For those of us that like to dance when no one is home! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For those of us that like to dance when no one is home!

Retards
    Attempting
    Poetry
    lollollol

i\'ve been listenin\' to rap since the early eighties, when it was only on a.m. radio, and run-dmc was the hot shit...
    over the years i\'ve come across a lot of crews who aren\'t worth the wax, but some hip-hop is mindblowin\'...
    talib kwali, the roots, digable planets, gangstar, mos def, and others don\'t disrespect women...just the opposite actually...
    mixin\' old jazz, funk, and soul into the tracks...good shit...

it is a bitch to try and wade through 95% of the shit to get to the 5% that\'s gold...

westcoast g-funk \'til i die!!!

cheers
    jah

<Mick Dundee voice>
    That ain\'t rap ...

THIS is rap lol

Here\'s some rap that I will listen to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4jY9S-dcUQ

-Matt

Originally posted by jahminis
    it is a bitch to try and wade through 95% of the shit to get to the 5% that\'s gold...
    While there is truth in what you are saying I\'ll pass on the wading.

I find I\'m unable to listen to rap for more than a few moments.

Nice one Matt, that guy\'s very good :) I\'ve always wondered who it was on Clint Eastwood.

I recommend MF Doom and his various aliases, Viktor Vaughn and Madvillain (with Madlib) being the better ones in my opinion.

De La Soul, Public Enemy and Wu-Tang Clan (GZA/Genius\' Liquid Swords is especially worth checking out) are also very good.

You people who don\'t like rap need to listen some of the good stuff!

Originally posted by airhead
    Retards
    Attempting
    Poetry
    I love comment like this one. It reminds me of public school.

@Bill: Stop listening to the same music is I do. I have noticed it for some threads now. Just stop it okay. lol

The Roots - Rising Up

The song I\'m dancing to when I\'m home alone at the moment! :)

Originally posted by Avelorn
    @Bill: Stop listening to the same music is I do. I have noticed it for some threads now. Just stop it okay. lol
    lol I remember when I first joined this site I was pleased to find someone else who listened to Sufjan Stevens! Roots is sounding pretty good...

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    While there is truth in what you are saying I\'ll pass on the wading.
    I find I\'m unable to listen to rap for more than a few moments.

i hear that...
    i would not actually like to wade through the crap myself...
    i\'ve grown up in the l.a. street culture, so hip-hop has always surrounded me...the good stuff kinda soaks in through osmosis...the bad stuff just gets tuned out...
    i do appreciate the progression of \"black\" music, from jazz in the 20\'s, to blues in the 40\'s, to rock and roll in the 50\'s, to soul in the 60\'s, funk and reggae in the 70\'s, to rap in the 80\'s, to dancehall reggae in the 90\'s, to reggaeton now...
    it\'s a cool evolution to be a part of...

that said, there are a lot of other genres and styles that also grab me...

personally, i can\'t stand classical, opera, country, techno, trance, and a few other genres, so it\'s horses for courses innit...

cheers
    jah

I cannot stand reggaeton. That sounds like throw up in a can.

some of the stuff outta puerto rico is pretty hot bro...especially the salsa and fania samples...
    the ladies at the club like it, and when your livin\' in the 3rd world, ya can\'t hate hot latin girls grindin\' on ya:D...

cheers
    jah

personally, i can\'t stand classical, opera, country, techno, trance, and a few other genres, so it\'s horses for courses innit...
    Completely understand that, Jah.
    I was raised listening to the BBC prior to the advent of Pop Music stations so my original musical exposure was always Classical and \"refined\" singing.
    Fortunately I was at School during the 60\'s & 70\'s so the ERA of POP rubbed off. :D
    Never really got into Heavy Metal music or or Hard Rock back then, or even Reggae when Marley was \"Discovered\" by radio jocks. However I\'ve grown to like bands like Lacuna Coil and Evernescence and am \"comfortable\" with Reggae.
    On the other hand Techno, Trance and Hip-Hop aren\'t \"listening music\" to me they are completely Dance.

RAP sadly is a one line issue, heard once, don\'t need to hear it again.

Completely understand that, Jah.
    I was raised listening to the BBC prior to the advent of Pop Music stations so my original musical exposure was always Classical and \"refined\" singing.
    Fortunately I was at School during the 60\'s & 70\'s so the ERA of POP rubbed off. :D
    Never really got into Heavy Metal music or or Hard Rock back then, or even Reggae when Marley was \"Discovered\" by radio jocks. However I\'ve grown to like bands like Lacuna Coil and Evernescence and am \"comfortable\" with Reggae.
    On the other hand Techno, Trance and Hip-Hop aren\'t \"listening music\" to me they are completely Dance.

Lacuna Coil! That makes two of us. I heard \"Swamped\" once and fell in love with it. Good stuff.

Maybe this will be more to your taste :D
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aR8qtxts1jY

Originally posted by Bill
    Maybe this will be more to your taste :D
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aR8qtxts1jY
    More comedy from 50% of Darth Maul.

I love it when rap comes up in a debate. Because usually people are super quick to say its noise and shit and offensive and crap, but if a rap/hip hop fan makes a similar comment on another genre of music then they are narrow minded.

As a few said, each person will like a genre and we each should respect the persons taste.

Still good looks to Bill for liking one of my fav artists MF DOOM (and aliases) managed ot get a rare operation doomsday super cheap (£70 on amazon)

The finest

And avelorn with the roots also cool, kweli, mos def and common also good music.

Rising down

Always repping the WTC as bill mentioned GZA\'s liquid swords amazing.

New Genius

Nas, Rakim, Big L. Worth checking out for their technique and skill on a mic

Dead Presidents Move to about 1.27 in

Ny state of mind

Newer stuff i like Cool Kids are pretty fun, Immortal technique, Ice cube is still relevent as hell (one of few MC\'s saying something)

I like Nu-Metal sort of rap (Linkin Park and stuff) but I don\'t really like plain old rap. I mostly listen to much heavier metal stuff (Nile, Bolt Thrower,Amon Amarth, Caliban...)
    And Bill, what WAS that clip? It was funny.

It\'s from Look Around You 2, one of the best comedy series ever! The show is basically a parody of 70s TV shows like Tomorrow\'s World.

Cleezy: good stuff :] I\'ve got the reissued Operation: Doomsday, Vaudeville Villain, Madvillainy, MM.. FOOD, Take Me To Your Leader and The Mouse And The Mask. The first three of those are the best IMO. I also have a preview track from Madvillainy 2 on Peanut Butter Wolf Presents Chrome Children which is really good. The guy\'s a genius! Not even Wu-Tang stuff really compares to him. I\'m trying to get some KMD now.

Another to check out is Roots Manuva. His new album Slime and Reason is awesome, as is his early stuff. And if you like a bit of grime, Dizzee Rascal is well worth a listen :D

Aye, I\'ve got some Roots Manuva and Dizzee Rascal.