First snow - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First snow

Originally posted by chaos877

P.S. darn you people for living in such scenic areas!!! I live in suburbia, america :~(
    Storrs Connecticut- Home of the UConn Huskies!

these were taken at 11.20am on thursday. unfortunatley our road never seems to defrost and we still have inch thick ice left that gets worse everytime it freezes. couple that with the water board digging big holes everywhere makes it a fun little stretch!

This isn\'t technically the first snow this season, it\'s the second and no where near as much as the first (actually thinking about it this is the third but the first was nothing at all)...

This pic was taken while driving this morning:

This is from my front yard, that bit of water at the bottom is Halifax Harbour (yes, part of the Atlantic Ocean):

Looks like Brett is winning lol

Originally posted by BarstoolProphet
    It never fails to amaze me that so many people can completely forget how to drive in snowy conditions. Especially here in Canada.

Ah yes, very insightful!

We seem to have all those same types, but you failed to mention a few more we have here in Iowa...

The 4x4 driver. Roads aren\'t that bad when you can shift into 4 wheel drive! Of course, it doesn\'t matter how many wheels you have when you are trying to stop for a stop sigh. I suppose very similar to the cocky drivers, although it\'s not the skill of the driver but the overconfidence in the vehicle.

The passing Semi-truck driver. Loaded down with 80,000 pounds certainly gives good traction. As well as being elevated enough to be able to see the entire road. But passing every single car at 70mph whilst generating a blinding spray mixture of sand, salt, ice, slush, and mud isn\'t helping.

The Snomobile idiots. Not as common as they once were, but they will pop out of the ditch like a jack-in-the-box....

im such a So Cal Baby, and never been to the snow. I say every year that i will use my bosses cabin in big bear but something always comes up and i dont lol .... one year i will.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

What is this \"snow\" that you speak of falling from the sky? The snow they talk about down here comes in baggies and is very expensive.

Ah well, off to mow the lawn again before I put out any Christmas stuff.

Originally posted by airhead
    What is this \"snow\" that you speak of falling from the sky? The snow they talk about down here comes in baggies and is very expensive.

Have you tried potato flakes? I believe that is what they use in Hollywood:D

Rant! The one thing that bugs me the most about driving in the winter is the people that don\'t clean the snow off of their cars! I\'ve seen people with two feet of snow on the roof and hood, a small spot on the rear window that they\'ve cleared off and whatever the windshield wipers could clear off the front. Come On People! How can you see anything, and how are we to see if your blinding us with a mini snow storm?!?

got our first snow about a month ago now.. i took a pic of some icicles on our house about a week ago... will post them when i get home

Originally posted by mud duck
    The one thing that bugs me the most about driving in the winter is the people that don\'t clean the snow off of their cars! I\'ve seen people with two feet of snow on the roof and hood, a small spot on the rear window that they\'ve cleared off and whatever the windshield wipers could clear off the front. Come On People! How can you see anything, and how are we to see if your blinding us with a mini snow storm?!?
    Yep and here in the UK most people don\'t realise that it\'s a legal requirement.
    But hey anyone never been procecuted for it?............That\'d be No, then.

Originally posted by airhead

Ditto.............trees are actually blossoming here.

Well, can\'t beat Wolfy but this was us last week.

and like Darklord, we\'ve still got a scenario resembling Torvill and Dean\'s local ice rink outside our door...

Wanted to share, even if this is the third snow we\'ve had. Daylight views are from work, showing what I get to look at during my commute and then the range extending up towards Boulder. Night views are of our Christmas lights under the snow. Enjoy!

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

<sigh>

I miss snow. When I was little I used to build forts and igloos. Not very good ones but hey, I was little.

When I got older and we moved to California I would go back to NE Wisconsin almost every winter just to get properly cold. There\'s something about my blood that NEEDS to freeze now and then.

Then I had my son. I haven\'t been in the snow since........lets see..........I think my Moms funeral in \'87. I WANT SNOW!!!! TAKE THIS OPPRESSIVE SUN AWAY AND GIVE ME A CLOUD NOW AND THEN!