Marneus Calgar - Gd 08 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marneus Calgar - Gd 08

B-blade: words cannot describe how awesome this mini is. Congrats on the trophy, very well deserved. Now paint another one and make a tutorial :D

@chaos877: that picture is genious lol

Cheers guys :)

@chaos877 - Erm, i just used feathering, with lots and lots of layers.

and...ok im still not doing any honour guard :p

@squidders - yep it\'s taken years to perfect, my large flat drybrush is ruined after this one.

@boristfrog - couldn\'t say exactly how long it took, did it over a good few days though, involved smoothing down armour plates, filling in pitting, that kind of thing. i got the lines off the fingers using a curved edge scalple blade, by scraping them off.

@Aliengod3 - paint another?, no thanks :D

Cheers for all the commnts peeps :cool:

I second the call for the Slayer Sword, it\'s just a shame you weren\'t eligible, (well, perhaps not, you do have one of the *best* jobs ). I know if it was me, you don\'t just want people telling you how good it is, so *if* you were to do it again, I think you should have excercised your awesome freehand skills on the inside of the cloak, in my very humble opinion.

Just so you know, I use your Skulltaker guide from WD. These articles are the best, so please keep making them :yes:

@aliengod, thanks, Hell is a town in michigan (go figure)

Beautifully painted, every time you sit and admire a piece you look at other piece and do the exact same, there are no flaws and the super contrast is perfect. I love the NMM, the blue, the red on the cloak and i could go on and on, even the black and yellow wire is great.

Great Job :)

Not sure if anyone is still checking this post or not... but does anyone know where I can find a guide to paint the armor of my crimson fists like this? I think they would look stunning if I could get the armor to look like that. I am a beginner painter and have recently decided to up the bar on my painting. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Btw, that is an amazing model! Kudos!

I saw it in real at italian GD: it is an outstanding miniature, one of the best I\'ve ever seen in my life.
    You are really a great, great painter!!
    Hope to see more works from you here on Cmon.
    :beer:

ITS ALIVE.... the thread is threadomanced. woooooooo.... <---eerie sounding stuff.

lol

Originally posted by ienai
    Not sure if anyone is still checking this post or not... but does anyone know where I can find a guide to paint the armor of my crimson fists like this? I think they would look stunning if I could get the armor to look like that. I am a beginner painter and have recently decided to up the bar on my painting. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Btw, that is an amazing model! Kudos!
    Thi is an eavy metal painter at the tp of the game pulling off something extremely difficult really not something for a beginner to attempt and certainly nt on an army...

The basic starter techniques involved are feathering and layering .. gradually increasing a highlight by mixing in highlight colours to a base mix and feathering with a brush to smooth the transitions..
    check the article section on the site for more help with the technique...

Oh and as I wa offline when this thread was alive and kicking.. Love it Joe .. and hopefully I\'ll get t see it in the flesh properly soon.

the mini was sold to someone at the studio open day, so good luck finding it in real life :(

I\'m bringing it to Salute tomorrow lol

Originally posted by squidders
    I\'m bringing it to Salute tomorrow lol
    bah! show-off. I\'m not jealous at all...

Are you coming over Sven and bringing your stuff??? because your stuff blows me away... especially that Dalamyr you painted. Amazing.

Ironic then that you have probably dozens and dozens of minis I\'d dearly love to have and are jealous yourself :(

Thanks, but tbh to me, perhaps not so surprisingly though, my own stuff isn\'t that exciting. :) Though I have a growing collection of miniatures painted by others as well that I hold dearly. You have lots of stuff I\'d love to have as well, so I guess it\'s the same, isn\'t it? :)

I might go to this years UKGD again. But I\'m not sure. I am about to get myself a new appartment, but it\'s not clear when I can move in.

well life does go on outside of minis but if you can it\'d be great to see you again, even though it was very brief at last years GD.

Oh and if you don\'t like your minis I\'ll have \'em :D

yeah :)

haha.. well I will surely mention you in my will! ;)

Don\'t worry.. I\'m planning to live a rock and roll lifestyle. :)

Seriously if you\'re genuinely interested in anything you can always shoot me a PM.

Every few years someone paints something, and the bar goes up a bit. We mere mortals groan at the vastly superior skills of the painting elite... then get back to chasing them.

This is one of those minis that raised the bar. NMM hit a new high... as did the GW style of painting.

Beautiful.
    :)

Originally posted by AvelornSeriously if you\'re genuinely interested in anything you can always shoot me a PM.
    I just may you know... If any of the minis currently out being painted ever make it back to me lol