What do you do with your minis? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do with your minis?

I collect, and intend, to paint all of mine - and the ones donated by my grown up kids. Trouble is Ikeep buying and don\'t do enough painting. Just had a load of foam trays made, similar to the GW case trays, to store them in. Selling off the surplus (it was a big order to make the unit cost palatable) on ebay. Fortunately it seems to have filled a gap in the market and they\'ve nearly gone.

Originally posted by Roger Bunting
    What does a finished miniature look like?
    That would have been my response. :D
    aye ditto. thing is, i painted about five in the last few weeks and it looks like i may finish some more. i feel quite uncomfortable and the shelf is filling up fast!

i keep min in ferrero rocher boxes to keep the dust off

I keep em for either gaming or display. Or competition.

Originally posted by Naukhel
    I sell mine in a desperate bid to get out of crippling debt. I also paint other people\'s
    minis for money.

Neither is cutting the mustard. Any psychics out there with good lottery picks
    for me?
    I sense 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 has a reasonable chance of coming up in the future.

As to minis, most of my best quality stuff has been sold or given away. I have started keeping some of my better pieces around (my demon winner and HM\'s) but I tend to let shops display those since I don\'t have any real display case at my house.

I generally keep them. I will keep anything that\'s won a Demon trophy. I could never bring myself to sell one of those.

I keep all my personal armies as well, tucked away in foam cases or on the bookshelf. Sometimes I\'ll sell them, but only to generate more funds to buy new and bigger armies lol

Plus there\'s all the commissions, which I can\'t keep. Despite how much I love how the Bretonnians are turning out, I don\'t think the customer would like it very much if I just didn\'t mail them back :D lol

As far as gifts go I don\'t normally give away minis. Most family members don\'t quite understand this hobby. So I give away oil paintings and ceramic things.

-Matt

i\'m a hired gun, so my minis are already half paid for before i even start on \'em...
    it works out though, \'cause the minis never feel like they\'re mine, which makes it easier to send \'em off after they\'re done...

startin\' in the new year, i\'ll be only paintin\' what i want for sale...i think this will be a little more difficult, \'cause i\'ll feel like i\'m sellin\' my babies...

all the painted ones i do own are from before i started workin\' freelance, and they just make me mad, \'cause i paint so much better now than i did 5 years ago...

cheers
    jah

I used to chuck m in the back of a cupboard somewhere when they were done. Thats why most of my decent painted stuff from a few years back is chipped to hell. I have a foamy box to put stuff in now.

I seem to do a mixture of what everybody has mentioned.

I have painted mini\'s as gifts for people.

My rarest mini\'s i have kept in their original packaging to keep their value until i feel i am good enough to do them justice :P

Then i have my army that im painting in progress.

Though tbh as i have just recently returned to the hobby i am getting a fantasy army and a 4ok army and then focusing on single figure painting, so i guess the majority will get ebay\'d unless they are demon winners, gifts or commisions.

Default what I do with my mini\'s

I like to seal mine in concrete for 10\'000 years and/or use them as dust collectors.

i like to load them up into an old muzzle loader and shoot straight into undave\'s butt! for some reason i think he gets more satisfaction out of it than i do.

:wow::wow::wow:

I like to feed mine to old people in the local retirement home, its pretty funny.

We play D&D, so ours are kept in a display cabinet (that is slowly running out of space) in our game room. My Mom likes some of my work, as does my cousin, so sometimes they get something, but I generally keep everything I paint.

Commissions (Not a lot lately due to the strength of the pound)
    Gifts....Usually for a Special Birthday.
    Competitions.
    Keepers........Lot\'s of \"Chicks in Chainmail Bikini\'s\":rolleyes:

Originally posted by Naukhel
    I sell mine in a desperate bid to get out of crippling debt.
    Shame you\'re not a Wall Street gazillionaire, you\'d be able to get the working stiff\'s to bail you out........

I keep mine stored in army cases and play with them - all of my minis so far are for actual gameplay. When the kids move out (not that I\'m shooing them out) I\'ll eventually get a hobby room to myself and I\'ll put up a display cabinet of some sort to display them when not gaming with\'em.

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    Competitions.

STILL waiting for that pic, Mike...;)

Originally posted by Zora
    Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    Competitions.

STILL waiting for that pic, Mike...;)
    Not forgotten ;)
    Should have a couple more Sisters to go with her as well!

I have a little box full of the unpainted ones I want to keep and then a pile of just misc scrap minis in disrepair then my shelf of finished ones that I will most likely sell. :beer:
    Usually I keep the ones that I actually like and ones that have won me awards but sometimes I just give them away.

Originally posted by MathewBaich

Usually I keep the ones that I actually like and ones that have won me awards but sometimes I just give them away.
    Let me send you my address...lol

Mike - can\'t wait! Any other minis you\'re looking for to go with that \"theme\"?