Vice president, i hope not.. - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Vice president, i hope not..

The \'None of the Above\' button would be awesome, for the canadian election.
    I don\'t know about your U.S. campaign ads, but up here in the Great White North, the ads for the Liberal Party never even mention their own candidate\'s name. They just bash the Progressive Conservative\'s candidate and his plans. And vice-versa.

I\'m amazed one of the parties hasn\'t stooped to just having their candidate on the screen blowing raspberries in response.

There\'s got to be a better way...

Originally posted by BarstoolProphet
    The \'None of the Above\' button would be awesome, for the canadian election.
    I don\'t know about your U.S. campaign ads, but up here in the Great White North, the ads for the Liberal Party never even mention their own candidate\'s name. They just bash the Progressive Conservative\'s candidate and his plans. And vice-versa.

I\'m amazed one of the parties hasn\'t stooped to just having their candidate on the screen blowing raspberries in response.

There\'s got to be a better way...
    the only way is to outlaw party politics.
    then people would have to truly represent their area and not sell them lies before serving their parties interests.

the US has the same problems politicly as many other countries, the system is corupt beyond belief.
    but to change the system you need to gain power and that power is only obtained through having the same amount of funding as countries major parties obtain for their campaigns.

it\'s something we all know but are powerless to change without taking drastic action (which no one wants to realy see)

in britain we dont really smear, just shout and mumble and rant our way through. Still, Boris johnson should still be m,ade emperor, the only trustworthy politician ever to walk the face of the earth:)

I think we should put em all in a pit and make them fight to the death :twisted:, winner gets control..

Alex

Remember that a lot of those sources can be very biased. For example that forbes link. Steve Forbes supports McCain so don\'t you think he\'d be biased against Obama? and to tell you the truth wheras Castro has done bad things, he\'s done some good things too. In my opinion, Obama should win. I just hate all the lies that McCain has come out with about him (and yes a lot were definitely lies) and I hate how people believe them. Obama has said some negative things about McCain (obviously) but really not so much just pure bull**** as McCain has in the past. Plus Sarah Palin is an idiot. Don\'t deny it. I mean, according to that video she didn\'t know who the prime minister of canada was????? Would you want a person like that as president??? (PLEASE don\'t say yes.... I\'m fed up with this country as it is)

Edit: Did you know that official looking letters were sent to a lot of people that would vote for Obama in states that could go either way that said they could vote early even though they couldnt? (to get less votes for Obama) and did you know that some extremely conservative groups have made fake names such as \"Osama Bin laden\" and donated money to obama under those names? Oh and obama is not a muslim and even if he was, WHY WOULD IT MATTER AT ALL?????????????

@negroghast : i think you and me would get along quite well lol

you´re right about sarah palin

is she a good mother - i think so
    a good woman - likely

a good vicce presient - no chance

many of you have mentioned how much they´re convinced that the whole system is wrong and the lobbies control the politician - how easy d o you think uis it to control a woman who indirectly admitted that she reads no newspapers

point 2: her only answer to the energy problems is \" drill baby drill \"

the US is currently using about 20 percent of the oil ( worldwide ) but the us oil reserves of the she wants to exploit are estimated to be about about three percent ...
    - you can do the math , it doesnt work

point three :

in her debate she didn´t know what the bush doctrine is. How is that even possible ??? she got coached for the debate , she´s running for the vicepresidency , so i think , you the voter should demand politatical knowledge - and this woman doesn´t even know the foreign policy doctirne of her own party:evil:

sorry Sarah , you disqualidfied yourself , there´s noone else to blame

@ Matt : you don´t vote for obama because he once met an terrorist. Did you know that the ex foreign minister of germany was once the roommate of a man who was a communistic terrorist, dated a girl of the left scene ( i can´t blame him i´ve seen the pictures :o) and threw a stone at a police officer ?

he later explained his actions, apologized to the officer and did his job

he was one of the best minister we had and later gave classes at harvard as visiting professor

or take me: i went to grammar school with somebody who admitted that he likes the Nazis. I hated him for this, as did everyone else. Do you think the fact that i accidentally knew a white supremacist makes me one ?
    (Before somebody asks : yes i tried and talked with him - too late . His dad ranted about the \"immigrants\" every morning during breakfast )

i´m not judging the fact that you voted for McCain, i only hoped you had other reasons

Yeah, just because someone met a terrorist doesn\'t make them a bad person.

I have met a terrorist (used to live on my road), who went to Iraq and died as a suicide bomber ( recognised him off the news) and more recently somebody a few streets away was plotting to kill the PM.

Just because somebody has met or lives in the same area as people who engage in terrorist activities does not mean that their views are changed to those of the terrorist or criminal.

Anyway, I love the Cecil bit i think it\'s hilarious..

Alex

Originally posted by hestan101
    in britain we dont really smear, just shout and mumble and rant our way through. Still, Boris johnson should still be m,ade emperor, the only trustworthy politician ever to walk the face of the earth:)
    are you serious, our politicians do nothing but smear, it saves them from actualy mentioning how they are going to screw us.
    as for boris johnson, seems like a decent guy, but a puppet as far as politics goes.

It\'s not that he \"met\" a terrorist, it\'s that he has ongstanding and ongoing relationships with terrorists. It\'s about judgement.

Originally posted by hestan101
    Boris johnson
    WHIFF WAFF! lollollol

Squig

he had ongoing relationships with terrorists ???
    sorry when i missed it, but what relationships are you talking about ???

I voted this morning, but I\'m going to claim to have cast my vote for whoever loses. That way I can complain about everything for the next four years with righteous indignation. Hey, I didn\'t vote for the guy.

Originally posted by hakoMike
    I voted this morning, but I\'m going to claim to have cast my vote for whoever loses. That way I can complain about everything for the next four years with righteous indignation. Hey, I didn\'t vote for the guy.
    That is a fantastic plan!!lol

Take your mind off the election: watch pokemon. :):Dlol???:possessed::flame::(:drool::drunk: (that is my pokemon progression)

Originally posted by Theomar Pius
    \"Al-Queda\" is pretty broad, it\'s hard to get a definitive stance from a spread out group of people connected only by name.
    Especially if you can\'t spell it :P

Just because they don\'t follow english spelling conventions, that\'s not my fault.lol

Oh my god I can\'t take the stress!!!:o:o:o:duh::duh::duh::wow::wow::wow::flip ::flip::flip::flame::flame::cry::cry::drool::]:]:]:]:]:]:]
    (sorry too many smilies)
    So McCain has kentucky and Obama has vermont
    McCain-8
    Obama-3

Originally posted by Farin
    he had ongoing relationships with terrorists ???
    sorry when i missed it, but what relationships are you talking about ???
    There\'s a ton of stuff the news is conviently not reporting. Shame. What\'s that saying? - \"sow the wind reap a whirlwind\".......\"be careful what you pray for, you may get it\". I think this man is a serious wolf in VERY slick sheep\'s clothing.

Carlin on voting

It\'s Carlin. Do I really need to tell you it\'s NSFW?