For those of us that like to dance when no one is home! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For those of us that like to dance when no one is home!

You\'re the bunting, maybe more than a hotel room ting lol

@bill: i have all the doom albums you mentioned bar take me to your leader but i have his other viktor vaughn album and the special herbs box set. The MM Food album is cool, got mine in the silver foil packet when it was re-released. Its strange because everything he has released i love.

I like the track he did with the RZA, and him and Ghostface have worked together a little, and some people have remixed DOOM and GZA.

But a DOOM WTC collab album would be awesome. Heard him and ghost were doing an album together but that the project stalled.

Madvillainy 2 will be sweet, there\'s also a remixed special edition madvillain with the original some vinyl a tee a special box and a remixed (new madlib beats) madvillain but its around $160.

Its always good to see a thread that brings out similar interests from fellow members

Originally posted by Necroghast
    I like Nu-Metal sort of rap (Linkin Park and stuff) but I don\'t really like plain old rap.
    One of the few metal/rap groups I liked was basically a one hit wonder Varga. They had a minor hit with a song Greed. Not quite a \'rap-ish\' but still cool.

Here\'s a more rap sort of thing they did - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEuvT83C8ik

This is the tune they did that\'s not rap but cool/grindy/pounding - Greed - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTZUn...eature=related

for me, the best rap/metal combo was rage against the machine...especially when they were still a garage band playin\' college parties...they could blow the walls off a house!!!

cheers
    jah

I used to hate rap too but Jah is right, good rap does exist. It\'s just very hard to find.

I\'ve always loved metal but most of it is rubbish too. Actually that might be the case with most styles of music. 90% useless crap and 10% of good stuff.

Excluding Nu-metal of which 99% is horrible waste of time.

I can recall one good rap+metal combo and it\'s actually one of the first of it\'s kind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSPeg5Nw9Tk

Originally posted by Hands of blueI\'ve always loved metal but most of it is rubbish too. Actually that might be the case with most styles of music. 90% useless crap and 10% of good stuff.
    Personally I think that 100% of music out in resent years is complete crap. Rihanna, lil wayne, miley cyrus (if her name is spelled wrong I do not care), soulja boy (especially), etc. It is all crap. Music nowadays is not for The Fans, it is product spewed from producers to bring them revenue.

you got it jah, rage kicks ass. I\'m more into stuff like Tool, Smashing pumpkins, Pearl jam...and of course classic rock as well.

what people need to remember is that for every one good artist or band, hundreds will get churned out by people who just copy and the record companies.

music is no longer a release or a message (sometimes both)
    it is a comodity that people are told to buy (just look at the amount of money spent on music advertising)

Jah is bang on about the underground scene.
    that\'s where you will find the real music and talent, until it gets arse raped by the music execs like all of the times before.

Originally posted by Aliengod3
    Originally posted by Hands of blueI\'ve always loved metal but most of it is rubbish too. Actually that might be the case with most styles of music. 90% useless crap and 10% of good stuff.
    Personally I think that 100% of music out in resent years is complete crap. Rihanna, lil wayne, miley cyrus (if her name is spelled wrong I do not care), soulja boy (especially), etc. It is all crap. Music nowadays is not for The Fans, it is product spewed from producers to bring them revenue.
    I believe those people you mentioned are some hot Mtv stars? To find good music you have to go far from Mtv and hit charts.

It\'s easy to think that all new bands do music just for money. Because bands that do so are usually the bands that you see every day and everywhere. But the underground scene is huge and if you can\'t find good stuff there there\'s probably something wrong with your taste of music.

There\'s something for everyone, you just have to find it.

hahaha...i should become a music critic...
    usually my posts are thread killers...

@recoil: if ya like tool and rage, check out a band from the 90\'s called helmet...those guys rocked...serious music school types playin\' some of the tightest, hardest, stuff out at the time...i saw \'em play in a little house in l.a., and they blew my ears off!!!

cheers
    jah