Christmas decorations.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas decorations..

I generally put mine up on thanksgiving day, since I hate football, especially living in Detroit.lol
    Stores generally get their Christmas decorations in stock in mid September, so thats when it has to go out, can\'t clog up the back rooms.

I don\'t put up decorations!
    Grumble Grumble!
    Bah Humbug! lol

Can\'t stand the hypocracy.

Originally posted by mud duck
    85!?! Gods we\'re lucky if we don\'t have to wear winter coats over our costumes
    Yeah I always feel bad for little kids when I see that - a cute little costume with their big winter jacket over it covering most of it. I don\'t recall being subjected to that particular indignity as a kid though, maybe my dad\'s clever costume creations were inherently warm...

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    Grumble Grumble!
    Bah Humbug! lol

Well at least you\'ll be able to buy some more mini\'s with all the money earned from your christmas part-time job as Santa.

Blog Entries

Grumble Grumble!
    Bah Humbug! lol
    Me neither. Can\'t stand the work.
    The day for Christmas stuff is the day after Thanksgiving. Anything else in the US is too early.

Originally posted by alextheartist
    We have people where i live who leave their lights up all year round lol

Alex

gypos...
    We call them \"rednecks\"

Grumble Grumble!
    Bah Humbug! lol

Damn DR you beat me to it again lollol

I think Xmas has lost all its meaning these days people start celebrating it earlier and earlier, the kids get more than they deserve and don\'t appreciate what they get and just want more.

As for the adults well most seem to think its just an excuse to get plastered and cause trouble.

Boot Xmas in the butt and back to December or better still don\'t celebrate it at all.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

:no: Picking up poor kicked around Yule......holding close.... I still love you

i’d send Mike and War Griffon a truck load of coal......but knowing those “two”, they would sell it and use the $$ to buy minis:cussing:

Local Walgreens already had christmas crap for sale almost a month ago.

:P:P:P Jingle bells, Jingle bells, Jingle all the way

They\'ve started selling Christmas biscuits and stuff in shops here. I don\'t actually mind this too much, as they tend to be delicious!

In my family, we\'re usually so badly organised that we end up decorating on Christmas eve! lol At least it means the tree isn\'t a dried-up wreck on the day.

I wish that people would acknowledge Christmas for what it is- pagan sun-worship festivals appropriated by Christianity. Did you know that the 25th of December was originally the Roman god Mithras\'s birthday? :P

Originally posted by Amazon warrior
    I wish that people would acknowledge Christmas for what it is- pagan sun-worship festivals appropriated by Christianity.
    Did you know that the 25th of December was originally the Roman god Mithras\'s birthday? :P
    Yep. :D [cynic]and that\'s not the only similarity to Mithras. [/cynic]

They\'ve started selling Christmas biscuits and stuff in shops here. I don\'t actually mind this too much, as they tend to be delicious!

In my family, we\'re usually so badly organised that we end up decorating on Christmas eve! lol At least it means the tree isn\'t a dried-up wreck on the day.

I wish that people would acknowledge Christmas for what it is- pagan sun-worship festivals appropriated by Christianity. Did you know that the 25th of December was originally the Roman god Mithras\'s birthday? :P

:D wiccanpony = happy pagan

Originally posted by wiccanpony

lol :beer:

My father generally gets christmas shopping done before thanksgiving. I know, its crazy, but maybe thats one of the reasons christmas stuff is up before halloween.

Blog Entries

I love xmas simple because it gives me a few days away from strict eating (whether I\'m trying to grow and shrink lol I still eat very clean / samey foods).

Xmas is Japan is almost a none event - it\'s a work day for one and this year - yep - I\'ll be working. They try very hard to \'copy\' xmas but really don\'t understand the true meaning. It\'s considered more a time for couples and romance rather than a time for the family to get together. Presents are exchanged sometimes but maybe only 1 or 2.

Most people are gearing up for new year over xmas. That\'s the \'big one\' for the Japanese. Kids get their presents in the form of \'otoshi-dama\'. It\'s basically money in a little envelope from various family members haha. It kinda takes the fun out of shopping for presents but at least it\'s easier!

oh, and I love Stollen (sp?) and seek out the ole German market to get some traditional stuff. That stuff is dangerous.

\"Nowadays every girl with a henna tattoo and a spice rack thinks she\'s a sister to the dark ones\" ;)

I say celebrate Christmas as whatever you want it to be, preferably somehow involving kindness, love and giving. Hang stockings, eat t(of)urkey with your friends or family, leave out a treat for the Soul Cake Duck, tip your favorite stripper an extra $20 if that\'s all you can do. The Christians borrowed it from someone else in the first place, they have no place complaining about how anyone celebrates it.

Originally posted by No Such Agency
    \"Nowadays every girl with a henna tattoo and a spice rack thinks she\'s a sister to the dark ones\" ;)

I say celebrate Christmas as whatever you want it to be, preferably somehow involving kindness, love and giving. Hang stockings, eat t(of)urkey with your friends or family, leave out a treat for the Soul Cake Duck, tip your favorite stripper an extra $20 if that\'s all you can do. The Christians borrowed it from someone else in the first place, they have no place complaining about how anyone celebrates it.
    shame...have you been peeking at my \"rack\":o;)lol