Saint Celestine by docitalicus!

Thread: Saint Celestine by docitalicus!

Default Saint Celestine by docitalicus!

My friend doc has done for me and for my wife Federica this marvellous mini!

http://www.coolminiornot.com/204250

It\'s incredible on my opinion it won the bronze in his category at italian golden demon!
    However it was finalist and federica and I are very very happy to add it at our little collection!

What do you think about it? :beer:

sg2009

:o lovely mini

love the whole black n white theme might give tht a try some day.

great mini :beer:

sam

I think I\'ve mised the boat on this one - what\'s all the fuss?

Many thanks, i very love it!

Here is the photo for the lazies: lol

I\'m not lazy - I posted a comment on the very piece in question. It\'s good, but not that good. Why so many 10\'s?

Originally posted by reverend
    I\'m not lazy - I posted a comment on the very piece in question. It\'s good, but not that good. Why so many 10\'s?
    \"It\'s good but not that good\"... it seems an universal judge! :rolleyes:

On my opinion is \"that good\", and also for many other painters... i hope you won\'t change our minds! lol

Originally posted by reverend
    For me why it merits a 10, or at least a 9.5 is because the fig pours out a mood and tone, it\'s evocative on many levels to me. It\'s painted to a universally top level standard, and it manages to convey all this without the primary tool of mini painters which is color. The black/white of this model helps catapult me into the moods presented by the very best of the old school art from GW. It screams Gothic at the top of it\'s angellic lungs!

I like the concept of this, the execution is flawless, and I had no problem giving it a 10/9.5. The only thing that would keep me from giving it the hallowed 10 is I think it is straight outta the box, and I usually reserve a 10 for the mini that does all of the above with some complex build time put into it.

Not flamin\' ya Reverend, just providing my explanation on why I rated it so high.

I feel like I\'m in a majority of one :D

I liked it enough to give it an 8, but beyond that I can only see an above average paint job. I can\'t quite se what all the fuss is about. The Emperor appears to have no clothes on and is strutting his stuff around the street...

Originally posted by sg2009

love the whole black n white theme might give tht a try some day.

sam
    just pop into photoshop and suck out the colour on one you\'ve already done?!!!

its a great mini Mas, bet it look better in real life

Great mini, but i\'d have liked to have seen the skull on the back off the cloth to be done in a sort of ghostly green.

I don\'t think this would have ruined the black and white scheme, while it would have given the model an additional eye-catcher.

Other than that, great work, great idea to do it in Black and white, and a great addition to freehand the skull on there.