Not Happy At All.... Paying USD into Brit Bank..

Thread: Not Happy At All.... Paying USD into Brit Bank..

Default Not Happy At All.... Paying USD into Brit Bank..

So ive recently been doing a commission for this guy in the US, now i just found out that my bank will most likly charge me to put this money into my bank account, now i wouldnt mind if its was a large cheque, but for a £25 cheque where the charge is nearlly the same price as the cash, i\'m a little upset. Does anybody know of a way round this redicules charge?

Alex

no, I don\'t know any way around it but, dang. That stinks! There should be some kind of rule against that...

wotever u do NEVER transfer money from international accounts to ur account or transfer it via cheque, u will get the arse raped off u in fees! happened to me once, ended up 50 quid down! my bank charged me and then her bank charged me!:cussing:

id paypal or similar method, ull get charged fees, but their a hell of alot smaller than ur banks :drunk:

Maybe try one of those cash your cheques here kinda places, where they will charge you a bit for the service but will give you cash.

Or get rid of the cheque an then contact your client

I\'d do the paypal thing, possibly with a credit card. If I remember right based on our Japan trip this last summer, I think the fee for getting yen with a $ card was 5%. And that was cheaper than changing money at a bank.

THe problem i have is i am under 18 and therfore cannont \"legally\" have a paypal account (although i do have one) i am not sure that it works because of the type of account that i have.

Alex

Basically its the only way except cash that i can get the money which blows.

Shouldn\'t matter your age if you have a paypal account. It should still transfer over without a problem but i would always check with paypal first to save yourself nasty suprises.

i would get someone to set up paypal or you. i got screwed by a cheque. the only time i did something for a fella in america.£15 cheque and had to pay £9 to bloody cash it. bastards

Originally posted by Onis Lair
    Shouldn\'t matter your age if you have a paypal account. It should still transfer over without a problem but i would always check with paypal first to save yourself nasty suprises.
    The problem is linking my bank card to the papal because it is an under 18 account. I think i will pay a trip to my bank before trying to cash it and if not i will sort out an alternative payment method.

Alex

Another idea: You could always barter. Instead of him sending a cheque, maybe send over some minis? Maybe something not readily available there, but easily acquired here.

Originally posted by alextheartist
    Originally posted by Onis Lair
    The problem is linking my bank card to the papal because it is an under 18 account. I think i will pay a trip to my bank before trying to cash it and if not i will sort out an alternative payment method.

Alex
    In order to transfer money to your bank account you shouldn\'t need to link your card, just the account which shouldn\'t be an issue.

-T-

how about asking your parents to set up a Paypal account? I\'m sure you can trust them to handle the money for you and you can get your own account when you turn 18.

Has the guy sent you the cheque yet? If not you could ask him if he has a Paypal account and get him to send the payment via one of your friends or relatives.

first of all, you need to be 18 to enter into a contract without your parents consent. they have to sighn it as your acting guardians.

worth bering in mind in the future as if things go tits up for you you won\'t have a leg to stand on.

secondly, do not accept checks in foreighn currency, it realy isn\'t worth the charges and risk of the person canceling it before you bank it.
    use a paypal account, the charges are far less, and then transfer it directly from their to your bank account.