ME18 - Miniature Exchange #18 - FINAL LIST ON PAGE 4 - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ME18 - Miniature Exchange #18 - FINAL LIST ON PAGE 4

Originally posted by cybersquig
    well reading what some others on here are sending I\'d like to apologise for such a small package.
    A man should neved apologise for a small package.

No one here would be upset at recieving two minis as its all that is expected.

Its the suprise that makes ME so much fun not the volume.

In other words, its not the size but what you do with it that counts.

rev

Not had an address reply from my reciever yet:(

Squig

sg2009

@ cybersquig

dont worry about only sending two minis mate !!!

i love the bundel because of the challenge mainly i thought that was a good idea and as for the minis there both quality minis so im not complaining :beer:

Originally posted by digital13jw
    Sorry, Wingz I will send anouther package, This being my first Exchange I did not really know what to do, I\'ll get something elese out to you this week.

Originally posted by WingZ
    I got my package from Digital13jw today.. I must say it was a bit of a disappointment .
    I got a an old single pose Space Marine & a prepainted D&D mini.. Does anyone know how to strip these things?
    :redface:
    Good on you sir!:D It\'s nice to know it was just down to not having participated before and not that you\'re a mini miser.

Spread the mini love :flip:

@ Byronic: I was hoping this guy would get some attention, I really think the kommandos are great models and he\'s loking luvverly. Just one thing, did I send the backpack? If so I assume you are leaving it off (which I would hae done tbh)?

Got minis together to ship, will hopefully get them out to the Post tonight, if not then by tomorrow.

I always send more then two but that\'s because I am trying to thin the heard. I get upset if I get more then I sent as it means I am ending up with more minis overall then less. I have litteraly thousands of minis, potentially tens of thousands, though I have never counted. I am using mini exchange to get that count down, as well as inpsiration to paint more often myself.

Originally posted by PegaZus
    Got home from Turkey Day visits (three f\'n hours to get through Colorado Springs :mad: ) and had a package from Khasmo. He can be unflagged and Crestion du Sable can send.

I\'ll put up pictures later, as the camera is still packed, but got a scenic base, a sprue of shields \'n\' bits, a Reaper battleguard golem, a female wizard warrior?, a dwarf warrior, a dwarf elder?, and a... uh, a, uh, ... hmm... boxing hyena? lol
    LOL It does look like a boxing hyena. It\'s a Grenadier werewolf from the Dungeon Monster starter set. The \"boxing\" pose was a popular look for monster back then I guess.
    The female caster is Reaper 3034: Ava, Female Wizard

I theink the other 2 are also grenadier minis. not sure what set though.

Originally posted by sg2009
    @ cybersquig

dont worry about only sending two minis mate !!!

i love the bundel because of the challenge mainly i thought that was a good idea and as for the minis there both quality minis so im not complaining :beer:
    well I\'m pleased :D maybe another youngbloods entry? ;)

I don\'t know if you\'re still eligible...maybe single mini if not. Given the package I\'m thinking a duel would be out of the question ;)

Enjoy!

Blog Entries

Now I am starting to wonder if starchaser has heard from gapow. I still haven\'t heard anything from pabloescobar or gapow. I would hate for starchaser to get the short end of the stick on the first ME.

Just wanted to say: I got minis from Matt yesterday, will try to take some pics later... gonna go down and have my birthday dinner right now so we\'ll see if I get the time later on.

Cheers everybody! :beer::beer::drunk:

got my package today from gapow nice little package.
    lotr elf-------GW
    Dark Eldar --------GW i think
    scout or comando -------?
    elf marauder --------?
    Rackham mini- Clone of Dirz --- i realy like that one:)
    thanks gapow great package

Well Here\'s what Roger sent:

What looks like some kind of demilancer (on the horse), two minis which look to be a Shadowrun street samurai and wage mage, a couple of real samurai (Dixon minis?) an old space ork trooper and my favourite from the bunch; Manfred from the Heroic Fighters of the Known World box set. I\'m sure that guy was on one of the combat cards but I can\'t fid my fighters deck to check.

Cheers Roger :D

Yep, those are Shadowrun figures and the samurai are indeed Dixon minis. I can\'t tell you the manufacturer of the cavalry dude. It was from a shop in York back in about 1985. He has a crossbow for those who want to know what he\'s supposed to be holding in his right hand.

Package Shipped off. Hopefully won\'t take nearly as long to get to the US as it did to get to the UK. Maybe next time I should consider a trip accross the border and actually mail it from the States. Plus that will give me a chance to hit a Kroger and pick up some of the wonderful food they don\'t sell over here.

If I can ever capture the camera back from my wife I will get pics of what ScotRadom shipped.

In text, 4 blisters of minis. An Emperors Champion, LotR Ringwraiths (Castellans of Dol Guldur), Aritan U.S Airborn Command and a Flames of War Thank mini I seem to have misplaced so I can\'t verify the name. ... there it is Panzer Mk 4.

Overall some rather sweet stuff and the Military stuff I would have never picked out myself, so some cool challenges.

On another note I finally started minis from ME 16 and 17. I have a skinned (aka skin painted) Frost Giant and an Anime Chick Primed and ready to paint. I\'m almost catching up.

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Shipped out to Trevor today and low and behold.....my package from Reverend was waiting for me! I\'ll post pics when I get home but the one he painted for me from a prior exchange where I had him is beautiful! And a bishop too! Perfect for his on-line name! I\'ve so pleased with it! Thanks Reverend! :kiss:

Dont get me wrong .. I was not disappointed because the package was small.. I was disappointed because one was a prepaint & the other was bland. I do the ME in the hopes of getting the opportunity to paint something Ive never would before. So basically what Im getting at is dont send something unless its something youd like to get in return. I dont want this to sound like Im trying to trash my ME partner in any way... So yeah .. umm thanks for the offer to send out more minis but its not necessary..

what is a realistic time for a small package to go UK to USA before i start to wonder if it is lost. Package posted 21 November..:(

Originally posted by painterboyroy
    what is a realistic time for a small package to go UK to USA before i start to wonder if it is lost. Package posted 21 November..:(
    The bad news? Depending on level of service, and based on going the other way, anywhere from five days to three weeks. And do remember that they didn\'t do anything on the 27th (Thanksgiving holiday), nor the 30th (Sunday). The good news? Much too early yet to be worrying. :beer:

Originally posted by painterboyroy
    if it\'s anything like postage the other way it can be very sporadic, between 1 week and 6 :S

What type of posting did you opt for?

Anyone else started their minis? Post \'em up!

Finally managed a picture of what Khasmo sent:

I\'m halfway tempted to sculpt up a couple of boxing gloves and some trunks for the werewolf. The two dwarves? Probably needs a bar scene with a spilled/busted beer keg. The mage... had to bribe the 6yo with a mermaid figure instead to keep it in my hands. The golem I was going to try to put on the base that was sent, but the stance is too big for the base. Thinking maybe make him a rusty golem, maybe waiting for a girl and a scarecrow to come along. lol