NOOOOOO - #%+@@*!!!!! ARRGGHH!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOOOOOO - #%+@@*!!!!! ARRGGHH!!

Default NOOOOOO - #%+@@*!!!!! ARRGGHH!!

Drinking paintwater is old news....frustrating but really not that big of a deal. See how many others have had this happen - Last nite I\'m working on a sculpture (to be disclosed soon, I hope). Putting on a final, very small, very detailed part. Worked on that little part for over an hour and finally had it looking sweet!! Hooray!! I had a little extra clay so I looked to see if there were any little flaws elsewhere on the thing that I could use it up on and found one. Turned the sculpture, worked on that part, got it done, turned the piece back around and saw that I had gripped it such that I had smashed that beautiful little gem of a part I had just spent an hour perfecting.:cussing:

Anyone else??

sg2009

i did something simular last nightlol

gets on your beres though :flame:

evrytime i sculpt mate allways happens but the worst was a mini made from sculpey spent weeks on it finaly finished it put in the oven came back wen it the alarm beeped to find the whole thing had fallen and squashed not too pleased lol

i rarely sculpt but the worst of it is finger prints. oh god i hate finger prints:evil:

Originally posted by hestan101
    i rarely sculpt but the worst of it is finger prints. oh god i hate finger prints:evil:
    Latex gloves.

It is exactly for reasons like these that I leave the sculpting to more capable hands. lol

Originally posted by Shawn R. L.
    Drinking paintwater is old news....
    Yea, but its still tasty though! lol

I\'m with ya Mattrock. I\'ll leave the sculpting to those with talent and the ability not to kill people when they screw something up. lol

I do that all the time. Do not worry my friend, you are not alone :)

Turned the sculpture, worked on that part, got it done, turned the piece back around and saw that I had gripped it such that I had smashed that beautiful little gem of a part I had just spent an hour perfecting.:cussing:

Anyone else??
    yeah. yesterday especially but i do it all the time. i never learn

Yeah definitely. Chainmail and other armour that goes around legs/arms are a personal favourite in that aspect.

Originally posted by freakinacage
    Turned the sculpture, worked on that part, got it done, turned the piece back around and saw that I had gripped it such that I had smashed that beautiful little gem of a part I had just spent an hour perfecting.:cussing:

Anyone else??
    yeah. yesterday especially but i do it all the time. i never learn
    That\'s what really frosted me. I\'ve done it SO MANY TIMES that when I saw what had happened I was frustrated that it had happened and I was frustrated that I should have known better and did it anyway.

Happens to me all the time!

-Matt

I am a profesional at destroying things I have just finished getting sculpted. so now I do a small piece and let it cure before I continue. So I have to work on multiple pieces at one so I can keep going.

I also sculped a shoulder pad for my sanguinius model, it took hours. I did not let it cure overnight before I tried make a copy (i let it cure for 2 hours) it was not enough and i had no shoulder pad and no copy when I was done. I almost cried..

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one. I don\'t know how these guys can sit down and sculpt an entire mini and not destroy something as you go.

Been there, done that. *sigh*

Originally posted by Cocanour
    I am glad to hear that I am not the only one. I don\'t know how these guys can sit down and sculpt an entire mini and not destroy something as you go.
    They do it in stages and layers. The smug, patient gits! :P

Unbe-freakin-leable..............I was working on the same little part mentioned above, this morning............squished it again!!!!!!!!!!! This time I re-did it and immeadeately set it aside...now I hope the dog dosn\'t get it or some wierd clay eating fungus. Be just my luck!!

Unbe-freakin-leable..............I was working on the same little part mentioned above, this morning............squished it again!!!!!!!!!!! This time I re-did it and immeadeately set it aside...now I hope the dog dosn\'t get it or some wierd clay eating fungus. Be just my luck!!
    Taking all bets on if there\'ll be a fingerprint on it once it cures!

Blog Entries

You should use holy water as lubricant for your tools or something, clearly you\'ve been cursed somewhere along the way :D

This is reassuring. I thought that it was just me.

Originally posted by PegaZus
    Taking all bets on if there\'ll be a fingerprint on it once it cures!
    Lucky there\'s not a baseball bat print on it............ooooh man that pisses me off when I do it for the 54th time.
    When I debut the piece I\'ll try to remember to mention it.