GAMING OR PAINTING
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GAMING OR PAINTING

Default GAMING OR PAINTING

just wondering if gaming or paiting is genrally prefered. im guessing painting:rolleyes:

Not everyone is a painter only.

sg2009

im a painter

I\'ve started gaming recently actually. Building an Ork army for 40k. :) But mainly painting otherwise.

I only play when the minis are painted

painting isnt limited to \"do i have anyone to play against, or a day/night to set aside to game\"

which is a plus

Im a painter but I do like gaming

I play (building armies currently for both main games)

But i\'m also aiming at improving my painting and entering more competitions.

I would say though i am more of a painter than a gamer.

I love the hobby aspect a ton, but I am a GAMER BABY! Full on fanatic!

Actually I got into gaming because I am such a child at heart. I started building plastic models, loved it, but what fun is just putting them on a shelf when your done? So then I found out about mini gaming and it\'s been about 23 years and I love my hobby more and more each day.

This site has been wonderful in helping me improve my tabletop mini\'s, and maybe one day I will paint a display model but for now it\'s about 6 armies on the go!!!r

I used to play a LOT of magic the gathering, but never got into playing tabletop games. A few friends of mine that I played Magic with tried to get me into D&D, but my rolls in the character creation stage were so poor, that it was essentially pointless for me to go on, so that\'s as far as I got.
    Playted my first ever miniatures game just this summer, a game of Dungeon Dwellers at GENCON, on the boards that I made for commission. Aside from that, it\'s all about the painting and building scenery.

Originally posted by Theomar Pius
    I used to play a LOT of magic the gathering, but never got into playing tabletop games. A few friends of mine that I played Magic with tried to get me into D&D, but my rolls in the character creation stage were so poor, that it was essentially pointless for me to go on, so that\'s as far as I got.
    Playted my first ever miniatures game just this summer, a game of Dungeon Dwellers at GENCON, on the boards that I made for commission. Aside from that, it\'s all about the painting and building scenery.
    It is an absolute CRIME you don\'t play with your scenery! It\'s beautiful and it breaks my heart to hear you don\'t \"throw down\" on those mini worlds you make.....

I paint mostly and game when I can

Originally posted by ScottRadom
    Originally posted by Theomar Pius
    It is an absolute CRIME you don\'t play with your scenery! It\'s beautiful and it breaks my heart to hear you don\'t \"throw down\" on those mini worlds you make.....
    Someday I\'ll game on them. Truth is I can build 5-10 buildings and come up with a years worth of work with the same money it would cost to buy one regiment of GW minis.

I\'ve always thought of myself as a gamer, first, but since I started playing tabletop wargames (Warmachine, Hordes, and D&D with minis) I\'ve been doing more and more painting, because it\'s just more fun to have painted minis on the table.

Originally posted by BarstoolProphet
    I\'ve always thought of myself as a gamer, first, but since I started playing tabletop wargames (Warmachine, Hordes, and D&D with minis) I\'ve been doing more and more painting, because it\'s just more fun to have painted minis on the table.
    Ditto. Best painted army always wins! :D

Primarily a gamer. Not so much a painter as a \"collector\" of what I think looks nice.

I just really haven\'t painted anything in years. Sad really.

I really suck at gaming. I am merely mediocre at painting.

I voted halfway between \"painting\" and \"a little of both\" since I paint at least 75% of time.

Now, I would say both, but as I\'m really, really slow at painting, and I just can\'t seem to limit myself to paint a \"tabletop\" standard for my armies, I am probably mostly a gamer. Not that I don\'t paint, it\'s just none of my armies are painted. I do agree that painted armies are better (well, not always, with some that I\'ve seen :no:) I\'d never get a game if I had to actually have my army painted. lol

Originally posted by Roger Bunting
    Now, I would say both, but as I\'m really, really slow at painting, and I just can\'t seem to limit myself to paint a \"tabletop\" standard for my armies, I am probably mostly a gamer. Not that I don\'t paint, it\'s just none of my armies are painted. I do agree that painted armies are better (well, not always, with some that I\'ve seen :no:) I\'d never get a game if I had to actually have my army painted. lol
    maybe too busy posting on cmon mr. 4000 posts ;)

gaming is fun but requires so much space, time, and resources

[/quote]

Ditto. Best painted army always wins! :D [/quote]

I wish this actually were the case! From my experience the dude who has been fielding the same army primed in 3 different colors of primer will always win.

The new model you\'re fielding that represents the pinnacle of your skills and abilities, the one you\'ve toiled over in anticipation of the \"ooh\'s and ah\'s\" will always die on the first turn of the game. Usually to the other guys cannon that is only primed, and the primer the guy used was discontinued 5 years ago. It just seems to be one of those gaming rules that I\'ve come across.

I\'m not bitter! I\'m not bitter. I\'m not bitter?

We used to actually play with the rule that a painted unit got a +1 morale bonus. It was mainly put in place to encourage us slow painters to actually paint our armies.

I\'m with Roger, I\'ve been painting the same Orc and Goblin army for 25 years now, and I still don\'t think I can field a legal painted army.

I chose gaming, though I missed the a bit of both option. Since I do sometimes pick up minis just to paint them (the Fairy Meat minis I\'ve been entering into local art shows for example).