My Legolas, but for another

Thread: My Legolas, but for another

Default My Legolas, but for another

Ok guys gona post a WIP of a legolas mini i\'m painting.

The figure is for my girlfriends brother, as Legolas is his favourite character from lotr.

Going for a typical colour scheme. Grey cloak, green jerkin and bluish grey undershirt.

Still getting used to taking photo\'s so dont kill them :P

Also any ideas how to do blonde hair??

DIablofollower

Looks decent so far. From what I can see in the pics I would say bring up the highlights a bit more. Also try and get better lighting when taking pics. Really hard to see any detail in them. As far as the blond hair goes I would start out with a light brown and work it up to either an off white or a dull yellow depending on what you are trying to achieve. If you let me know what brand of paints you are using I can try and give you some color names.

the pictures are a little dark, it is hard to see the progress you made.

I echo the thing about the dark pics...

For blond hair you might wanna check This thread

Yea the pics are pretty dark. It was last night and my lamps bulb has gone so waiting on a spare.

I will take some new pics later on.

I use GW paints.

Cheers green one i will check the link out now.

Thanks

blonde hair = Bronzed Flesh
    the old one, if you have any

For blond hair I usually go with sneakbit leather, highlgihted with bleached bone, with a touch of yellow in it.

And try uping to aperture time on your camera to make the picture brighter (that and more light of course...).

Keep going !!! :P

Yea i was thinking either snakebite up to bleached bone or vomit brown up to bleached bone. Want to avoid making it look comically yellow though.

I will look through the settings on my camera properly later and try and get some better pics up. Did a little work on his gauntlets and straps before. Aiming for a leather look, anyway you\'ll hopefully see this later with the pics

bleached bone would take it to a platinum blonde
    this was done with bronzed flesh as a highlight

Cheers for that mick, might try a few styles of blonde on a few high elves before on the legolas. I have no deadline for this so its all good.

Will post progress when i make some

Ok guys sorry for the delay in posting anything BUT he is now finished.

Hopefully the photo\'s are a little better (not much :P)

Now i got a little lazy with some of the details and rushed them abit. As i rushed the photo cos i didnt have loadsa time today.

I will try and see if i can do anything that makes him look a little better.

All C+C welcome :D

Looks pretty smart mate, some more shots would be great from different angles, and some more detail. But from this distance looks pretty spot on :>

Cheers mate i will try and get a few more pictures up of it, though i think i am giving it to the person i painted it for on tuesday, so if i get time i will.

Though with this now finished i will be posting a new WIP up of a model i am painting for a local comp when he is primed