ME18 - Miniature Exchange #18 - FINAL LIST ON PAGE 4
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ME18 - Miniature Exchange #18 - FINAL LIST ON PAGE 4

Default ME18 - Miniature Exchange #18 - FINAL LIST ON PAGE 4

HOW TO SIGN UP
    Reply to this thread, after you’ve read the rules and understand them, with your location and shipping preference in the following format:

ZapotekE - Sweden - anywhere
    or
    Sweden - anywhere

... AND send a PM (Private Message) to me with your e-mail adress, this is a NEW RULE I have added to make sure I know how to reach each and anyone when there are problems of any sort. These adresses will stay with me and not be spread and will only be used when necessary. This is only if you haven\'t participated earlier.

I will add you to the list using your displayed user name. Your location is the country in which you wish the miniatures shipped. Shipping preference is used to identify people who choose not to ship outside of their country of origin – if you are willing to ship worldwide please list “anywhere” as your preference.

Miniature Exchange #18 – Just starting to get old enough!

TJeffers started this up in 2004 as he came to notice that he had more miniatures laying around in his drawers (not pants) than he could possibly paint and what once might have inspired him certainly didn\'t any longer. To give these old miniatures new life he hatched the idea for an exchange program. Modderrhu picked up the reins to keep things going, at ME10 mrJustin jumped in to the mix and later somewhere in between ME12 and 13 I (ZapotekE) picked up the torch. We just won’t let this thing die.

THE GENERAL IDEA
    Essentially a group of us get together from all over the world, dig through our piles of goodies, and ship off two miniatures that we\'re interested in seeing someone else paint. You, in turn, wait for a package from another individual with miniatures that you are supposed to paint as well.

So, basically, what happens is that you put your name down for the exchange and then when the sign-up period is over, all the names will be dumped into a hat to be drawn out randomly. The first name drawn gets to send their unloved miniatures to the second person, the second person sends to the third, and so on. At the end, the last person sends to the first. Instead of being a direct one-to-one exchange, we follow the order in which the names are drawn.

THE TIMETABLE
    We do this thing every three months, and here is the calendar that is currently in use. The exchange begins on a Monday (*) and the list should be up before the end of that day.

Sign up.................................Start exchange......................Official end
    (ME17 August 15…………September 8* ………………November 16)

ME18 October 24..…………November 17* …………...January 25 (2009)

ME19 January 9……………January 26* ……………Mars 22

ME20 Mars 6…………………Mars 23……………………May 24

Each exchange last for roughly 16 weeks. The three-week sign-up period overlaps with the previous exchange. This means you should have (give or take) 10 weeks with the minis to paint them. Tell a friend to join in as well - new participants are always welcome!

THESE BE THE RULES
    1)
    You must send at least one miniature, but two is the standard - just in case the person hates the first one. YOU WILL NOT GET THESE BACK, so make sure you don\'t send anything you still want. There has been a tendency to send more than two miniatures. This is acceptable but not to be expected. The rule is one, preferably two. This is not a generosity contest.

2) All miniatures must be in an untouched state. Basically, send it as you got it, in the condition it was when it was bought. This doesn\'t mean it has to be in a blister, however, just not mangled in any way. The minis are NOT to be painted or primed. The exception is if the minis were primed when bought, like Mithril minis. These may be exchanged since primed is their original condition. Exceptions to this rule are made by the participants and should be managed via private message.

3) If you wish to participate, you must be around. Don\'t say \'I want in\' and then disappear off the face of the Earth for a month. I\'m not saying you need to be a forum regular, but you should be checking at least this thread once per week., and check your PM’s and e-mail (if that is the way you want to be contacted).

4) If you do not hear from either your sender or sendee within one week of the exchange list being posted, then skip them! This works in both directions, so if your sender can\'t be contacted get in touch with the person who was to send to them. If they were able to get in touch with them, but you have not, then there is a problem and you should PM me. This has happened before.

I will do my best to find a new sender for anyone who suddenly find themselves out in the cold, so to speak. There is no guarantee, however, that I will be able to do so. While it is very rare for a participant to be left without miniatures it can, and has, happened on occasion.

5) First time participants, or those who are not regular CMON participants either on the forums or in the galleries, will be listed as FLAGGED. Anyone receiving miniatures from a FLAGGED participant should post to the forums when the package is received. Only when the package from a FLAGGED participant is received will the person sending to the FLAGGED member ship any miniatures. Should the FLAGGED member fail to ship miniatures out within two weeks of the commencement of the exchange then the person originally slated to ship to the FLAGGED participant will, instead, ship to the person that the FLAGGED person was intended to ship to. To make it as smoth as possible for the FLAGGED participant he/she will be teamed up with a reciver geographicly as close as possible.

6) Failure to participate after signing up for the exchange will result in being banned from future exchanges. While rule 5 is intended to protect participants from new members failing to follow through with the exchange it does not address regular CMON partipants who have, for whatever reason, not shipped miniatures to their exchange partner.

* ABOUT THE LIST
    Because of problems in the past I will not be posting the exchange list, in any form, until it is finalized. I will not copy the previous list of participants and there will be no preview. Anyone that chimes in on this thread will be expected to participate. There is no need to post an “I’m out this time” notice as we are starting with a blank list.

No version of the list will be posted until November 17th.

NOTICE: When I post the list on November 17th (Monday) I will ask that people do not ship until that Friday, November 21st. Prepare what you want to send and make contact but do not send. This will allow for error correction on the list as necessary and, hopefully, help avoid confusion as the exchange moves forward.

CHOOSING YOUR PARTNER: each exchange that I have coordinated has included requests for specific pairings. If you want to exchange miniatures with a specific CMON member I invite you to do so outside of the Mini-Exchange. ME events are random pairings. You might be paired with someone you have participated with in the past. You might be paired with someone you think smells like cheese. It doesn\'t matter. The exchange list is randomly generated in Excel and will only be changed if there is a shipping preference error - such as someone only wishing to ship within the USA being paired with a partner in the UK.

Courtesy Rule:
    When you have recived a package of minis, please do PM the sender and if you can post in the thread - if possible with a pic. It\'s allways nice to see what people recive. :)

So that\'s about it. Sign-up is open. YAY MINI EXCHANGE!

:beer:

Yes! I\'m in again!

Matt Sterbenz - USA - Anywhere

Sjakkie - The Netherlands - anywhere

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Lizcam-USA-Anywhere......woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Go go gadget mini-exchange!

Undave - UK - anywhere

squig hunter - UK - anywhere

Squig

I\'m in as always

Onis Lair - USA - North America

Blog Entries

Johnboyjjb- US - North America

Yeah, sounds good. Maybe I\'ll have a chance to paint something non gw for the first time :o) Now I think of it I don\'t even know any names of other manufacturers...

cybersquig - UK - Anywhere

woo!

Kaine - UK - anywhere, any time, any place

sg2009

sg2009-uk-anywhere

Though I\'m still two ME\'s behind in painting at least 1 mini I get each time, I\'ll sign up for this.

I\'ll say:

G.B. - Canada - Anywhere

Though you may want to keep me to North America if possible. Canada Post takes FOREVER to ship overseas. My recipiant from ME 17 still hasn\'t gotten his minis.

QuietiManes - Canada - Anywhere

I don\'t think I\'ve painted a single mini from the exchange yet, it just seems to increase my collection of mini\'s \"I\'ll NEVER get rid of because I want to paint them...eventually.\"