My miniature miniature case

Thread: My miniature miniature case

Default My miniature miniature case

I am always transporting one or two models to competions and such, and my figure case is a bit over sized.

After seeing the gadet show on monday testing peli cases i had a brainwave and i throught i would share it with you guys.

It is a 1120 small case with the foam inserts and all i did is cut an extra bit of foam from an old case to pad out the bottom.

It is great for single models and i can even fit a five man squad in there and it is deep enought for a tank!

And it is as tough as they come. It is water proof (the gadet show blasted theres with a water cannon!) and crush proof and has an unconditional life time guarantee. No mater what you do to it they will always repair or replace it!!

And all this for £15!!

Ah, but you\'re buggered if someone decides to fire up their jet engine in front of it.

A flaw to my master plan :cussing:

it also depends on how delicate the display piece is.

if you have scenic elements such as bushes/trees on the base as well the foam will crush them.

pigment chalk can get rubbed off by the contact of the foam.
    it\'s a nice idea and for the price a cracking buy, but for delicate pieces i would rather go for one of jeff\'s (dragonforge design) cases.

Originally posted by Roger Bunting
    Ah, but you\'re buggered if someone decides to fire up their jet engine in front of it.
    especially if your holding it at the time

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Pelican cases are rather expensive IMO. Reaper, ARMY Transport and a few otheres make cases with punch out foam. $30 (15L) would get you a much larger case with better foam.

Don\'t get me wrong, I use Pelicans on the boat (first aid kit, flare gun). But I also use Lock-n-Lock (waterprof, but not water canon proof) at about 10% of the cost.

Originally posted by airhead
    Pelican cases are rather expensive IMO. Reaper, ARMY Transport and a few otheres make cases with punch out foam. $30 (15L) would get you a much larger case with better foam.

Don\'t get me wrong, I use Pelicans on the boat (first aid kit, flare gun). But I also use Lock-n-Lock (waterprof, but not water canon proof) at about 10% of the cost.
    The idea was to have a small case for transporting a couple of mini\'s (whilst being blasted with a water cannon! lol)

Lock and lock would proberly do the job though, but not look as cool :cool:

That is indeed a mini, mini case:D

Too bad I made one out of left over Ikea boxes and some pick and pluck foam recently. I hasten to add that mine is neither water cannon proof, nor is it likely to provide much resistance if someone sat on it, but it survived GD and so did my minis, so mission accomplished ;)

I used similer for a time with my gaming minis. An old gun case where i bought 2 inch thick foam and cut to shape.

egg box foam isn\'t too hard to get hold of and you can just cut it to shape and insert it into a cheap tuppaware for half the price. and when not carrying minis the tuppaware can carry food!

i personally bluetack mine to the case, doesn\'t rub stuff off as grenrule pointed out