OT: Women..you know the ones with boobs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Women..you know the ones with boobs

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

Default OT: Women..you know the ones with boobs

Reverend made this comment, “women are treated as they should be”. and it got me to thinking ( damn you Reverend ;) ).................. what is your opinion on how women are treated?

mine is will we ever get equal pay for equal work in America

please note I will be taking names and preparing appropriate voodoo dolls, so really no pressure:twisted::P

women will never be equal. they are worse at somethings than men and better at others. why are we trying to level the playing field? i agree with equal pay for equal work though

Equality works right until a door needs holding open.

I\'m all for equality but until I can treat a woman equally without being \"a pig\" it\'s all nonsense.

And anyway, why do we have to be equal? I mean, every single person on the planet is different and if it\'s all about pay, I draw your attention to the following article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4648282.stm

Bottom line, unless they inherited it, the wealthiest people on the planet gave up having a life to develop their business at the expense of everything else including having children and girly nights in with a film, wine and chocolate.

It\'s not healthy to do that even if you can buy more expensive things.

i\'m not equal even though my government would love me to be.

In my extended family, women are treated with respect for their unique abilities (whatever they may be) and the perspective they bring to the group. They are capable, driven, and brave enough to marry the guys in my family. In my house, my wife somehow manages to stabilize my right-brain spontaneity, and I give her everything I can.

I hear this isn\'t always the case, but I don\'t spend time with \"good ol\' boys\" if I can avoid them, so I can\'t really speak for them or their reasons.

men are better mini painters......its true..... thats just what roger was telling me five minutes ago. yep good old roger..... he told me.....i dont believe what he said but it was definitely ROGER BUNTING who said it.

did i mention roger. :twisted:

Women all want equality until a boat is sinking or a building is on fire.

Then it\'s \'WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST.\' lol

If a woman does the same job as a man to the same level of productivity, she should be paid the same wage...no question of that.

Outside of that, I\'m not sure I see how women are necessarily all that oppressed in the U.S. at this point anymore. Women have attained to some of the highest and most successful positions in society.

Originally posted by uberdark
    men are better mini painters......its true..... thats just what roger was telling me five minutes ago. yep good old roger..... he told me.....i dont believe what he said but it was definitely ROGER BUNTING who said it.

and isn\'t Roger lucky to have a buddy like you :P;)lol

By the way...I came to this thread because I saw the word, \"boobs.\"

I am disappointed. :~(

Originally posted by mattrock

:cry: same here...when I see a \"Willy\" thread and it\'s about Willy Nelson

Originally posted by wiccanpony
    Originally posted by mattrock

:cry: same here...when I see a \"Willy\" thread and it\'s about Willy Nelson
    I could keep this up, but it would degenerate in a hurry. :innocent:

Women and men are two sides of the same coin. Misogynists (is that the right spelling?) are cutting off their own limbs, effectively, by refusing to acknowledge the feminine.

I\'m going home now :)

Women should definately be treated equally.

If you lavish too much attention on the left boob the right one will start to feel left out....

oh you meant in society and stuff....

nevermind

it\'s in the higher end of the pay scale that women suffer.
    and that\'s because they take time out to have a baby and then have to get back into their career, whilst the men of equal pay have stayed working and in the mean time got promotion.

lower paid workers get the same generaly, regardless of sex.

if you want a shit load of money then you have to forgo your life or get lucky.

this equality crap annoys me as people are never after equality, they want more for themselves.

this equality crap annoys me as people are never after equality, they want more for themselves.
    amen to that

my fave example is why cant girls play boys/mens sports...would they allow men to play girls sports? i highly doubt it....so again it has nothing to do with logic, and everything to do with whining

in terms of social equality and being treated with respect and such, well why do you think the saying \"nice guys finish last\" exists? thats what i thought....

ill leave it at that because i have a very strong opinion on things and i will start a real debate if i continue :P

I could rant on this subject, actually. But, I don\'t think I will.

Equal pay for equal work is a thing that has been realised almost fully in North America. No doubt there are exceptions, though. No system is perfect.

But for full equality? I know a guy who gets into very frequent arguements about this subject with several of his lady friends. Here\'s his basic arguement: \"If you want to be fully equal, then if you piss me off, can I punch you like I would a guy? When the answer is \'yes\', then you\'ll be equal to me.\"

And before you ask, yes, he\'s married (quite happily) and gets along very well with women in general. No, he isn\'t a misogynist. He just thinks the whole \'equality\' arguement is a load of horse-shit.

My own opinion? I think the whole thing is generally blown out of proportion. It\'s the way of things in this day and age. Any slight, however minor, is made direly important by people, and it\'s that kind of thing that started the whole \'political correctness\' nonsense.

I said I wasn\'t going to rant. :)

It seems to me that one of the problems with the \'counter arguments\' to gender equality - statements like BarstoolProphet\'s friend\'s that \'if a woman wants to be equal I should be able to punch her as I would a man\' or in the less extreme, the arguments about holding open doors, sinking boats, playing sport and so on - is that these arguments seem to be saying:

equality = same treatment

However, I think it might be more meaningful to say that:

equality = equal treatment, or equal value

Obviously there are differences between the genders - that\'s why we make the distinction (even if it is often not so clear cut as we like to think). But gender equality should mean that we treat women and value their social contribution to the same extent as we do men.

It\'s still true that women do the vast majority of unpaid work in western society; thigns like cooking, housework, minding children and on and on...but this kind of work - which in many ways is the most essential work - still isn\'t given the same value as the paid work of a \'real job\'.

So perhaps the key to equality isn\'t being able to punch women in the face, but rather is about giving more recognition - equal recognition - to the contribution women make to society? :)

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

1) Roger would never say that because
    2) Roger has yet to finish anything so he can\'t speak from experience and anyway
    3) You know I could kick you ass in a comp with one hand tied behind my back. :D

If two people can do the same work to the same quality I see no reason not to pay them the same no matter what color, kreed, gender or whatever. Everyone has thier own talents and some of those do have a bit to do with gender (we give birth better than you guys do, but you \"yes dear\" better than us), but you should be paid for and get hte respexct for the things you do and the quality of those things.

Now who\'s going to hold this door for me? ;)

Women do get credit for doing house work. I think it goes back to the insanity of political correctness when a woman is looked down upon (by other women) for choosing to be a house wife and taking care of the family.

In this case, the husband and wife are a team.

Originally posted by automaton

It\'s still true that women do the vast majority of unpaid work in western society; thigns like cooking, housework, minding children and on and on...but this kind of work - which in many ways is the most essential work - still isn\'t given the same value as the paid work of a \'real job\'.

So perhaps the key to equality isn\'t being able to punch women in the face, but rather is about giving more recognition - equal recognition - to the contribution women make to society? :)

Actually, I heard that Roger secretly paints all of your stuff. that is why he can\'t finish any of his stuff.

*Runs away because I know Liz can\'t throw a rock.

Originally posted by lizcam

1) Roger would never say that because
    2) Roger has yet to finish anything so he can\'t speak from experience and anyway
    3) You know I could kick you ass in a comp with one hand tied behind my back. :D

If two people can do the same work to the same quality I see no reason not to pay them the same no matter what color, kreed, gender or whatever. Everyone has thier own talents and some of those do have a bit to do with gender (we give birth better than you guys do, but you \"yes dear\" better than us), but you should be paid for and get hte respexct for the things you do and the quality of those things.

Now who\'s going to hold this door for me? ;)

Originally posted by wiccanpony
    mine is will we ever get equal pay for equal work in America
    If it is some consolation, women engineers are better paid than male engineers. If I remember the chart correctly, they\'re paid about 10% more, right out of college. And if you compare engineers of equal career years (which means the guy will be younger should the gal stay home for X years raising kids), then they are still paid better.

So, you could say that its better pay for equal work.