Things to do when imobilised..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things to do when imobilised..

Default Things to do when imobilised..

OK, I\'ve been on crutches for the last three weeks with a possible 1-3 to go, i know its not that long but I\'m pretty down at the moment but have lots of energy to use ( i normally cycle 4-6 miles a day and play lots of sport on top of that and do a very active college course). Next two weeks should be the worst, half term, then a week after i am meant to be doing a royal marines look at life course. The only thing I have planned is some painting with James (thecadian) next Tuesday but apart from that the nearest thing i have to look forward too is Christmas...

So if anybody has any good suggestions for things to do which don\'t involved tinternet or too much walking please supply..

Rant over

:D

Alex

Oh man, Have I got tips for you!

Movies, movies and more movies. Go get stocked up! Are you a comic fan.... I got loads of reccomendations. How about reading (Stay away from Lovecraft!).

How about video games, I can not say enough good things about getting together and rock banding. How about writing, why not start the great {nationality here} novel.

Paint, paint and more paint. Learn a language, like Klingon or something that is great to yell at people when drunk (I have always liked the sound of getting yelled at in German, the problem sounds even worse then it probably is!).

Man, the possibilites excite me. I could really go with getting immobilized for a year or two. Or at least until my kids start crapping on the toilet. Just learn to enjoy the good old world of not moving. Just remember, What would Jabba the Hutt do?

Well, for a start, Jabba would have princess Leia on a chain and wearing nothing more than two saucepan lids and a chainmail hanky... I guess if you\'ve got that, you don\'t need to move! lol

Originally posted by Amazon warrior
    Well, for a start, Jabba would have princess Leia on a chain and wearing nothing more than two saucepan lids and a chainmail hanky... I guess if you\'ve got that, you don\'t need to move! lol
    Yeah Leia was okay but I think the highlight of the palace was the rancor pit. Imagine the bragging when he got that installed!

Boba Fett: \"Yeah so I just got the Pioneer 60 inch plasma with a Blu-Ray installed in Slave One.... No big deal. You should totally slide on by some time and we can check out a pod race in 1080p. Maybe you can get one if you, like, start saving up and stuff. Or maybe check online for a deal or somethin\'.\"

Jabba:\"That\'s real nice kid. Let me show you what I got put in my basement.\"

Plus Jabba had a monkey lizard. Those things CAN\'T be easy to catch! Ever tried catching a cat that didn\'t want to get caught? Man, that little monkey lizard musta went for a BUNCH!

If you\'re in a wheel chair, take up an accessibility crusade. Roll around the neighbourhood and berate any place that you can\'t get into at the top of your lungs.

Even if it\'s a place you\'d never go, in the first place (those are even better, because when you get banned, it won\'t matter).

Take up blinking in Morse Code.

Find a sympathetic soul to talk to, and then complain about how the doctor botched the amputation, and now you\'re going to be stuck going back to work when it finishes healing.

Sit somewhere public with a book about tap-dancing, and sigh a lot as you leaf through the pages.

Take up juggling.

Design yourself a new avatar, pixel by pixel.

Draw. Read. Write. Movies.

Get a good place at \'the starin\' winda\'.

Learn to walk on your hands.

Phone friends you haven\'t spoken to in way too long, and catch up. Go out for a pint with them.

When I\'m immobilised I can still shoot lascannons and stuff.

Originally posted by BarstoolProphet

Originally posted by No Such Agency
    Originally posted by BarstoolProphet
    I was actually thinking more along the lines of Grandpa Simpson, but that\'s good, too.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

get a gf;)lol

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Or a friend with benefits anyway.:twisted::drool:

Originally posted by lizcam
    Or a hand! lol

-Matt

I only got offers for after when the foot heals... :(

Being on crutches doesnt limit you massively as you can still get around and stuff, just not as easily.

Maybe go for leisurely \'crutches\' around take some pics, write some stuff while out. Though tbh its the worst possible time to be on crutches as the weather is awful so it kinda makes stuff worse.

But paint more, maybe play a game or draw some stuff.

Do you have a cast on?if not could you maybe go swimming?

I was immobile for about 6months last year and couldnt do much because my arm had shattered, i slept a lot and read about 2books a week as well as learning to write left handed.

Get yourself a few good books, some dvd\'s, set yourself a painting project, etc. I remember being on crutches (full plaster cast) around this time of year, though my stint was 12 weeks rather than the usual 6. The thing that I found was try and vary your day and it\'ll past without too much hassle. I made the mistake of getting into a routine of watching certain things on the tv and then having a nap in the afternoon. Worst thing I could have done as it was a pain to break the routine once I was out of plaster.

Also get a mug with a lid for coffee/tea/hot drink. Having to wait for somebody to bring you a drink or going out into the kitchen to drink the damn thing is a pain!

Pete

I only got offers for after when the foot heals... :(
    Girls are lazy :rolleyes: :D

How about just laying in bed?

lol

Edit:
    Sit somewhere public with a book about tap-dancing, and sigh a lot as you leaf through the pages.
    lol lol lol

My parents stopped being sympathetic the minute i dived under a cargo net and crawled to the other side, then fired of a few rounds at a target, then made a return journey.. (i made my team win though..all that matters..)

I have a cast on so that limets a few things (like getting washed ;)), i think i will sit down and finish some projects whilst watching a film this afternoon, then i might get a tap dancing book tomorrow... lol

Alex

Read some star wars novels!!! That is what I do when I need something to do but cannot go outside or paint.

Originally posted by mattsterbenz
    Or a hand! lol

-Matt
    yeah i was gonna suggest masturbation....but i decided against it as it\'s rude!! :o

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

rude??? what is this word rude??? ;):P