ebay
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ebay

Default ebay

Recently I put up a few of my unfinished/unused minis on ebay and while scoping out the competition I noticed a lot of \"PRO-PAINTED!!!! HIGHLY DETAILED!\" Auctions with starting prices at double or triple the initial cost.
    While I realize that painting these things to a higher standard is difficult, and recognize with great reverence those with the talents to pull it off, many of the auctions I looked at were actually pretty bad with some coming in at downright awful... Mold lines, filled in details, thick brush strokes, entire Necron armies base coated (and sometimes not) with rods glued in already, ugly bases, or just plain ugly minis...
    To me it appeared as though the winner would be buying a chore, a project that they would have to strip and repaint. Even at half the cost NIB I\'m not sure it would be worth it.

However, I did manage to find and buy six new Necron Destroyers at half the NIB price despite them being in fact NIB. Saving myself about $60-70 depending on where I ordered them from.
    So I\'m curious, what are some of your own personal best and worst finds on ebay?

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

best = OTT flex arm desk lamp = $15
    worst = cheap (airsoft) red dot sight $15 (full retail = $8).

best= lotr job lot included 24 rohan warriors, 24 knights of ministirth, 24 warriors of last alliance and TREEBEARD!!!! for £4.50 :bouncy:

How many times do you have to be told...?

Stop using ebay!!

;):D:D:cool:

Originally posted by mickc22

Stop using ebay!!

it\'s great for the buyers, it just arse rapes the sellars.

I looked at wargames market... I couldn\'t find what I was looking for.

Stop using ebay!!

its a buyers market at the moment i cant help it im addicted:(

Originally posted by generulpoleaxe

Stop using ebay!!

I\'m actually quite pleased with what one of my auctions is up to now, now I\'m just hoping that who ever wins pays me.

Originally posted by Kinetic man

Stop using ebay!!

I\'m actually quite pleased with what one of my auctions is up to now, now I\'m just hoping that who ever wins pays me.
    yes getting money has long been a favorite pastime of mine too :D

I\'ve had several really good wins on eBay but I\'m reluctant to give away the best secrets for finding the bargains because there\'s too much competition already. :P

My last good one was four Black Reach Terminator/Ork Nobz sprues for £2.50 inc postage.

The worst I have ever seen (I might almost have bid on it myself for the sheer comedy of it) was a plastic Space Marine Land Speeder painted with what appeared to be bright blue enamel, not so much painted on as poured on. :rolleyes:
    It sold for £10!

One thing you should know is alot of the minis that say they are pro painted ARE. At least compared to the abilities of the persons that purchase them.

Personally when I sell things on ebay I make sure that the quality is acceptional. If the paint job is something that I would not want to see on the table in my army than I will not sell it.

As for a pricey purchase there is a 40k nurgle army for sale on ebay right now that starts at $1900 and has a buy it now price of $2300 I think and it is not done very well. I think the reason it costs so much is because the army contains mostly forge world pieces but it is still a rip off.

Stop using ebay!!

mick you might have to tell me that daily

Personal best - 2000$ worth of lizardmen mini\'s for under 200$ :D

worst - wont admit it

Originally posted by Aliengod3
    One thing you should know is alot of the minis that say they are pro painted ARE. At least compared to the abilities of the persons that purchase them.

Personally when I sell things on ebay I make sure that the quality is acceptional. If the paint job is something that I would not want to see on the table in my army than I will not sell it.

As for a pricey purchase there is a 40k nurgle army for sale on ebay right now that starts at $1900 and has a buy it now price of $2300 I think and it is not done very well. I think the reason it costs so much is because the army contains mostly forge world pieces but it is still a rip off.
    I agree that a lot of the pro-painted minis are indeed done very well, but for each one of them there are two or more that have barely progressed beyond the base coating stage.
    I guess when I think \"pro-painted\" I picture a piece that would get an eight or higher here, not something that\'s been dipped in ultramarines blue, washed black, had the eyes picked out, and placed on an empty base.
    But again like you said it\'s all comparable to the skill of the buyer I suppose. I in no way claim to be pro but I can\'t help seeing some of this stuff and saying \"Wait... What?\"

Also, I saw that nurgle army. It looks very nice but at the current asking price I\'d rather get a nice used car. I\'ve never been a huge fan of forge world for that reason.

the pro-painted tag is a joke, people use it becaue it atracts buyers (mostly 13 year olds probably!) they think hey great pro-painted thats great. Its all relative, it may look great to them but on here we are used to seeing exceptional mini all the time so the quality to us is poor.
    I actually think the pro-painted tag puts more knowledgable\' people off. I simply put painted, judge for yourself from the pics

Stop using ebay!!

unless you have a good rep

right now I feel it is all dependant on what you are looking for

A lot of people right now are unloading their old citadel mini\'s to have cash for christmas.... good for us, bad for them

it\'s great for the buyers, it just arse rapes the Sellers.
    I wouldn\'t say that; when people put up items on eBay with a fuzzy picture and a poor description they lose out but you can buy that same item and re-sell it for a profit by advertising it better.

Ugh... i didn\'t realize how bad Ebay had become until i sold a few things recently. Ebay charged me $2 an item to list, then another $10 of the sale price PLUS paypal charged me 5% of the sale price in their fees.

Oh yea and i belive PayPal is owned by Ebay the thieving Pikey bastards

yeah paypal was set up by ebay. Visa only charge stores 1-2% for accepting their cards.