET that much for it. Simple as that.

And Amish guys use all kinds of power tools and drive around here. There is a very large Amish community not 30 miles from here, but the local construction firms hire them to build houses...because of their \'craftmanship\'.....What a laugh! They hire them because they work even cheaper than the illegal immigrants.

I be leave the new Marine codex will be $30.00 because its 50 pages thicker than the standard codex/army book. The price for regular codex\'s and army books will be $25.00 now, only a $3.00 price increase.

i could give a shit...
    if i like something i buy it(if my bank balance feels cooperative), if i don\'t like it, i don\'t buy it...simple as that...there are plenty of ways to get a nice discount on gw products anyway....i usually get 20% off here in alaska, and 25% off in cali...loads of online stores do 25% off too...

if ya wanna get angry at something, what about the prices for organic fruits and veggies...it\'s way more expensive to eat healthy than it is to live on twinkies and taco bell...no wonder we are a nation of fat bastards...

cheers
    jah