An Open Challenge to Harbinger Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Open Challenge to Harbinger Magazine

Default An Open Challenge to Harbinger Magazine

To every one else in this forum I apologize for wasting your time and to the Moderators, Please don\'t let this get me banned, but I have a serious problem I need to get off my chest.
    To the individuals behind Harbinger Magazine Listen up!! I have contacted your company under the email adress of my forum name at least 4 times over the past two weeks concerning my subscription. I have yet to get an issue on time. Atleast every issue has been 2-3 weeks late. I have inquired about canceling my subscription and have had no e-mail returned, save for a response from \"Alex\" who siad he would pass it on to the person in charge. Well that was 3 weeks ago. The 3rd issue is already out and as usualy I have yet to recive it. This is just plain bad business.
    I would like a PM from whoever is in charge or an e-mail on my Yahoo account to discuss this situation. Seing as How you feel the need to pimp your magazine on this forum, I to must pimp my problems about your mag on the Forum!

I\'m surprised that you\'ve had poor service. In the last few weeks I\'ve had nothing but positive results from the folks at Harbinger. Back issues arrived in about a week (amazing since i\'m in the US) and I\'ve had numerous email responses. Keep trying...the magazine is worth the effort.

Default I have gotten two of the three issues.

And I have nothing but praise. I get mine within two weeks of the release date out and I live in south korea. That\'s the same time it takes stuff to get to me from the states.They did forget my back ordered first issue. But I got it in the mail today. About two weeks after they told me they sent it. Kep trying. I think you\'ll be glad you did.:):bouncy::)

Since we\'re complaining here (sorry to piggyback) I just wanted to post a concern. I got my last issue very late, but that in and of itself didn\'t bother me (I subscribed more because I didn\'t think I\'d be able to find it out here and for the minis). But the reason I got it late was because the original packaging was destroyed and the post office had to repackage it (also the magazine itself was a little beat up with a rip on the back). I don\'t know if I am just really unlucky or what, but I think they need to look into how they package their magazine. I don\'t know if this is a common occurence or I am just unlucky, but I wanted to bring it to Harbinger\'s attention.
    --Katie G.

I think that in the US you can expect to get issues far after they arrive in Europe. It takes a while to get them over here and if they had to air mail everything the subscription costs would be prohibative! I have received 2 of the 3 issues so far and I find that once I see people posting comments about an issue in Europe, it takes about 2-3 weeks for it to get into my hands in the US. Be patient, it is worth the wait! I also heard that when issue 2 was trying to ship there was a postal strike in the UK for a few days, that didn\'t help. In the US we have become way to used to instant gratification! This mag is not produced here and a little bit of a wait doesn\'t hurt.

If you don\'t receive issues at all, that\'s a BIG problem and must be rectified but realize there is no way they can afford to expedite these mags through the mail system and make a single dime, and let\'s face it if, they can\'t make a profit this cool publication won\'t be around for long. I would assume they have to use publication/ printed matter rates, and the US Postal System does not put a huge priority on that class. They sort of get them there when they can, there isn\'t a real schedule.

So give Harbinger a break, there are certain forces at play here that they have no control over. I for one am willing to wait and willing to support the miniature hobby to insure that there are always new miniatures coming out that I can go out and spend too much of my money on!:cool:

Originally posted by KatieG
    But the reason I got it late was because the original packaging was destroyed and the post office had to repackage it (also the magazine itself was a little beat up with a rip on the back).
    I received issue 2 with a large whole in the envelope and the bonus figure missing. Fortunately the magazine was in one piece and I\'ve since had the missing figure replaced (and I\'m very happy with Harbinger\'s prompt attention to the matter; had it within a week), but I don\'t think it\'s an isolated problem.

Sturmhalo

Personally I can\'t comment on individual cases as I don\'t deal with that side of things (I\'m just a lacky). But as has been said, it can take a while for mail to get to its destination. You\'ve got a lot of factors to bear in mind. Folks in the UK should get their copies pretty damn quick, but if you live in Europe, the US, or any other part of the world, you might have to wait a bit longer.

Personaly the only problem I\'ve got with Harbinger, is my dog. She can get very territorial over anything coming through the letterbox.

To Beowulf: While I sympathise with the problem you\'ve got I think that you basically have two issues:-
    1) Postage from the UK to the US is crap! Our own postal service was once the best in the world. Now It\'s struggling to meet it\'s own self imposed delivery schedules. I beileve that the US Postal service is somewhat bigger that the UK\'s so perhaps their problems are increased exponentially.
    2) The Email issue may be down to, too few staff trying to do too much. Therefore they may missing out, or delaying the problems that they want to put specific attention too. (That has happened within my own department and I have had to clean up the resultant mess in the past.)

I would suggest that you don\'t give up just yet. Any new venture will have teething troubles. Your\'s while understandably distressing and annoying may be the trough of your subscription. ;)
    Regards; Mike.

I too have regestered my concerns about the delivery dates, but i\'m not quite ready to give up yet.
    A couple of things to keep in mind beyond whats already been said is:

This is a fledgling magazine brought to us by a grassroots company. They are just getting their legs under them.

Also they DO know about the mailing situation and according to a few of my emails are trying to address the situation. As the company is in the UK and many of us are elsewhere in the world it takes awhile to to find good international delivery systems while still keeping the cost at a minimum. the Grassroots situation just compounds this issue as they really dont have the \"networking\" contacts larger buisinesses have.
    As far as customer contact is concerned, they, admittedly could do alot better in this department also. Good customer contact and satisfaction is what you build your base on.
    But again, I think this magazine got a bit larger than they expected for a first publication and the empoyee support is being put into other areas. I think they will work on this issue as well.

I suggest that you give them at least a year to get themselves situated in a way that will deliver the magazines in a more timely manner and also to judge just how much manpower is going to be needed to support the magazine yet still keep a good profit margin.

After all, its not like your not getting them.. its just a little slow. :cool:

If after a year, things have not improved, or have not shown any movement toward better deliveries then I too will question my subscription.
    But so long as I see a gradual improvement and keep in mind the situation they are in, I will continue to support the magazine.
    I myself wish them good luck on this venture!
    :D

Default patience is the key....

I don\'t mind waiting for the mag at all.

The only thing that bugs me is those darn UK posters always get their issues first, and then brag about it on the forums!!

Then us Rest of the World readers have to avoid that particular thread because we don\'t want any spoilers, but after a few days we read it anyhow, because we can\'t take it anymore......

yup thats what I hate.... lollol

GarnetJubilee

Originally posted by KatieG
    the reason I got it late was because the original packaging was destroyed and the post office had to repackage it (also the magazine itself was a little beat up with a rip on the back). I don\'t know if I am just really unlucky or what, but I think they need to look into how they package their magazine. I don\'t know if this is a common occurence or I am just unlucky, but I wanted to bring it to Harbinger\'s attention.
    This has happened to me! Well, my envelope has been beat up and has had holes in the edges and corners both times (I haven\'t received issue 3 yet). So far no miniature has gone missing and the magazine itself hasn\'t suffered. I did email the people at Harbinger about it (sales, I think). I don\'t remember if they responded (probably means they didn\'t or the response was vague so I forgot it).

I also mentioned the problem in a forum and Uncle Hex said he\'d bring it to someone\'s attention. Never followed up on it or heard about it though.

I suggest you and anyone else who\'s had this problem let them know. They can\'t very well fix a problem if they don\'t know it is one. :)

Well the situation has been rectified and I have had my subscription refunded, prorated for the two late issues i did recive. But what I did find laughable is they charged me for the issues, and shippinf of the miniatures...which came with the issue!!! What a crock.

Originally posted by GarnetJubilee
    I also mentioned the problem in a forum and Uncle Hex said he\'d bring it to someone\'s attention. Never followed up on it or heard about it though.
    The Harbinger staff are aware of the situation concerning packaging, so rest assured on that front :) .
    Originally posted by beowulfthehunter
    But what I did find laughable is they charged me for the issues, and shipping of the miniatures...which came with the issue!!! What a crock.
    But on the other hand; you did get to keep the Harbinger of Vengeance which is a subscription only piece (even if you did have to pay p&p), so you came out on top! :).

kevd82

Nothing personal here, but as someone who runs two fitness centers and deals with bizarre ideas of customer service all the time, I have to wonder how it is \"a crock\" that you were expected to pay for goods you had received?

Default Patience is a virtue

Originally posted by beowulfthehunter
    Well the situation has been rectified and I have had my subscription refunded, prorated for the two late issues i did recive. But what I did find laughable is they charged me for the issues, and shippinf of the miniatures...which came with the issue!!! What a crock.
    So now are you happy? - I think the mag is getting better issue by issue and would rather have it late than not have it at all!

I have the advantage that being in the UK it arrives (pretty much) on time and is available in shops locally (which was useful as I dropped issue three in the bath!!!).

Also as Kevd82 says why on earth do you expect something for nothing?

It was not that I expected somehting for nothing, but I felt the fact that I was charged for something that was to have been free with my subscription. But enough. Life honeslty is too short. Let the matter rest and let us all go and complain about score snipling and comment on the camelon known as Tujjibe (sp?)

kevd82

Gotcha Beowulfthehunter - your previous comment just sounded like you thought you shouldn\'t have to pay for the issues you had.

I have taken a vow to not discuss sn****g anymore, but I\'ll go look for a thread about Tuubje and move away from this topic too... lol

Supervike: The only thing that bugs me is those darn UK posters always get their issues first, and then brag about it on the forums!!
    I don\'t see a down side to this ;) it\'s about time the UK had something before the US as you always get the GW releases ahead of the UK! (Besides it\'s a UK company and we\'re proud of it! Go Harbinger)

Nomis:I dropped issue 3 in the bath!
    *Shudders* What were you doing? or shouldn\'t I ask? *shudders again*;)

[
    Nomis:I dropped issue 3 in the bath!
    *Shudders* What were you doing? or shouldn\'t I ask? *shudders again*;)
    [/quote]

Long day, big meal with generous amounts of beer to wash it down - relaxing bath with a good read- result instant sleep - at least that my story:rolleyes: