Dwarf colour scheme

Thread: Dwarf colour scheme

Default Dwarf colour scheme

I cant come up with a proper colour scheme for my dwarven army so i thought maybe you could help me out.

This is mine....

Copy it if you like. I find dwarf\'s look crappy with any bright colors like yellows and stuff. Just doesn\'t suite the models or the army feel by my reckoning.

Paint one model in a scheme you\'re thinking of. Maybe paint a few of the shields in different schemes and see if anything sticks.

Here\'s mine :D

Do all dwarfs come in blue?

i fid green,red and blue are all good colors.ilike the green it makes them look like survivalists.

I would go for a deep red like scab red and some brownish neutral colour (Khaki or Desert yellow?).

For inspiration you can look at the art of W.A.R. online: they got some great stuff there.

- Cosmic Secret
    'Thus the explorations of space end on a note of uncertainty. [...] The search will continue. Not until the empirical resources are exhausted, need we pass on to the dreamy realms of speculation.'

- E. Hubble, concluding lines of The Realm of the Nebulae (1936).

dark red and green

mine are much like kroms' except they are citadel vermin brown on the trim and left sleve and blood red on the right sleeve. realy like youre scheme squig hunter.

i really like squig hunter's theme. they look very cool. otherwise, i'd like to see a theme of a dark, saturated red combined with a diluted green, like catachan-ish. but don't make it too bright. it'd just look glary. wouldn't you think?

my general opinion of the common electric guitar:
    it has two strings too many.

Hello mr.Krinkle, how are you today?

If i had a nickle everytime i made something look bad, i'd be making money in a very strange way!

I wouldnt go for anything bright. It just doesnt suit dwarfs.
    Apart from that, any colour can be used in my opinion. If you are in doubt, try out a few things on the model itself. That works the best.

Reds and browns, just make sure you throw in the occasional green floppy hat: