So, I proposed...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, I proposed...

Default So, I proposed...

Yes, that\'s right.
    Earlier this week, after several weeks of waiting for \'the right time\'.

I\'d meant to do it a few weeks back, but we had some scheduling conflicts.

I considered waiting until Christmas, briefly, but then decided I didn\'t want a family(ies) holiday to wind up being just about us.

Of course, I did it in a corny way. About a year ago, scouring garage sales for old mini collections to buy up, I happened across a pair of little stuffed bears, about 8 inches tall, dressed in tuxedo and bridal gown, and bought them on a silly whim.

They remained in storage for all that time, and I pulled them out recently, with the plan in mind.

I made a wonderful dinner (if I say so, myself), and had \'dessert\' on a silver covered tray, which she was not allowed to peak under.

Dinner went wonderfully, and then I brought the tray in and lifted the lid in front of her, presenting the two bears, each to one side of the little velvet box that contained the ring, propped up so they looked like they were sitting.

\"It\'s always been their dream to have a double wedding. Will you help me make their dream come true?\"

My left ear\'s hearing has almost returned, and I was lucky not to need a neck brace after the hug I got.

But the answer was \'yes\'.

Congrats chappie, now a photo of the ring and the other person wearing it please!

Shaz

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

what a mush you are! Wonderful! Congrats:bouncy:

Originally posted by BarstoolProphet

\"It\'s always been their dream to have a double wedding. Will you help me make their dream come true?\"
    lines like that should be illegal!! congrats mate. you set a date yet?

Ach, I have a tear in my eye now! Damn you!

Well done !
    With this much cornyness, it was sure to work ;)

You were smart to not pop on Christmas I can say from my experience it is not a good idea in the long run.
    Are the bears to be going on top the cake?
    Congrats and best of luck

Congratulations!

Run! Run Don\'t do it! It\'s a trap! lol

Just kidding. Congratualtions.:beer:

Aaaaawww...............(feel all warm and gushy now)

That\'s GREAT. I love stories like that. Must say, I might have one of my own.......many creative ideas are coming to mind.:)

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Shawn R. L.

That\'s GREAT. I love stories like that. Must say, I might have one of my own.......many creative ideas are coming to mind.:)
    Oooo! Shawns\'s going to ask someone to take on him and his messy work station? Good for you!

congrats, looks like you will have to change your name you wont be seeing that barstool to much anymore lol lol lol lol

Originally posted by lizcam
    Originally posted by Shawn R. L.
    Oooo! Shawns\'s going to ask someone to take on him and his messy work station? Good for you!
    MMmmmmm--arrrrrggh.......were I to run with my emotions, it would have happened already but age, wisdom and many VERY hard lessons have told me to check things out DEEPLY before jumping in. VERY hard to pace myself but I think it\'s already paying off.

IF it ever happens I want to do one of those very public, planned out (of course there will be pix and video) events!!

Blog Entries

One thing I\'ve noticed about the men on this site is that they are all romantics (well mostly. But I have my suspicions about those of you who pretend not to be). I like that about you guys. :D

I think most geeks are terrible romantics. :D Unfortunately, I seem to be going out with the only one who isn\'t. :(

Congratulations! I hope all goes well and that your fiancee doesn\'t become a bridezilla!

Yes Liz, that we are....................:D

Nice breatplate Shawn! Great weathering and high-lighting. Did you use an airbrush? :P