Teclis - interpretation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teclis - interpretation

Jakob Nielsen

Default Teclis - interpretation

Hi,
    Here is the Teclis-conversion I did back in Summer 2008:

I have wanted to do this conversion for about a year, and I found the project really fun to do. You can see most of the sculpting process at http://www.jrn-works.dk , where the project is presented as an X-mas count-down. Therefore the painted version will not be shown until just before X-mas. I especially like the way the 3-piece cape worked out and also the war-crown, which I tried to make look like it is a delicate golden crown that goes on top of a helmet.

Voting-link: http://www.coolminiornot.com/208267

already voted! a lovely piece

This thing is fantastic!! Perfect pose and sculpt for Teclis, I like the simplicity (in the nicest way and in comparison to the GW version) of the mini.

Wo, stunning work on this, cant wait to see him painted

Really, really nice. Love the pose and the sculpting is top-notch. The only thing that looks out of place is the face on his chest/stomach plate. It doesn\'t look elvish- kind of out of place. But that\'s a small point on an otherwise perfect piece.

Zach

Absolutely love your interpretation of Teclis.

Is this the one you took to GD? Pretty sure i saw it there

Jakob Nielsen

Originally posted by Cleezy
    Is this the one you took to GD? Pretty sure i saw it there
    Indeed it is. This year I actually planned for the x-mas-countdown, where as two years ago I worked every night to bring the updates. Not, that I don\'t do hobby work now, but it is certainly less stressful with a show planned beforehand... :)

Blog Entries

Looks great Jakob can\'t wait for more painting updates!

As always a great work, i largely prefer your vision to the original one! :beer:

He is just as I imagine Teclis to be!

Well....I don\'t imagine Teclis to be 30mm and made of a two part epoxy, but I think you get my point.

Very nice, you are a real talent!

I wish these people would do a video on how they sculpt like this :p

stunning, so you have anytips for sculpting swords?

Jakob Nielsen

Originally posted by hestan101
    stunning, so you have anytips for sculpting swords?
    Swords... I create them by making little \"l ollypops\" of milliput over a 1 mm rod of brass wire. These I let to dry and then file and cut them down to get the right shape. It\'s hard work and takes some practice.

I thought it was the one i saw at GD, did it place?i cant remember (if it didnt its a travesty)

As vike said its how you envisage teclis. i wish that the GW version was similar to yours.

really nice :beer: would we be seeing you as a figure designer for GW ??? see they have a few openings in that department.

Jakob Nielsen

Paintjob is uploaded now:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/208762

- The entry made it to the finalist cabinet but didn\'t make the top three. Therefore I am trying to improve him at the very moment. He will be finished \"for real\" on Dec 24th!

- I have considered sculpting for GW but I don\'t find going for it realistic at the moment. Family-considerations, moving country-issues, and so on...
    Would be great, but not now...

Originally posted by Jakob Nielsen
    Paintjob is uploaded now:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/208762

- The entry made it to the finalist cabinet but didn\'t make the top three. Therefore I am trying to improve him at the very moment. He will be finished \"for real\" on Dec 24th!

- I have considered sculpting for GW but decided against it. Family-considerations, moving country-issues, and so on.
    Would be great, but not now...
    Great work as always Jakob, but I think I can see why it didn\'t make the top 3. Although a near faultless paintjob, I think it is, dare I say it, just too plain for the comp. Yes it fits perfectly with the theme of the High Elf army, but you know GW they state rules then pay little to no attention to them, when judging. I reckon if you gave it some really nice free hand all over th eback of that cloak, it would have been there. Personally, I think it\'s right where it should be, but hey what do I know.;)

Originally posted by atacam

Although a near faultless paintjob, I think it is, dare I say it, just too plain for the comp.
    . I reckon if you gave it some really nice free hand all over th eback of that cloak, it would have been there. what do I .;)
    i totally agree, know it would it be down wright arrogant of me to even sugges advice to someone like you, but in my personal opinion some swirly cloak freehand in gold or maybe white would really bring him to life

Jakob Nielsen

Originally posted by hestan101
    Originally posted by atacam

Although a near faultless paintjob, I think it is, dare I say it, just too plain for the comp.
    . I reckon if you gave it some really nice free hand all over th eback of that cloak, it would have been there. what do I .;)
    i totally agree, know it would it be down wright arrogant of me to even sugges advice to someone like you, but in my personal opinion some swirly cloak freehand in gold or maybe white would really bring him to life
    Indeed! That\'s what I am doing the next few days - as well as a few other things... ;)