My Demon Prince can\'t sport a peg leg!

Thread: My Demon Prince can\'t sport a peg leg!

Default My Demon Prince can\'t sport a peg leg!

Well I did it. I really did it this time. I was cleaning my Belakor model to prep for priming over the sink and low and behold one of his legs made it past my little \"stopper\" and plunged into the filthy abyss of campus plumbing.

I tried to fish it out with a magnet, but they don\'t posess that quality apparently. I can\'t see it, and I\'m pretty sure it\'s in the U-bend. I could probably get it, but there is no way I\'m opening that drainage system up. Considering I live in a campus dorm, I\'m pretty sure someone\'s vomitted in that sink before. I\'m going to say the little guy\'s leg is lost.

Anyone know where I can find one? I\'ve been looking all over GW\'s website and it seems they did away with their parts ordering system. I really love this model and I want to use him to proxy until I get a bloodthirster.

Any ideas?

Jake

buy another belakor. it sounds brutal but short of sculpting one or being incredibly lucky and finding on ebay its all i an think of

If i were you I would attept to fish it up, get some plastic gloves and MAN UP

Originally posted by Krug
    If i were you I would attept to fish it up, get some plastic gloves and MAN UP
    and a clothe\'s peg for your nose!:|~

For God\'s sake man - it\'s not like it\'s the sewerage system :P

Rubber gloves and some vics to go under ur nose :P

I agree with the whole \"man up and go get \'er\" approach. However I do reccomend giving GW a call as well. A not dissimilar thing happened to me and I got another Tomb King rider for a chariot, they didn\'t even charge me....

GW loves you and wants you to be happy!

Well it looks like I\'m going to give GW a call or email. I couldn\'t get the ubend undone so it may be lost for good. I\'ve done this before, but the plumbing is so tight here that I really don\'t want to mess it up some high and get fined by school. Thanks for the encouragement, haha, I have a pretty weak stomach.

Jake

its only a u bend.....its not like your having to lance 500yards of sewerage drains that had been blocked and backing up for several years because the drainage people wouldnt go down the manhole.....that was damn good at getting me to stop biting my nails ill tell you, and i was just helping my dad do it.
    you could sculpt one?

Originally posted by Queenoftheunifrogs
    its only a u bend.....its not like your having to lance 500yards of sewerage drains that had been blocked and backing up for several years because the drainage people wouldnt go down the manhole....
    Yeah but if he breaks the u-bend trying to get it open, the college will charge him a large fee for its repair. Institutions of higher ed are not very financially forgiving.

I feel your pain BTW... I lost the cutest cat from the Reaper familiar set down the sink in my old apt. I really wanted it for my mummy mini :(

You could always go buy one of those little grabber things that mechanics use. Here\'s a link to something from Harbor Freight:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=94162

Ya call up GW customer service and tell them you purchased the mini and it did not come with the leg and they will send you a leg :twisted:

Ask the school for help tell them someones lost a valuble personal possesion and you hope it\'s down in the U-bend.
    Either that or buy a pair of Plumbers pliers and learn about recovering plumbing yourself. It\'ll be a valuble lesson in home maintenance.

Get yourself a piece of wire like a coat hanger and bend a small loop in the end.. chew up a big wad of gum and wrap it good around the loop end and then slowly go down the drain into the s bend.. good chance you will get you leg stuck on the gum. Im sure the leg didn\'t go past the s bend.

Id avoid trying to wrench it off yourself, those things tend to corrode from the inside out and you could damage it removing it. Now your dorm should have maintenance Id ask if they might be able to help you out. You would be surprised how far honesty will go.

That\'s rough Jake. If I had a spare I\'d offer it to you, but alas, I do not.

If you choose to go with the gum on a stick option, make sure not to chew the gum again afterwards... :shudder: lol

If all else fails you could always just convert him into a Nurgle Demon Prince! :D

-Matt

i\'m with dragonforge on this. it\'s prolly still in the u-bend. i say bribe the maintenance guy!

The part code for the entire mini is

Part Code: 99110201157

If you call up games workshop they should be able to tell you the part code for the individual pieces to the model.