Guitar strings.

Thread: Guitar strings.

Default Guitar strings.

If I use them for pipes on a space marine or a dreadnought, what size should I use? I about to order some.

Originally posted by droogie77
    If I use them for pipes on a space marine or a dreadnought, what size should I use? I about to order some.
    Don\'t. Go to your local guitar shop and ask if they have any scrap that they\'ve just replaced.
    For marines normal 6 string guitar should suffice, for Dreadnaughts, Bass strings.
    Watch out when cutting them as they can develop tendancies to taking flying lessons at high velocities.

I\'d suggest a cheap pair of goggle when cutting it just in case

Nooo Dont BUY them do as suggested before and get them used for FREE!! Plus new strings are much harder to use as they havent been stretched and bent so they are less flexible. Also be sure to wash your strings well as they will have copius amounts of hand oil on them...

or get some of the casted ones from dragonforge as they can be pinned easily

Ordered my Dragonforge ones yesterday. Can\'t wait to get them!
    Also they\'re running a sale right now....

Thanks for the info guys. I am going to order them from Dragonforge.

A great plan. The Dragonforge ones are really useful.

If you can get a cutoff wheel ( I recommend the diamond ones - they\'re cheap and last a lot longer than the old red one\'s) for your Dremel tool it makes a world of difference when cutting of the lengths you need. Clippers make an imprecise cut between the inner wire and the wound wire. The cutoff wheel\'s leave a fairly clean, flush cut.

Originally posted by droogie77
    I wouldn\'t. You\'ll end up with the one size you need plus the others if you order a standard pack, and ordering just one size of string can get expensive (I used to play guitar myself). Do like Dragonsreach suggested and visit your local music stores, ask if they have any scraps you can have. The worst that can happen is they say no.

Dumpster diving can get you WAY more than you will ever need.........seriously.