Looking for Zoboomafoo

Thread: Looking for Zoboomafoo

Default Looking for Zoboomafoo

Okay I know this is an odd thing to ask about on a Mini site, but this is probably the most active forum I am on and I\'ve tried everything to find this.

As most of you know I have a young daughter. This young daughter has fallen in love with the TV shor Zoboomafoo which is an animal based education show staring a talking Lemur. While I\'m very happy she loves something other then dumb cartoons, I\'m also frustrated that I can\'t seem to find this show for sale on DVD anywhere.

The biggest problem with this is that I we don\'t have TV in our house. Well at least not broadcast or cable or anything like that. So we can\'t just tape episodes or watch it when it\'s on. We are stuck with movies downloaded or purchased.

We have in the last year or so only been able to find one DVD, which has exactly 4 episodes on it. That\'s it. It\'s called Baby Critters/Animal Giants.

Does anyone know where I can find more?

http://pbskids.org/tvschedules/airda...?title_id=ZOBO

It is not on in my area but maybe someone out there can get it for you
    hope it helps
    Could you contact public tele and see if they sell? Have you tried the library yet?

edit:I notice on the link you have to hit look for another station but it is not allowing me to refresh the link

Good idea. Unfortunately it\'s not showing \"in the next two weeks\" on any Michigan stations, which is about all the US TV we get here.

The idea to contact the station isn\'t a bad idea, though I loath what they may charge for international shipping. We will look into that thanks!

Now Library, would be a good idea if our library system here in Windsor wasn\'t horrible. My wife worked there for like 8 years, I wouldn\'t expect to find non-Canadian TV that wasn\'t Barny or Teletubbies there.

EDIT: found a DVD from PBS direct, but it\'s has the same episodes as one on Amazon.ca that is cheaper on Amazon and comes with another 12 episodes of other shows. At least it\'s something though.

http://www.dvdpricecheck.co.uk/dvdresults.php?wlr=DPC&session=f08594e5ca9ad66ecf0 a226097cda1d3

3 or 4 matches there

Good on ya for the lack of a broadcast TV, mate. I killed ours when FOX eviscerated Firefly and replaced it with Joe Millionaire. WTF?!?

As the proud father of a three year old, I can happily say that DVDs of Thomas the Tank Engine are more than enough for TV time. Looking at clips from that show though, we might have to try it out.

Hey! We should have a baby pics thread! =)

Thomas was all i watched when i was young.. gota be one of the best out there and the miniature scenery is pretty good too (or it was when i was a kid)

Alex

Blog Entries

Half.com has them on VHS. And amazon shows a few dvds too. Do neither of these work for you? Not willing to pay $80 for a used two episode DVD? It would be morally corrupt to find torrents of them and make your own DVDs. I looked there and couldn\'t find anything either.

Yeah I looked on amazon and for some reason people want rediculous prices for the out of print episodes. I guess they are rather popular. Half.com doesn\'t work from Canada and I don\'t know anyone to ship them to in the US. I\'ve also checked torrents and found nothing. Seems kids shows aren\'t popular seeds. I did just purchase the one with 4 episodes of Zoboomafoo, 4 Episodes of Sagwa and 4 Epidsodes of George Shrinks off Amazon, not sure how I missed that one on my earlier searches. It should be here in a couple days.

There are two on that DVDprice check I will be looking into, as those prices are way cheaper then the amazon used prices.

Not interested in VHS though as I sold our player years ago.

Re: no TV. Have to say this is probably the best parenting choice we have made. The main reason being that no TV means no Comercials, which meant that for Xmas our daghter was more then happy with what we picked up and didn\'t moan not getting the most advertised toy this year (no clue what that was). All of our TV veiwing is in the form of DVD\'s. Currently the Wife and I are working through Babylon 5. I have to say I love the fact that we can watch it when we want, pause it and when the story gets good watch 4 episodes in a row :D

Thomas we plan on getting into when Gwen is a little older. She\'s already enamoured by the Trains whenever we go to the local Scollars Choice (educational toy store). She\'s still in the must taste everything as she plays with it and hasn\'t figured out the difference between throwing her toys when done with them vs. putting them away nicely. At $20 a train we\'re planning on waiting at least another year.

That did bring to memory another series I would love to find for her. Hammy Hamster and/or Tales from the Riverbank. That\'s what I grew up on in Preschool. Time to do an Amazon search for that one.

RE: Zooboomafoo if you can find it my daughter loves it. So far it\'s the one show we have found where she actually stands/sits and watches an entire episode without getting bored and doing other things. We can litterall put this on for anywhere from half an hour to an hour and a half and Gwen is perfectly happy and mom and dad can actualy accomplish something, a feat usually reserved for nap and night time. The only thing that worked this well in the past were some Baby Einstien animal movies but those have been watched so often now she loses interest quickly.

Blog Entries

The only thing I miss about no TV is a lack of sports. With Netflix we can watch things instantly now and they have the new episode of heroes on starting Tuesday mornings.

Got the video from Amazon (have to love a site you buy on and get your stuff two days later), and it\'s great. Just what we were looking for. I strongly recommend the PBS kids pack. 16 episodes of kids shows for 19.49 CDN. Now one episode of Zoboo does duplicate one we already have but it\'s still well worth it.

Netflix is still something I haven\'t looked into. I was really looking forward to on demand TV with my Xbox 360, but the rediculous CTRC has banned it here in Canada. All I can do is rent movies for more then it costs at the video store, which is pretty useless to me. Netflix wasn\'t avaliable in Canada either, not sure if that\'s changed in the last couple years though.