The vent thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The vent thread

Originally posted by supervike
    :flame::flame::flame:

\'nuff said.
    We\'ve been trying to catch two for the past couple of months.. we are reduced to catching glimpses and then quickly hurling nearby objects at it..

We\'ve tried poisen and traps..

That\'s funny all the vents I\'ve ever seen tend to stay in one place...

Originally posted by uberdark
    i am STILL teaching middle schoolers. things arent that bad trevor.

at least you dont have to hear about the flippin\' twilight books or if miley cyrus is better looking than hannah montana.
    lollollol
    Miley Cyrus needs to go die in a hole in some godforsaken jungle in South America, or better yet be killed by some satanic norwegian black metal band. (No offence to the Norwegians here, love those bands \\m/ \\m/)

I also want to kill Cicero. Too bad hes already dead. Luckily It\'s a new semester in latin.

I seem to be in a killy mood, should I go cut up some old Imperial Guardsmen?

Originally posted by Necroghast
    I seem to be in a killy mood, should I go cut up some old Imperial Guardsmen?
    You could just pull their arms off. Kinda like wings with flies. I think the psyche profile stays the same.

Hey at least you have work to pile up.

I work in the North American Automotive Industry and if you have seen the news lately things aren\'t good. To make things worse I work indirectly for one of the Big Three.

So first off last year around Dec 13th (after all Xmas shopping done and debt has accumulated) we are told that our merit increases for next year have been cancelled. Two days later they tell us that our Medical benefits are being cut (to worse then the labourer on the shop floor). About a day later they lay us all off. I haven\'t worked since mid December! Unfortunately I\'m one of the ones living paycheck to paycheck with a little spending money left over. This now means I am piling up Massive Debt and can\'t really do anything about it since nearly half of the city is in the same situation.

Originally posted by Shawn R. L.
    Over here we have gobs of advert\'s as though a wonderful magic thing has happened. It\'s pretty cheeky how \'honest\' they are in the wording - \"we can get you out of paying 75% of the debt you OWE\".
    If it\'s any consolation, offers like that almost certainly range from \"grossly misleading\" to \"fraudulent\". Thieves preying on the desperate.

You want me to vent about something? How about those darn people who decry the \"irresponsibility\" of others who are in tough times? But that would be rude :( A lot of people have lived beyond their means, sure. But in some places it\'s very hard to, for instance, buy a house near your job without getting a $400k mortgage (thanks, real estate bubble). Or to get useful medical insurance that is affordable. It\'s easy to forget that not everyone ended up in the hole by buying plasma TV\'s and Caribbean cruises.

Originally posted by supervike
    Where did you move to Trevor? Are you still down-under???

And never underestimate the value of
    e-venting. It\'s great catharsis!
    Trevor moved back to UK , Norwich. I just got seriously kick ass mini from him....I am smitten.

I could gripe...but I feel pretty happy even with pain health ect.

I got rid of our parrot and the house is so much calmer It ranks up there with Todd leaving and the amount of solstice that reveals in an unexpected way.

Vent?? Vent at my self for the fact that it really upsets me when I get kicked from an online game for too high a ping. Vent at my self.....while I have too much food, a warm bed, medicine - ANY medicine, any cloths at all and that I can get bothered by my taxs being too high or not being healthier than I am when at this moment someone\'s enduring this -

See, always someone else worse off.

With people being laid off all over the place I\'m very grateful to have a job. I just seem to have too much work, so its a shame I can\'t spread the love and give some of it to the unemployed...

@ Gilvan Hope you manage to find something soon

I came to this thread expecting a good old discussion about vent (ventrilo) can I have my ticket price back please :)

I feel there\'s an undercurrent of nepotism in my workplace, with recently employed management seemingly bringing in people from their shared previous workplace. And I feel there\'s a fast-tracking of said employees in the clique. I\'m resigned to this rather than angry.

Dammit! I knew saying things were going OK was tempting fate :mad:

The head of one of the bolts securing the back of my computer chair just sheared off meaning that I can\'t lean back on it. Add to that the fact that I slept funny last night and I\'ve trapped a nerve in my shoulder and it means that I can\'t sit comfortably at my computer.

OK so it\'s not the end of the world but it is pretty annoying :cussing:

Nothing to report really.... which is odd really, seeing as I\'m a absolute grumpy barstard :D Go figure :D

Originally posted by james sequeira
    I came to this thread expecting a good old discussion about vent (ventrilo) can I have my ticket price back please :)
    Hmm... how come we don\'t have a CMoN vent server? Could be fun to chat while painting. It\'d give my Firefly and LoTR DVDs a well deserved break.

Hmmm, this all seems to be going quite well....

....carry on......

Little F%&¤ing &¤\"¤&ing &¤/(#\"&Ding stupid &C+%¤¤4$s who think being \"sassy\" gives them an excuse to act like a shit to other people, even friends, life\'s not a f*cking sitcom.:flame:

Squig

Originally posted by Undave
    Dammit! I knew saying things were going OK was tempting fate :mad:

The head of one of the bolts securing the back of my computer chair just sheared off meaning that I can\'t lean back on it. Add to that the fact that I slept funny last night and I\'ve trapped a nerve in my shoulder and it means that I can\'t sit comfortably at my computer.

OK so it\'s not the end of the world but it is pretty annoying :cussing:
    Where are Brad Pitt and ANgelina Jolie when you need them? If ever there was a cause that needed a telethon to raise funds and awareness it\'s this one people.

UnDave! I want to help solve the failing office chair problem. That means we need a ribbon. What color ribbon do I need to wear to help keep this epidemic from spreading?

I will NOT let UnDave\'s story be spread. It ends here brother, nobody else suffers from this....not on MY watch!

I went back to the shop I got it from and they gave me one of the bolts from the shop floor display chair. My arse is now secure again :D

Thanks for the support though lol

Thank Christ! That\'s one item off my list of New Years resolutions.... \"Solve international crisis\" even though I had nothing to do with the solution (Or didn\'t I...)

And one thing to add to the thread, and this may sound really dumb, but here goes.

When ever I am having ultimate crisis time and the world keeps spraying me with gritty bowel movements I turn to cleaning. I am completely serious. When things are at their worst, or even if it\'s not ultimately that bad, I break out the mops and do some serious deep cleaning at home. It may not solve the problem but if you\'re HALF the slob I am then things just seem clearer once you\'ve tackled a problem area of the house (Mini collection and garage being my two hot spots) and you\'ve got the satisfaction of accomplishing something that\'s perhaps been nagging at you.

I\'m completely serious, it\'s something that has helped me even in the face very serious crisis\'.

Originally posted by Beelzebrush
    Nothing to report really.... which is odd really, seeing as I\'m a absolute grumpy barstard :D Go figure :D
    Same here. Scary! :D