The vent thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The vent thread

Default The vent thread

I\'m currently buried under an ever growing pile of work in my new job. The sheer volume is overwhelming me, but I really have little choice but to get on and do it.

It has been my experience in life that when things are looking down for me, conversation with those around me reveals they have far greater worries than me. So I forget my troubles by sharing theirs. Unfortunately, having just moved continents, I\'m rather lacking in local friends at the moment, so you guys get to step in, lucky you.

So, if you need to vent, this is the thread for it!

VENT AWAY! :cussing: :D

Everything\'s going OK for me at the moment which makes a change... sorry lol

At last a vent thread:flame:

I know the feeling about work and such piling up atm.I soo wish I didn\'t have to worry about if I\'m going to have a job to go to and all the rest of the crap.....
    The goverment needs to get its head out of its asse and do something:cussing:
    If they want to throw money away ...throw it my way so I can buy mini\'s and :beer:

Just put half of it through the shredder and say you never got it..

Ive been stuck in the house 3 days now because of a winter storm..I hope things start to open today.

Where did you move to Trevor? Are you still down-under???

And never underestimate the value of
    e-venting. It\'s great catharsis!

My keyskills teacher comments on my presentation yestoday.

last week he tells me that i need to change two typos out of a presentation on powerpoint and to add and conclusion, summary and questions, so i can have it as my final document.

This week he says thats all fine, but i need to add pictures and change the background, because it looked to simelar.

And what really gets me is that any work i do he always asks \"did you copy and paste\"

Bear in mind they teach powerpoint in yr 8-10 and i am nearlly 17.

I went home and broke some tiles (we have just done the bathroom..)

Alex

i am STILL teaching middle schoolers. things arent that bad trevor.

at least you dont have to hear about the flippin\' twilight books or if miley cyrus is better looking than hannah montana.
    lollollol

Originally posted by uberdark

at least you dont have to hear about the flippin\' twilight books or if miley cyrus is better looking than hannah montana.
    lollollol
    But... aren\'t they the same person???

Well I know how you feel Trevor.

I currently have WAY too much money. It sucks \'cause you don\'t know if your thousands of fans love you, or your money. Sigh.

And my physical appearance has always been a problem. Allright Jolie, you\'re married, I\'m married leave it alone!

And my CMON scores, WOW! I didn\'t even know there was an eleven button until the sweet scores started rolling in on my latest stuff.

So you\'re not alone brother. Things are tough all over.

Seriously just chip away at whatever needs doing. Do your best, chip away. That\'s my advice.

Originally posted by Undave
    Originally posted by uberdark

lollollol
    But... aren\'t they the same person???
    MY FLIPPIN POINT EXACTLY!!!!

and if i have to hear about how cute robert patinson is one more time, i\'m gonna have to shoot undave. :twisted:

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Originally posted by Trevor
    I\'m currently buried under an ever growing pile of work in my new job. The sheer volume is overwhelming me, but I really have little choice but to get on and do it.
    Trevor, know how to eat an elephant?

One bite at a time.

Hang in there baby, Friday\'s coming....

Tell you another thing which pisses me off (you got me going now..)

EMA!

Should be everyone or no one...

Its meant to support underprivaledged kids, but half of the people use it to pay for their smoking, drinking and drug habits..

I would say out of all the people i know who get it 10% genuinly need it. 50% get the same from their parents as kids who dont get ema anyway...

Thats one of the biggest things which pisses me off...

Today I got a phone call from my manager telling me that none of our staff are going to get paid, this is because a major client we do work for has not paid us for work done in several months and now owes us to the tune of £500,000.
    They are currently being taken to court for the recovery of the money but the long and short of it is that by the time the debt is recovered people could well be losing jobs.
    This couldn\'t come at a worst time as this weekend we were planning on going away for a long weekend as it is out wedding anniversary. :cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:

Originally posted by alextheartist
    Tell you another thing which pisses me off (you got me going now..)
    EMA!
    Should be everyone or no one...
    Its meant to support underprivaledged kids, but half of the people use it to pay for their smoking, drinking and drug habits..
    I would say out of all the people i know who get it 10% genuinly need it. 50% get the same from their parents as kids who dont get ema anyway...
    Thats one of the biggest things which pisses me off...
    As one on such assistance (which I\'m VERY grateful for) I share the feeling. Here there\'s outright fraud or (maybe the same thing with a different name) a whole mentality of I DESERVE FREE STUFF........just because I do!! GIMMIE!!
    This is one the main problems I have with illegal immigration - they are sucking the system dry. Hospitals are going under because they are required to treat anyone and it\'s simply being overrun by illegals who use it for free.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Trevor
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can only do as much as you can do. Pressuring yourself only makes it worse. If the workload is unreasonable and you can\'t keep up then that\'s just the way it is. Don\'t damage yourself with expecting and striving to do the impossible. Easy to say, hard to do.

Lost left bastard trainer at college..

And that was the one without a hole from toe to heel.. grrr!!!

Originally posted by tidoco2222
    Today I got a phone call from my manager telling me that none of our staff are going to get paid, this is because a major client we do work for has not paid us for work done in several months and now owes us to the tune of £500,000.
    They are currently being taken to court for the recovery of the money but the long and short of it is that by the time the debt is recovered people could well be losing jobs.
    This couldn\'t come at a worst time as this weekend we were planning on going away for a long weekend as it is out wedding anniversary. :cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:
    Dude that sucks. Why not have a long weekend at home in bed instead!:o

I also have lots of work, long days, short lunches, not sleeping, but I\'m feeling generally happier and more positive and have more energy (still dosn\'t mean a lot of energy) than I have done for months. I can cope with whatever if I go home feeling good.

That blows, Tim! Sorry to hear that. I\'ll keep a positive thought out for you.

:flame::flame::flame:

\'nuff said.

Ok... THAT sucks!

As an employer, I can say that your company\'s management is probably having their worst imaginable days as well. Still doesn\'t make your situation suck any less.

Employee obligation = show up and perform the the betterment of the business

Employer obligation = provide a suitable, reliable and timely livelihood for employees

Hope that situation resolves quickly, Tidoco. =(

Originally posted by arogers907
    Employee obligation = show up and perform the the betterment of the business
    Employer obligation = provide a suitable, reliable and timely livelihood for employees
    Over here we have gobs of advert\'s as though a wonderful magic thing has happened. It\'s pretty cheeky how \'honest\' they are in the wording - \"we can get you out of paying 75% of the debt you OWE\". What they don\'t mention is all the businesses that are now left holding the bag for someone\'s reckless spending........don\'t even start, I know sometimes life has it\'s moments. that\'s not what I\'m talking about. It simply digs the mental hole even deeper - spend beyond your means then skip out on it - WEEEE:D:D ---:mad:

All that to say that I wonder if what you\'re experinecing is the unspoken downside of all this credit \'magic\'. Sorry to hear about your situation.