I found some seasonal treasures!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I found some seasonal treasures!

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Default I found some seasonal treasures!

I\'ve been going through EVERYTHING in my house, sorting out what\'s his and what\'s mine and what we need to argue about (sigh). Today I pulled i a dusty plastic bin from the garage wondering what I had stowed in it. Inside were a bunch of boxes. I pulled one out, brow creased and opened to find.......

Seasonaly appropriate treasures! I bought them last year but never pulled them out and put them up because things were falling apart so badly around here that I gave up on Holidays before Halloween and jst came here and played instead of decorating the house. They are all Jim Shore sculpts, kind of country but I like them a lot.

Look! The taller one here (crows) is about 8\" tall and the other is 5.5-ish

This one I\'ve desided to give to Wen (azwrcr here on Cmon). It\'s about 9\"-10\" tall.

These are some of my favorites. The taller one lost a hand and if I recall correctly I got a discount in it. They are 9\"-ish and 15\"-ish.

But my absolutly favorite of them all is the reaper! He\'s 14.5\" and cool as hell. The flash on the camera washed him out a bit. Sitting on my desk here you can\'t see into the depths of his cowl and the detail is really dark. I just love him!

It\'s good to go through you boxes now and then. You never know what you\'ll find! :flip::bouncy::flip:

If I were you, I pull out hte stuff that you argue about, and keep it. Hide it somewhere in the house. He isn\'t helping you do the cleaning, he doesn\'t get to pull a power play over the situation.

BTW; Nice toys. :D

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

:beer: ohhhhhhh nice... I expect you to decorate for the fall season for “Me” too

get those pumpikns painted up for rotten harvest!!

the pumpkins and the reaper are quite jovially painted but that makes them creepier imo!

Harrrrruuuumph!
    I\'m preparing the XXX Chilli Flavoured Candies and the Laxative Chocolates for the end of next month.
    :Dlol:evil::twisted:

:rolleyes: Liz.. I think Mike sorely needs a Holiday Intervention .... prepare the padded room, loading tranquilizer gun..:twisted:lol

I love the reaper figure - the wood grain gives an interesting texture that makes the paint look really moody.

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    Harrrrruuuumph!
    I\'m preparing the XXX Chilli Flavoured Candies and the Laxative Chocolates for the end of next month.
    :Dlol:evil::twisted:
    Dude! Halloween is awesome. If Christmas wasn\'t so gift-a-licious, Halloween would get my vote for absolute best holiday.

Im originally from South Africa, where Halloween isn\'t celebrated, so I dont really get the principal of it. The first time a little kiddie knocked on my door trick or treating, I got a really weird look from her mom when I gave her a pot-noodle ( I hate sweet things so I dont keep candy in the houselol )
    Whats the story behind the day?

Originally posted by Springbok
    Im originally from South Africa, where Halloween isn\'t celebrated, so I dont really get the principal of it. The first time a little kiddie knocked on my door trick or treating, I got a really weird look from her mom when I gave her a pot-noodle ( I hate sweet things so I dont keep candy in the houselol )
    Whats the story behind the day?
    :beer: modern day Halloween is for kids to dress-up and trick or treat and adults to also dress-up to hit the parties. It\'s about having fun

Pagan: In Northern Europe, Samhain (the Celtic term for Halloween, pronounced sow-in as in ‘sour’) was the time when the cattle were moved from the summer pastures to winter shelter. It was the end of the growing season, the end of harvest, a time of thanksgiving, when the ancestors and the spirits of the beloved dead would return home to share in the feast. Death did not sever one’s connections with the community. People would leave offerings of food and drink for their loved ones, and set out candles to light their way home. Those traditions gave us many of our present day customs. Now we set out jack-o-lanterns and give offerings of candy to children—who are, after all, the ancestors returning in new forms.

Originally posted by wiccanpony
    modern day Halloween is for kids to dress-up and trick or treat and adults to also dress-up to hit the parties. It\'s about having fun
    Or...An America \"tradition\" imported to the UK by television and movies without a real basis of understanding. Encouraging kids to knock on the door of people that they don\'t know and expect sweets for reasons they don\'t understand.

And we wonder why kids grow up confused... Don\'t Talk to Strangers. v. Trick or Treat.

I agree. The Reaper is the coolest of the bunch. Hallowe\'en is kind of a let-down around here. I haven\'t seen a kid trick-or-treating in about 5 years, and there are a LOT of kids that live in the neighbourhood.

I miss them. I miss making a haunted maze in front of the house for them to navigate before they get treats. It was never too complicated to get through, and it was only really scary for the youngest of the kids, but it was fun to set up. There just isn\'t any point, if nobody\'s coming, though.

And I\'m afraid to go through my boxes. I\'d have to take a year off work.

;)
    ohhh if I were a lot younger and body parts weren’t caught in gravitational pull and of course with Fan’s permission ........I would show up on Mike’s door step sky clad in a feathered mask ........ trick or treat lol

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

:o :cool: :wow:

Tis the evening when little kids get to dress up as scarey things and extort the neighbors for candy.

I my little Stepford, the adults follow along with beer mugs or coctail glasses. Occasionaly those get refilled as well.
    :beer: Makes the walk around the block much shorter.

Originally posted by Springbok
    A pot-noodle for trick or treating - this conjured up an hilarious image in my brain. Thanks for the morning giggle, I needed it!

Great decorations Liz! I think the cat\'s my fave, but the reaper is pretty cool too.

Originally posted by airhead
    :o :cool: :wow:

Tis the evening when little kids get to dress up as scarey things and extort the neighbors for candy.

I my little Stepford, the adults follow along with beer mugs or coctail glasses. Occasionaly those get refilled as well.
    :beer: Makes the walk around the block much shorter.
    lol cocktail refills.....my kind of town:drunk:

Originally posted by wiccanpony
    ;)
    ohhh if I were a lot younger and body parts weren’t caught in gravitational pull and of course with Fan’s permission ........I would show up on Mike’s door step sky clad in a feathered mask ........ trick or treat lol
    WOW. I\'m flattered.

Gee, Mike, you should come over stateside sometime during Halloween...or as I\'m starting to think of it as \"Slutoween\".

Even the young teenage girls are dressing up as french maids and such. Scares me as a parent of two teen girls.:o