First miniature you remember buying... - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: First miniature you remember buying...

Quote Originally Posted by Arne View Post
    While old, I'm guessing that the plastic ones are not too rare. Most of them were probably never painted.
    I dunno... a lot were probably painted badly and eventually thrown out. I have some painted with enamels by my much younger self, good luck getting that paint off for a re-do.

Quote Originally Posted by Arne View Post
    While old, I'm guessing that the plastic ones are not too rare. Most of them were probably never painted.
    The Rogue Trader plastice marines are super rare, and if you find any you have to prepared to spend big bucks getting them, same for the Rogue Trader Imperial Guard.

I managed to pick up a box of the old plastic skeleton Horsemen to finish off my regiment. There's not much difference with these ones and the Khemri Skeletons, the new vampire counts ones are very different and more delicate.

Big bucks :O ? I would've thought that with 30 marines in that box, people would get tired after painting 5 and then shove them into the closet (like I did with most stuff). I'm thinking that they are only rare on the market, and not in the closet so to speak.

I noticed that FW has some Corvus marines now, but they're in the style of the new marines.

Aside from Prince August's Fantasy armies, these are the first miniatures that I remember buying myself.

The reason why I remember it, is because I made a fool out of myself when ordering them. Back then, there were no local GW retailer, so I had to call a store far away, and try to pronounce the names over the phone.

Hej, jag vill beställa en KAWOS HOED, DEFF DEIJLER, BRASSss SKOPJON, TAVER OV SKALLS och KANNONS OV KOERN.

The girl who took the call was like... "Ooookay... I'm gonna let you speak to someone else here..."

I felt like such a dork.
    Last edited by Arne; 02-27-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Links. and Formatting.

lol. i did something similar Arne, imagine saynig "jag vill ha en undead war rhino captive carrier" when you are 12 yrs old. didnt turn out that great either. thank god for internet
    Last edited by SkelettetS; 02-28-2011 at 06:44 AM.

deeeeep in woods in gulf coastal mississippi usa
    Blog Entries

i bought several, but they were all ral parthas. (i needed a party's worth of character figures).
    i kept the wheels on lord ral's chariot rolling for quite a while in 1976...

A Ral Partha Griffen I bought back in Middle School. Painted in Testors enamels. This is the actual article, but the basing is modern. I didn't have a hex base for it until very recently.
    Last edited by Ruleslawyer; 02-28-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Here's the first one I ever bought, on his own in a blister...

Citadel - Fiend Factory - Reptile Warrior (FF31-2)

...my dragon-man from the early eighties. Painted with Humbrol enamel metallic green, silver & bronze (no undercoat). He snapped off his base at some point so dad epoxied back to his base for me, giving him hooves He's had a bit of acrylic smeared over him too by the look of it.

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

My first miniatures came in the battle for skull pass box. The first mini I painted was a dwarf warrior. Which looked terrible btw.

My firist mini I got was Dark Eldar Wyches, only about 8years ago that I go it has to choose between them or Imperial Guard. Too macho for me so Dark Eldar it was.

Must of been some 2nd edition space marines, but it was so long ago I cannot remember. There were Orks and Imperial Guard, and some Eldar too. But Marines were definitely first.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Citadel Minotaur around 1980 painted with Humbrol enamels I remember getting the massive Citadel giant for my birthday one year too. I wish I knew where he was now!

Battletech mini in the late 80's/eraly 90's. The Stinger LAM iirc. It may have been the Wasp LAM though. They were "just like Robotech" lolol

Blog Entries

Marneus Calgar and the old plastic Terminator box from 2nd edition. Lol good times
    Please feel free to check out my hobby blog, IMMATERIUM PRESS. Rumors, hobby articles, community building and tournament organization. Many thanks