Which VMC paint is close to Catachan Green?

Thread: Which VMC paint is close to Catachan Green?

Default Which VMC paint is close to Catachan Green?

I\'m looking Vallejo Model Color line paint that is close to GW\'s Catachan Green. I already have Russian Unif. WWII, U.S.A. Uniform and Olive Green, but none those are even close to Catachan Green. I was thinking US Olive Drab or maybe Reflective Green.

Thanks!

Well, already ordered US Olive Drab and Reflective Green, i hope those are close to Catachan Green. I\'ll post my results here when i get hands on for paints.

You can always tweak the colour by mixing in other paints if you don\'t have a perfect match.

Is there a reason you don\'t want to just use Catachan Green? Shipping is crazy if you don\'t order a bunch online, but if you can get it locally, it\'s not bad paint, IMO.

Well my Catachan Green is getting low and i have moved from GW to VMC. Ofcourse i ordered other things as well, not just 2 paints. Actually Catachan Green is my only GW paint left, sold others away. :P

Eye dropped bottles are godly and i think VMC paints are way better than GW\'s. They are not very durable, but that\'s why there is varnish. :)

#67 Cayman Green
    http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Vallejo-Game-Color-Acrylic-Paint-GW-Conversion-Chart_W0QQugidZ10000000001407267

Originally posted by hakoMike
    #67 Cayman Green
    http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Vallejo-Game-Color-Acrylic-Paint-GW-Conversion-Chart_W0QQugidZ10000000001407267
    Well, i\'m talking about Vallejo MODEL color, there isn\'t chart for converting VMC <-> VGC, atleast i didn\'t find any.

Originally posted by Ritual
    You can always tweak the colour by mixing in other paints if you don\'t have a perfect match.

Starting with a strong yellow, adding blue and a dot of red to dull it a bit it should be easy to get to something very close, if not identical :)

Einion