Does this look like crap?

Thread: Does this look like crap?

Default Does this look like crap?

So I painted this ork and I got 2nd place in a comp at my local GW. It looks really good irl imo, but I did all the photoshop things for the first time and im thinking I\'ve sorta made it look like crap with my photography/photoshop skills. ESPECIALLY the red. What do you think?

[img][/img]

I think it looks great. I understand where you are coming from reference the red. I used to get pink instead of red. I was using the camers from my phone to take the pics. I started to use my wifes digital camers and post them on from there. I also used GIMP to edit my pictures and the colours started to sort themseves out. I am still no expert but there are others here who are really good at this kind of stuff, they will be more than willing to help.

Luckily, and honestly, I think the mini is fine, but the picture is almost to the point of being bad. The white is washing out parts of the emblem or whatever it is on the post. And that makes it look really bad.

Maybe better lighting to start with and a nice backdrop.

Yeh, it looks like you have increased the lightness to much when editing which is white it looks sorta misty.

The only thing i would change on the painting would be the wire going into the gun, and thats simply becuase of the colour as it looks exactly the same as the skin tone.

Alex

WAY too much contrast on the background, that\'s why you have those pure white highlights and the edges are jagged.

Actual mini however looks a little too light with not enough contrast...

and the whole pic seems to be pushed slightly towards the red end of the spectrum (red tint in all the highlights on the metal)

Looks like the original photo wasn\'t too bad, you just need to tweak it in Photoshop some more.

Hope that helps

Ben

Thanks guys. (I guess you can tell that I suck in the photography end of things) Heres the original picture. The model still looks better irl but I just cant get a good pic!
    [img][/img]

sg2009

had a play around with the image:

if you can send me a better pic straight from cam i will try and edit it for you on gimp

pm if your interested

sam

Thanks for the offer. I tried to pm you but it wouldnt work so I\'ll try again later...

Easier if you have an original.

What version of Photoshop are you using?

5.0 \"education version\"
    And that pic looks great! Would you mind if I used that pic for the voting page?

sg2009

Originally posted by Necroghast
    5.0 \"education version\"
    is that free ????

uh.. I don\'t know... my dad got it.

Education versions of photoshop are the same as retail photoshop. They are just marketed to people taking education courses, I.E. sold to people in school but no different then the retail version.

And that pic looks great! Would you mind if I used that pic for the voting page?
    Of course you can chief!

Have a look at this:

Photoshoping mini pics tute

So I painted this ork and I got 2nd place in a comp at my local GW. It looks really good irl imo, but I did all the photoshop things for the first time and im thinking I\'ve sorta made it look like crap with my photography/photoshop skills. ESPECIALLY the red. What do you think?

[img][/img]
    in photoshop, open up curves and with each channel slide the top and bottom points along to touch the histogram top one move left to touch right side of histogram and bottom one along right to touch left of bottom of histogram for decent colour balance.

similar to first part to SM photoshop tute