An actual Mini with paint on It !!!

Thread: An actual Mini with paint on It !!!

Default An actual Mini with paint on It !!!

So , my schedul was extremly busy the last year or so, with basically 5 hours of sleep per night and of course 0 hours to paint ( or to manifest myself on this fine forum).

But at last, vacations have come, and my next semester should be much lighter (mostly due to the fact that I\'m finaly going to be specializing in somthing). So I gleefully took out my old painting brush and started applying some paint again.

Here\'s where I\'m at right now :

I\'m pretty happy with the face, which was the main reason that I started on this piece: wanted to practice doing nice faces, and I like doing flesh tones :P Haven\'t done much on the rest.

The armor is giving me problems though, not only is space wold a diffcult color to highligh/shade (for me at least), but on such a large surface it\'s really really anoying to do, I\'ll try to give some more work once the rest is done. Any advice is welcome though.

Cheers. !!

Originally posted by frenchkid

The armor is giving me problems though, not only is space wolf a diffcult color to highligh/shade (for me at least), but on such a large surface it\'s really really anoying to do, I\'ll try to give some more work once the rest is done. Any advice is welcome though.

Cheers. !!
    Nice face Arthur, kinda worth the wait.
    Foe Space Wolf grey there is always the tried and trusted Shadow Grey as a series of very thin washes, or you could use Vallejo Intermediate Blue as a shadow tone.
    As for highlighting, well tiny amounts of Vallejo Ivory worked into light scource points would work nicely on this sculpt.

Take a look at Vincenti\'s large scale figures or at Brokenblades Magneus Calgar for some ideas.

good stuff! where did you get the bust from?
    NOW GET PAINTING!!

im pretty sure the bust is a freeman sculpt
    but i havnt seen it on andrea(can kinda guess why!!)

Originally posted by freakinacage
    good stuff! where did you get the bust from?
    NOW GET PAINTING!!
    Sir, yes sir !!!

And bodiscool is half right,

The mini is a conversion of freeman\'s sculpt by Jeremie, he cast a couple of them and was kind enough to give one of them to me.

Thanks for the tips DR, I\'ll try and put them to good use :)

paint!? on a mini!?..........
    ...........what\'s the world coming too? :no:

;)

You know Arthur you\'ve tempted me to get working on the Chaos Space Marine bust that\'s been sitting in my painting room for XX years.

must be the season for painting busts! :D ;)

...take it as you will...

@Dan: actually, one of the main reason for doing this mini (besides the fact that I like it !!) is that I wanted to practie some before doing my wolverine bust :P So Wolverine coming up next, if I feel comfortable enough to do it....

@DR: I\'m honored I could temps you into painting something !! Looking foward to it :)

I\'ve made some progress on the bust, pics coming up latter !!

I think it looks great so far! :) I think the lips are a bit too reddish in tone though.

Default Behold the magic of vacations !!

Ok, got some more work done on the Big guy.

The armor is better, even it dosn\'t show on the pic, might need more work.....
    Avelorn you where right, toned tone the lips a bit, I think it looks better now.
    As for the rest, I\'m pretty happy with the gold, the rest is ok. Here\'s what he looks like now:

I\'m not sure which color to go with for the shoulder pads. Tried black to see the result but still not sure, any ideas ?

love it the golds on the shoulder pad and chest looks brilliant the gem loks good as well

Originally posted by frenchkid
    @DR: I\'m honored I could temps you into painting something !! Looking foward to it :)
    Well Arthur I do have to thank you. It\'s an experience working in NMM on a large scale figure. :o
    I\'ve spent about 12 hours painting it so far, and got the deamon head shoulder pad 100% complete and the other one 70% done.
    And No I didn\'t take any WIP pictures, cos I\'m a Dumb A**.
    What I will tell you is that I \"cheated\" and used Red Plastic Auto Primer for a specific effect.
    So I think you can guess what Renegade Chapter he might be from.
    Who Said Skulls?lol

Originally posted by Dragonsreach

Well Arthur I do have to thank you. It\'s an experience working in NMM on a large scale figure. :o
    I\'ve spent about 12 hours painting it so far, and got the deamon head shoulder pad 100% complete and the other one 70% done.
    And No I didn\'t take any WIP pictures, cos I\'m a Dumb A**.
    What I will tell you is that I \"cheated\" and used Red Plastic Auto Primer for a specific effect.
    So I think you can guess what Renegade Chapter he might be from.
    Who Said Skulls?lol
    I can imagine that NMM on a large scale figure is probably not the easiest thing to do :P God luck with that. And take some pictures !!!

@Nick232: Thanks !! The bust is really big, I\'d have to say something like 80 mm tall.